Moderator: carlson1

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Think twice about Springfield and RRA

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Just got this in my email from Springfield:
Dear John,

The 2nd Amendment urgently needs your help in Illinois!

The Illinois House of Representatives may consider Senate Bill 1657, legislation that could put state gun dealers out of business, at any time!

It is imperative you share this with friends and family living in Illinois and strongly urge them to OPPOSE SB 1657!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Just got this in my email from Springfield:
Dear John,

The 2nd Amendment urgently needs your help in Illinois!

The Illinois House of Representatives may consider Senate Bill 1657, legislation that could put state gun dealers out of business, at any time!

It is imperative you share this with friends and family living in Illinois and strongly urge them to OPPOSE SB 1657!
I got same thing- is this the bill Springfield and RRA got themselves exempted from?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

canvasbck wrote:
E.Marquez wrote:
Liberty wrote: To do so they need to meet their customers requirements.
The only thing this customer requires from a gun manufacture is a well manufactured gun at fair price and supported in customer service for that gun after the sale.

I don't go to my favorite steakhouse looking for light bulbs
I have no expectation of my local motorcycle store advocating for free higher education...
The only thing I want from my local food store is, fresh food.

So as long as Springfield continues to manufacture quality guns at a fair price and support those guns with great costumer service, my requirements have been met.
I also don't expect my favorite steakhouse to support legislation that restricts the selling or distribution of meats, ESPECIALLY if I find out that the steakhouse got a carve out exempting them from the legislation.

I would be pretty peeved at Harley Davidson if they were found to be backing legislation that imposed a tax on all motorcycles not built in Missouri, Wisconsin, or Pennsylvania.

You see where I'm going there....
I see where you are going, Harley Davidson has never been an option for me, due to deed restriction. They say "absolutely no oil stain on driveway". :biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

AndyC wrote:Image

"rlol"
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I reacted badly to this news when it broke. Now I'm starting to wonder if I over-reacted.

There isn't a pro gun lobbyist on Earth who hasn't donated to anti-gun lawmakers. Politics is an unwholesome chess game, not a lofty idealistic showcase of philosophical integrity.

Lots of deals are made behind closed doors. I don't like that. I think it's common, and I bet lobbyists don't always tell their employers everything they do. Plausible deniability in some cases, perfidy in others, may mask what's actually being done.

The story sounds horrific. It's hard to believe a gun manufacturer would behave so. Which is starting to make me wonder if there isn't more to the story.

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 4

Post by warnmar10 »

treadlightly wrote:I reacted badly to this news when it broke. Now I'm starting to wonder if I over-reacted.
Too late now, we've formed a mob!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

O.K.

I'll buy from wherever, whoever, I want.

Recall, S&W, who apparently groveled at the feet of the feds?

Many gun people, (even a friend) insisted, I absolutely must not buy from those scalawags.

I'm not a bandwagon kind of guy.

I'll buy from who, where I choose.

For all I know, all the hoopla is true, but I'm such a recalcitrant, I do what I want. I'm not afraid of your disapproval.

Don't like that, hahahahahaha...

No, I'm not your huckleberry...

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Abraham wrote:O.K.

I'll buy from wherever, whoever, I want..
Your not alone in this thought process..

Some are independent thinkers and strive to follow their own goals, needs and beliefs formed though independent thought, consideration and research.
Others are followers and they derive there beliefs and actions from group think, they in essence crowd source and let others think for them.
Still others do the latter and then reconsider when they realize after more information is provided or discovered by the crowd reviles a different story then first assumed.. Thats when it gets interesting...

Does the person who allows group think to guide them stand up, admit the mistake and adjust their new "opinion" to align with the facts of the story ?
Or do they double down on being wrong :tiphat:
Im happy to say, My observation of this group here is partially the first demographic, largely the second and rarely the third :thumbs2:

The NRA has made decisions and deals that can be construed or twisted to be "Anti 2A", but it would be foolish and incorrect to label the NRA as Anti gun or 2A and denounce them, call for the NRA to be defunded , dismembered, protested to the point of failure.
Yet that is what some have called for with Springfield .

No worries, more availability for me...perhaps even cheaper prices...
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

All I have to say is that anyone who thinks that we as second amendment supporters are better off without Springfield Armory and RRA.....well the Ten Year Old Daughter rule prevents any additional comments. We don't need less gun manufacturers we need more. Boycott your heart out I will cancel at least one of the boycotters with my purchases.

flechero

Post by flechero »

1911 10MM wrote:All I have to say is that anyone who thinks that we as second amendment supporters are better off without Springfield Armory and RRA.....well the Ten Year Old Daughter rule prevents any additional comments. We don't need less gun manufacturers we need more. Boycott your heart out I will cancel at least one of the boycotters with my purchases.
There are millions of gun owners who haven't even heard this news and/or don't care... it's doubtful that SA will feel a big crunch, if any at all.

While I agree more is better in the big picture, I have decided that thanking those manufacturers that held firm (with my next purchase) is a more appropriate response. I own SA's already and won't sell them due to this, but in light of recent events, I think my next 1911 purchase will be a different brand. I may still ultimately buy the SA I was eyeing but I will buy it used instead.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Oldgringo »

I'll buy from wherever, whoever, I want.

Recall, S&W, who apparently groveled at the feet of the feds?

Many gun people, (even a friend) insisted, I absolutely must not buy from those scalawags.

I'm not a bandwagon kind of guy.

I'll buy from who, where I choose.

For all I know, all the hoopla is true, but I'm such a recalcitrant, I do what I want. I'm not afraid of your disapproval.

Don't like that, hahahahahaha...

No, I'm not your huckleberry...
My man!

Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pete92FS »

loktite wrote:If you decide to throw your Rugers in the river, please let me know when and where, I think I"ll go fishing that day :biggrinjester:
Same goes for your Springers.
CHL since 01/26/09

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

E.Marquez wrote:

I'll buy from wherever, whoever, I want..
Your not alone in this thought process..

Some are independent thinkers and strive to follow their own goals, needs and beliefs formed though independent thought, consideration and research.
Others are followers and they derive there beliefs and actions from group think, they in essence crowd source and let others think for them.
Still others do the latter and then reconsider when they realize after more information is provided or discovered by the crowd reviles a different story then first assumed.. Thats when it gets interesting...

Does the person who allows group think to guide them stand up, admit the mistake and adjust their new "opinion" to align with the facts of the story ?
Or do they double down on being wrong :tiphat:
Im happy to say, My observation of this group here is partially the first demographic, largely the second and rarely the third :thumbs2:

The NRA has made decisions and deals that can be construed or twisted to be "Anti 2A", but it would be foolish and incorrect to label the NRA as Anti gun or 2A and denounce them, call for the NRA to be defunded , dismembered, protested to the point of failure.
Yet that is what some have called for with Springfield .

No worries, more availability for me...perhaps even cheaper prices...
I agree that we should all be independent thinkers. Blind allegiance to any person, company, or group is a problem. Instead, we should be true and faithful to our principles. One of my fundamental principles is that people should have the right of self-government and the RKBA is essential to a free state that allows self government. I have not been able to find any group that is 100% aligned with this fundamental belief all of the time. The NRA is close, but not when they capitulate to the first gun confiscation I have seen in my lifetime. I support the NRA, but it isn't blind allegiance. The same goes for political parties. Personally, it saddens me that we allow people to lazily vote "straight party" on ballots. Be true to your principles and if a candidate, group, etc., can help to advance those principles then give them your support, but only to the extent that they continue to advance your fundamental principles.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”