HB1911 Com Substitute

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 8

Re: HB1911 Com Substitute

Post by bblhd672 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Calendars does not meet every day, so even a tag was only for 24 - 72 hours, a single "tag" would last a week under a normal schedule. Also, you assume that each member can only tag a bill once.

Chas.
So it sounds like the only method of keeping things going is that if Dem's tag all the Repub's bills, then vice versa happens and no bills advance?

You don't kill all my bills and I won't kill all of yours.. :rules:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 25

Post by ScottDLS »

bblhd672 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Calendars does not meet every day, so even a tag was only for 24 - 72 hours, a single "tag" would last a week under a normal schedule. Also, you assume that each member can only tag a bill once.

Chas.
So it sounds like the only method of keeping things going is that if Dem's tag all the Repub's bills, then vice versa happens and no bills advance?

You don't kill all my bills and I won't kill all of yours.. :rules:
Mutually Assured Destruction.... The Cold War is calling and wants its Legislative procedures back. Perhaps we should consult the (200 page) Texas Constitution... :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

ScottDLS wrote: Perhaps we should consult the (200 page) Texas Constitution... :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
Silly wabbit...don't you know that "rules and decorum" are more important than a crusty old document?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

https://empowertexans.com/features/calendars-confusion/

Found this doing some looking on the web. Helped to shed some light on the subject for those who are interested.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Ruark
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Ruark »

Flightmare wrote:https://empowertexans.com/features/calendars-confusion/

Found this doing some looking on the web. Helped to shed some light on the subject for those who are interested.
Very interesting article about the Calendars Committee. "....a composition of Democrats and liberal Republicans."
-Ruark

thechl
Posts in topic: 6

Post by thechl »

The key is to get rid of strauss. But that has to happen in his San Antonio district, because he'll keep being elected as Speaker as long as he's sent to the Legislature. And since he's so loved by the rino's in his district, the only way to defeat him is to vote for the democrat there who runs against him. I know TAM is against that idea (he spanked me publicly the last time I mentioned it) but it's the only way. Sure, we'll give up one republicans seat in the House, but it will pave the way for a real republican to become Speaker! That Speaker will then appoint a more favorable Calendars. Then the republicans in that San Antonio can vote in a new republican in the following election.

Good idea, I think. ;^>

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

thechl wrote:The key is to get rid of strauss. But that has to happen in his San Antonio district, because he'll keep being elected as Speaker as long as he's sent to the Legislature. And since he's so loved by the rino's in his district, the only way to defeat him is to vote for the democrat there who runs against him. I know TAM is against that idea (he spanked me publicly the last time I mentioned it) but it's the only way. Sure, we'll give up one republicans seat in the House, but it will pave the way for a real republican to become Speaker! That Speaker will then appoint a more favorable Calendars. Then the republicans in that San Antonio can vote in a new republican in the following election.

Good idea, I think. ;^>
I think the bolded part is a matter of debate. If we lose Strauss' seat, have we really lost a "republican" seat at all?

thechl

Post by thechl »

I agree!

thechl

Post by thechl »

Of course each seat counts toward the majority/power party. But at this point we have a few extra to spare. Might not always be so.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 13

Post by mojo84 »

Here is some insight on how the dems and RINOS try to sneak things in by avoiding the regular Calendar's committee and floor debate. https://empowertexans.com/under-the-dom ... orruption/
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 13

Post by mojo84 »

thechl wrote:The key is to get rid of strauss. But that has to happen in his San Antonio district, because he'll keep being elected as Speaker as long as he's sent to the Legislature. And since he's so loved by the rino's in his district, the only way to defeat him is to vote for the democrat there who runs against him. I know TAM is against that idea (he spanked me publicly the last time I mentioned it) but it's the only way. Sure, we'll give up one republicans seat in the House, but it will pave the way for a real republican to become Speaker! That Speaker will then appoint a more favorable Calendars. Then the republicans in that San Antonio can vote in a new republican in the following election.

Good idea, I think. ;^>

He has so many wealthy cronies it's going to be hard to get someone else elected. It's going to take a really strong primary candidate that is able to make the voters in Straus' district realize what a sham he is running and the grass roots will have to overcome and offset the wealthy cronies that benefit from Straus being in power.

Straus has done a masterful job of hiding his skeletons and how he engenders the "right" people to support and vote for him. Too many wealthy people are getting richer from Straus being in office.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

thechl

Post by thechl »

That's why I think holding one's nose and voting for a democrat there is the only way out.

And of course one could even use that famous democrat coverall and say "It's for the children!" hahaha

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

In case some folks are unaware, THE TEXAS LEGISLATURE IS STILL IN SESSION!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps you might hold off condemning the folks we still need to help get bills passed. If you can't, then do it elsewhere.

Chas.

Salty1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Salty1 »

thechl wrote:That's why I think holding one's nose and voting for a democrat there is the only way out.

And of course one could even use that famous democrat coverall and say "It's for the children!" hahaha
Go ahead and vote for the Dem's so instead of complaining about what you did not get you can complain about what you had and lost......
Salty1

thechl

Post by thechl »

OK

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”