Men simply cannot do certain things!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Men simply cannot do certain things!

Post by Sport Coach »

mot7981 wrote:My sister used to always say it’s funny how we start out in diapers after we come in to the world and often end up back in them as we’re on our way out. Now that I’m getting older it doesn’t seem as humorous as it used to. Anyway, my wife and I were blessed with two beautiful daughters and I got to be a pretty good quick change artist.
One of the most compassionate things I ever read was Bill Heavey in Field & Stream said when his dad ultimately needed help with the toilet. His dad felt bad that Bill had to wipe his butt. Bill said that on average of wiping butts he was probably way ahead of the number of times he would wipe his dad's compared to what his dad did when he was a baby. In hospitals I've changed adult diapers and you just think that if you need that help when you're that age you hope someone else does it with a smile.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by der Teufel »

Two siblings arrived while I was a teenager. I got to do it all. We used cloth diapers exclusively! Getting a soiled diaper into the diaper pail without becoming asphyxiated was sometimes challenging.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

My youngest is autistic and stopped wearing 'diapers' in his mid teens. The turning point was the purchase of bidet attachments. Wonderful inventions.

FL450

Post by FL450 »

Did it for my daughters and when my grandkids were at the house when they were in diapers the girls handrd them to me to change
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Although I'm sure there were other occasions, I only remember the first time I changed my first grandson's diapers. It was such a mess I seriously considered carrying him by one leg, naked, into the back yard and spraying him down with the hose.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

This look familiar to anyone?

member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

Round two of this fun comes with grandchildren!
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

Steamboat wrote:Round two of this fun comes with grandchildren!
My granddaughter has filled the diaper with loads that would put a bear in the woods to shame. :biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Those clips are funny!

I never had an issue with diapers, regardless of how nasty. I was also the swaddler in our house... Just glad I could earn my keep as my wife did all the really hard work in the 30 hours of labor/delivery! :shock:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Steamboat wrote:Round two of this fun comes with grandchildren!
I'm working on round three, then. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Off-Topic”