Boars Attack, Kill Isis Militants

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Boars Attack, Kill Isis Militants

Post by Abraham »

"Bacon is the answer".

I may have that tattooed on me.

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Sport Coach »

If they would have been killed by 72 hogs there would be some real specific irony/karma!
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

Bacon is the truth, the light, and the way.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Revet wrote:Squeal Team 6
You owe me a dress shirt and tie.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Abraham wrote:I have yet to understand religious dietary restrictions.

Pork is unacceptable to Orthodox Jews too.

Unless, way back in time, eating pork was a serious risk due to trichinosis, thus it was a good idea to avoid or something along those lines and has simply evolved into a loopy religious practice.
Abraham,

It has absolutely nothing to do with health or disease for Jews (and not only Orthodox Jews necessarily). It is Biblically proscribed as one of the many Jewish dietary laws which if you care for my personal interpretation, were Divinely inspired and meant to teach us the principle of separation.

The ability to distinguish between right and wrong, good and evil, pure and defiled, the sacred and the profane, is very important in Judaism. Imposing rules on what you can and cannot eat ingrains that kind of self control, requiring us to learn to control even our most basic, primal instincts.

Of the "beasts of the earth", you may eat any animal that has cloven hooves and chews its cud. Lev. 11:3; Deut. 14:6. Any land mammal that does not have both of these qualities is forbidden. The Torah specifies that the camel, the rock badger, the hare and the pig are not kosher because each lacks one of these two qualifications. Cattle, sheep, goats, deer and bison are kosher.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

TXlaw1

Post by TXlaw1 »

Bitter Clinger, I totally agree with your analysis and explanation of our Loving Father's instruction that He asked His children to obey. My wife and I do and we encourage others to as well.

A friend of mine was once asked if a person ate pig would they not go to Heaven. He replied, "No. You just might get their sooner."
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Muslims do not eat Pork and Similar to wild dogs they are considered unclean or filthy. I witnessed that dogs eat their excrements. I assume that Pigs do the same. As matter of cleanness and purity of body for prayer purposes and entering Mosques. Muslims avoid those animal even touching those animals. Some scholars allowed to own trained dogs for protection or hunting and I do have my GS Laika.
Last edited by Beiruty on Thu May 04, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Revet wrote:Squeal Team 6
:lol: :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”