Red/Green Reflex Sight For A Buckmark

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 12

Red/Green Reflex Sight For A Buckmark

Post by Abraham »

I just discovered through a bit of research, my Browning Buckmark Camper Bull Barrel .22 cal. in Stainless pistol can accommodate a red/green reflex sight (or not reflex...). A micro size red/green reflex sight is what I want though as I have a larger size reflex sight mounted on a S&W M&P 15-22 and love it.

Who Hoo!

Tactical Solutions, makes a rail that is a very easy install that not only allows a red/green reflex sight, but also comes with great iron sights as a back up.

Now, my question: Given, I'll be putting the reflex sight on a pistol, what do ya'll recommend? Please bear in mind, I don't mind spending a few bucks, but I don't care to shell out enough to buy 2 more Buckmarks, as in the cost of Trigicons or Acogs. I'm not using this pistol for self defense, just plinking and if I recall correctly I paid $350.00 for the pistol before tax, so I don't want a $700.00 sight...well, yes I do want it, but I don't care to pay that high a cost...

Thanks!

Tactical Solutions

G26ster
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Red/Green Reflex Sight For A Buckmark

Post by G26ster »

Abraham wrote:I just discovered through a bit of research, my Browning Buckmark Camper Bull Barrel .22 cal. in Stainless pistol can accommodate a red/green reflex sight (or not reflex...). A micro size red/green reflex sight is what I want though as I have a larger size reflex sight mounted on a S&W M&P 15-22 and love it.

Who Hoo!

Tactical Solutions, makes a rail that is a very easy install that not only allows a red/green reflex sight, but also comes with great iron sights as a back up.

Now, my question: Given, I'll be putting the reflex sight on a pistol, what do ya'll recommend? Please bear in mind, I don't mind spending a few bucks, but I don't care to shell out enough to buy 2 more Buckmarks, as in the cost of Trigicons or Acogs. I'm not using this pistol for self defense, just plinking and if I recall correctly I paid $350.00 for the pistol before tax, so I don't want a $700.00 sight...well, yes I do want it, but I don't care to pay that high a cost...

Thanks!

Tactical Solutions
Here's an inexpensive Tru_Glo red/green reflex that I had on my Buckmark. $60 bucks or so, as I recall.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

G26ster,

Oh yeah!

Looks Good!!

My Browning looks almost like yours, but the barrel on mine is smooth.

Is that a Tactical Solutions rail or ?

I've discovered I can get the rail for a lot less money if I get it "without" the rear iron sight, so I'm giving that some thought...as I stated earlier, I'll just be plinking with it so have I don't absolutely need a "co-witness" option, though it would be nice.

Does the sight improve accuracy?

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Abraham wrote:G26ster,

Oh yeah!

Looks Good!!

My Browning looks almost like yours, but the barrel on mine is smooth.

Is that a Tactical Solutions rail or ?

I've discovered I can get the rail for a lot less money if I get it "without" the rear iron sight, so I'm giving that some thought...as I stated earlier, I'll just be plinking with it so have I don't absolutely need a "co-witness" option, though it would be nice.

Does the sight improve accuracy?
I have no memory of where I got the rail or what rail it was (I no longer own this gun). As for accuracy, I'd say it was no better or worse than the factory sights. I just liked the option of red or green dot, or cross hairs, The cross hairs reminded me of my old Cobra gunship days, when all we had was a large reticle mounted on the instrument panel glare shield, and you put the orange cross hairs (pipper) on the target and fired rockets, cannon, or minigun ;-) Of course the reticle was never accurate, so you fired a pair of rockets and marked the reticle with a grease pencil at the point of impact, and used the grease pencil mark as your point of aim. :mrgreen:

In any case I liked the Truglo sight very much and used them on muliple firearms.

I think this is the sight:

https://www.truglo.com/optics-red-dots/ ... 2CBEB51CA6

Edit: I still have one of these sights (never mounted). MSRP is now $102.00 :shock: I Know I paid less than that, so there's deals to be had. Shop around for price if you are interested. Has four red and four green reticles. Small dot, larger dot in circle, cross hairs with circle/dot, and cross hairs only. One day I might mount this on something, dunno.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

I have a Tru-Glo too and it works great. Don't over tighten the mounting screws!

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

G26ster,

Thanks for the great information.

I paid (I think) roughly a $100.00 for the Sun Optics red/green reflex sight I have on my M&P 15-22, but I think it's a tad large for a pistol or I'd get another one for it. The Tru-Glo optics cost is quite reasonable.

I really like the reflex sight green option in daylight and yeah, I'm not exactly pinholing the bullseye with the sight, but man, it's so much easier than lining up the rear, front sight with the target...It gets the job done.

I'm guessing you were a WO2 or higher?

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

I'm guessing you were a WO2 or higher?
I was an "old man" in RVN (28 yr old Captain - Looked 15). I call this my "baby picture." Oh, and note the trigger discipline :biggrinjester:

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

G26ster,

You handsome dog!

Yeah, I know, you don't look like that now.

Believe me, I know.

I now look like "The Face On The Barroom Floor"... sigh...

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

You handsome dog!

Yeah, I know, you don't look like that now.

Believe me, I know.

I now look like "The Face On The Barroom Floor"... sigh...

Yeah, that was all in a universe far, far away, and a loooong time ago. Now I'm just a grumpy old man. :cheers2:

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I truly understand.

There are a few that do..

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 1

Post by maverick2076 »

puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

Abraham wrote:I just discovered through a bit of research, my Browning Buckmark Camper Bull Barrel .22 cal. in Stainless pistol can accommodate a red/green reflex sight (or not reflex...). A micro size red/green reflex sight is what I want though as I have a larger size reflex sight mounted on a S&W M&P 15-22 and love it.

Who Hoo!

Thanks!

Tactical Solutions
I opted for a Browning brand scope base and the Browning Reflex sight.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

puma guy,

Thanks!

I didn't know Browning offered these items.

So, I've more research to do.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Something I've just considered: Weight of the reflex sight.

Currently, the one I mentioned mounted on my S&W M&P 15-22 weighs 6.4 oz. which on the rifle isn't noticable, but on a pistol...?

Also, I don't know if the new rail to accommodate it on my Buckmark is more or less in weight than the original rear sight.

So, any of you know the weight of the reflex sights on your .22 cal pistols?

Is the weight of the reflex sight much of a bother or not?

Thanks!

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Abraham wrote:Something I've just considered: Weight of the reflex sight.

Currently, the one I mentioned mounted on my S&W M&P 15-22 weighs 6.4 oz. which on the rifle isn't noticable, but on a pistol...?

Also, I don't know if the new rail to accommodate it on my Buckmark is more or less in weight than the original rear sight.

So, any of you know the weight of the reflex sights on your .22 cal pistols?

Is the weight of the reflex sight much of a bother or not?

Thanks!
The weight of the Truglo I mentioned earlier is 4.3 oz. No, the weight never bothered me on the Buckmark.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”