Ham roll call?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Ham roll call?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

mdubtx wrote:Waiting for a call sign... Passed the Technicians exam tonight. Looking into local clubs (Keller/Roanoke area) and beginner radios.
Congratulations!

Chas.

cheezit
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cheezit »

mdubtx wrote:Waiting for a call sign... Passed the Technicians exam tonight. Looking into local clubs (Keller/Roanoke area) and beginner radios.
There's a club in the HEB area that gets together on Saturday mornings. There is also one in South lake, they meet at the fire station just north of the town center.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Congratulations, Give me a holler if you find yourself down Galveston way. I' monitor most of the local Repeaters.
KF5IZN.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

txpilot
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txpilot »

Ok. I guesss I'll finally check in, but I haven't been active for a bit.

WK5M here - extra class, licensed since June 1962.

mdubtx
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mdubtx »

That was fast. Got this today... KG5TNR

Now, I still need a radio! LOL
cheezit wrote:[There is also one in South lake, they meet at the fire station just north of the town center.
I'll be reaching out to the NE Tarrant group and try to make the next meeting. Thanks cheezit.
Liberty wrote:Congratulations, Give me a holler if you find yourself down Galveston way. I' monitor most of the local Repeaters.
KF5IZN.
Will do KF5IZN. I try to get down and see a buddy in League City a couple times a year and usually venture down your way.
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Just got my tech license today. KG5TVF
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

mdubtx

Post by mdubtx »

Congratulations Flightmare!

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

mdubtx wrote:That was fast. Got this today... KG5TNR

Now, I still need a radio! LOL
cheezit wrote:[There is also one in South lake, they meet at the fire station just north of the town center.
I'll be reaching out to the NE Tarrant group and try to make the next meeting. Thanks cheezit.
Liberty wrote:Congratulations, Give me a holler if you find yourself down Galveston way. I' monitor most of the local Repeaters.
KF5IZN.
Will do KF5IZN. I try to get down and see a buddy in League City a couple times a year and usually venture down your way.
Field Day this weekend and we will be operating 2 stations in the EOC category, call sign N5EOC. Operations starts 1PM Sat. 24th. We will be setup on the east end of the building in the community common meeting room. Walk up the steps behind the statue and the room is just to the right of the entry doors. You are at the correct end of the building when you see the inverted V dipole hanging off the corner of the building on that end. Make sure you sign the visitor log. Licensed any class or not you can operate as we will have Extra class on hand at all times.

Government owned building and we are in the public access area. You all know what that means...

73, Mike KE5MC
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

I think I remember N5EOC in the logs from previous Field Days. We will be operating as KB5MAR in Marshall.
NRA lifetime member

mdubtx

Post by mdubtx »

mcscanner wrote:
Field Day this weekend and we will be operating 2 stations in the EOC category, call sign N5EOC. Operations starts 1PM Sat. 24th. We will be setup on the east end of the building in the community common meeting room. Walk up the steps behind the statue and the room is just to the right of the entry doors. You are at the correct end of the building when you see the inverted V dipole hanging off the corner of the building on that end. Make sure you sign the visitor log. Licensed any class or not you can operate as we will have Extra class on hand at all times.

Government owned building and we are in the public access area. You all know what that means...

73, Mike KE5MC
I'll be there! Made the meeting Wednesday night and joined the group. I'm logging for Ted [didn't get his call] on station 2, 8:00-9:00PM.

LimaCharlie3

Post by LimaCharlie3 »

KA5YBX here. Licensed in 1985. Kinda slacked off on it in recent years but now I'm retired and have the time. However, now I'm nearly deaf so I'm going to concentrate on Digital modes. Packet has changed immensely since the 80's so I'm having to relearn the stuff. Been a Tech all this time but I think I'll upgrade next testing session.

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

another lurking HAM here :-)
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Received my Technician license today after passing test last Saturday. Not sure about posting call sign on public forum.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

yodajim

Post by yodajim »

KI4TUQ
I received it while in Florida

kg5ie

Post by kg5ie »

Cowtown ARC meets on Thursday nights. You are welcome any time. Club call is K5COW. Repeater 147.28 (110.9)

Congrats!

Bill
kg5ie
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Return to “Off-Topic”