Frustration at 30.06 signage

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 6

Frustration at 30.06 signage

Post by TexasTornado »

Today I busted the Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas. The location is properly posted with both 30.06 and 30.07 signage which it clearly states on their website; however, there is nobody checking bags, no metal detectors, no security measures of any tangible nature to ensure the safety of their guests.

I find it very frustrating to be disarmed by my own moral code and compliance with the law while they do absolutely nothing to prevent some armed lunatic from just waltzing on in to such a densely populated space. Yet they claim to provide a safe atmosphere for children. Ugh!
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Frustration at 30.06 signage

Post by Jusme »

Welcome back TT!!

I too feel your frustration, with those who only want to disarm the most law abiding. I let my money, or the lack thereof, do my talking these days, not that I believe that my small contribution, will cause most businesses to file bankruptcy, but hopefully, with increasing numbers of LTC holders, we can have a definite impact.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Jusme wrote:Welcome back TT!!

I too feel your frustration, with those who only want to disarm the most law abiding. I let my money, or the lack thereof, do my talking these days, not that I belive that my small contribution, will cause most businesses to file bankruptcy, but hopefully, with increasing numbers of LTC holders, we can have a definite impact.
I hear you. I've been avoiding the place for years despite my fascination with them having a t-rex fossil. In the end it took a friend, who flew in all the way from London, wanting to go to get me through those right infringing doors.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Thank you! Good to be back! And AWESOME to have a social life again.

P.S. I graduated!

NRA Lifetime Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

TexasTornado wrote:
Thank you! Good to be back! And AWESOME to have a social life again.

P.S. I graduated!

Congrats TT!

:woohoo :woohoo :anamatedbanana
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AJSully421 »

Yeah, it is almost enough to make some people (certainly never myself) ignore those signs because they only make criminals and terrorists safer.

Almost.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

When we went a year or more ago, the signs weren't enforceable. I didn't break any laws or do anything to put anyone in the slightest bit of danger. 'Course, I never do.

Interesting that they will block someone who qualifies to be infringed- a license holder - but will have no qualms about welcoming those who couldn't pass the background check.

Topic author
TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

treadlightly wrote:When we went a year or more ago, the signs weren't enforceable. I didn't break any laws or do anything to put anyone in the slightest bit of danger. 'Course, I never do.

Interesting that they will block someone who qualifies to be infringed- a license holder - but will have no qualms about welcoming those who couldn't pass the background check.
I didn't take out a tape measure, but from all appearances they seem to be legal now...unfortunately.

NRA Lifetime Member

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

TexasTornado wrote:
treadlightly wrote:When we went a year or more ago, the signs weren't enforceable. I didn't break any laws or do anything to put anyone in the slightest bit of danger. 'Course, I never do.

I didn't take out a tape measure, but from all appearances they seem to be legal now...unfortunately.
We were there before Open Carry had passed. They had gunbuster warnings on the glass. Hard to read, nothing remotely resembling 30.06. I don't play sea-lawyer about a 30.06 or .07 sign that's a near miss, but I also don't mind carrying past a gunbuster sign. I never know whether that kind of sign is there to block me or to calm nervous people. Either way, the safest way to handle the gun is always just leave it the heck alone in its holster.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

If no gun buster than time for a Keltec sub2000 rifle.
I bet your friend from England didn't care.

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Get a Red Cross CPR card. That's what I did so I can ignore 30.06 signs starting 9/1.

sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

casp625

Post by casp625 »

tbrown wrote:Get a Red Cross CPR card. That's what I did so I can ignore 30.06 signs starting 9/1.

Ah, so that's all it takes to be considered a volunteer emergency personnel? How long is the card good for?

ldj1002

Post by ldj1002 »

tbrown wrote:Get a Red Cross CPR card. That's what I did so I can ignore 30.06 signs starting 9/1.

Please explain. Sounds like a way to get in trouble.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ScottDLS »

Join the Texas State Guard...I'm looking into the maritime division, but I want to be an officer, since I was one in the the US Navy... :biggrinjester:

Maybe I'll just get a CPR card. :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

ldj1002 wrote:

Please explain. Sounds like a way to get in trouble.
There will be some cringe worthy YouTube videos to come out of this. At least if anyone tries this with OC.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”