What exactly did Trump Jr. do wrong?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Re: What exactly did Trump Jr. do wrong?

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Let me see if I can explain this. Bear with me while I attempt to channel a liberal mindset by removing all reason and logic from my thought process.

You see, Donald Trump Jr. met with an agent working for the Russian government. This person was a clear danger to the US and was likely a spy, that's why she had been denied a VISA to enter the country (until AG Lynch granted a waiver because we shouldn't deny entry to anyone, including those who are a danger to our country).

But the thing that made it really bad, is that Don Jr. thought he was going to get some confidential info that could hurt Her Highness, Queen Hillary (I'll pause while you revere her name). It's kind of like when Access Hollywood released damaging private audio tapes that hurt Trump's chances, or when CNN was kind enough to give Her Highness debate questions ahead of time so she would be fully prepared to take down the evil Mr Trump. Except the big difference here, of course, is that this was done to hurt Queen Hillary, so it was bad. Very, very, bad. Likely treason, or some other death penalty offense.

Hopefully, that clears it up for you.

Topic author
mloamiller
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mloamiller »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Let me see if I can explain this. Bear with me while I attempt to channel a liberal mindset by removing all reason and logic from my thought process.

You see, Donald Trump Jr. met with an agent working for the Russian government. This person was a clear danger to the US and was likely a spy, that's why she had been denied a VISA to enter the country (until AG Lynch granted a waiver because we shouldn't deny entry to anyone, including those who are a danger to our country).

But the thing that made it really bad, is that Don Jr. thought he was going to get some confidential info that could hurt Her Highness, Queen Hillary (I'll pause while you revere her name). It's kind of like when Access Hollywood released damaging private audio tapes that hurt Trump's chances, or when CNN was kind enough to give Her Highness debate questions ahead of time so she would be fully prepared to take down the evil Mr Trump. Except the big difference here, of course, is that this was done to hurt Queen Hillary, so it was bad. Very, very, bad. Likely treason, or some other death penalty offense.

Hopefully, that clears it up for you.
I bet that hurt. Hope the headache goes away soon. :lol:
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

Syntyr wrote:Image

Perfect! :thumbs2:

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 6

Post by der Teufel »

Appearances are important.

According to this article on the BBC web site — http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40571914
The email chain to/from Donald Trump Jr. included information stating:
On 3 June 2016, at 10:36, Rob Goldstone (publicist) wrote:

Emin (Agalarov, Azerbaijani businessman and singer-songwriter) just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.
The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras (Agalarov, Azerbaijani-Russian businessman and public figure) this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and be very useful to your father.
This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.
What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?
I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.
Best
Rob Goldstone

So it seems evident from the start that DT Jr should have been aware that the info was represented as coming directly from the Russian Gov't.

I'm not saying this was any worse than what the Dems and Hillary were doing, but it's not good.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Topic author
mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

der Teufel wrote:
So it seems evident from the start that DT Jr should have been aware that the info was represented as coming directly from the Russian Gov't.

I'm not saying this was any worse than what the Dems and Hillary were doing, but it's not good.
Based on the info above, I does seem obvious the Russian government was involved, but there is still an element of "so what?" in my mind. If someone said they had info that would help his dad win the election, what son would not want to find out what that was? Especially after what the Clinton camp had done, and was still doing at the time.

I would think differently if the Russians had said "we'll help you make up junk against Clinton" and he still agreed to meet with them, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Short answer>> He got taken in by left wing operatives. How has the NYT had this story for a year, and not published anything? How did they get the story? Either DTJr, was hacked, or someone tipped them off. The only people who knew about it were the "entertainment broker" in the UK, DTjr, and the lawyer.

The left is running a very slick, pick them off one at a time campaign. It's jut DTjrs turn under the scrutiny. This too will pass, since even the most liberal pundits have to admit, no laws were broken.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TVGuy »

mloamiller wrote:

I would think differently if the Russians had said "we'll help you make up junk against Clinton" and he still agreed to meet with them, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Or if they said (Russian Accent...) "We would like to meet to discuss hack to rig election box for upcoming election"

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Here is the whole problem with the "Russia hacked the election" theory. There is no evidence that Russia hacked anything. The only leaked information came from DNC servers. They refused to turn over any information to the FBI, or any other agency, instead, they hired a private firm to look into the issue. The only " evidence" available is "The DNC said so"
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't trust anything the DNC says. Even Assange at Wikileaks, said he did not get the info from Russia. They protect their sources, but they have never been proven wrong on anything they have put out.

Secondly, no one wants to talk about "what" was leaked, they only want to try to tie Trump in somehow.

As far as Comey, he had " no credibility" after meeting with the security committee, according to Democratic Senators, but there was no one forthcoming as to why that was the case. Of course after he was fired, the left was outraged.

They are running out of "gotcha"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

mloamiller wrote:Based on the info above, I does seem obvious the Russian government was involved, but there is still an element of "so what?"

I think the issue here is that foreign governments and entities (companies, individuals) are not supposed to interfere in US elections. Candidates cannot accept contributions from foreign entities, nor should they accept other assistance. It comes down to meddling in our election process. That's the issue. A foreign government (Russia) attempted to interfere in a US election, and Donald Trump Jr. apparently was willing to go along with that. Such actions are not legal.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

der Teufel wrote:
mloamiller wrote:Based on the info above, I does seem obvious the Russian government was involved, but there is still an element of "so what?"

I think the issue here is that foreign governments and entities (companies, individuals) are not supposed to interfere in US elections. Candidates cannot accept contributions from foreign entities, nor should they accept other assistance. It comes down to meddling in our election process. That's the issue. A foreign government (Russia) attempted to interfere in a US election, and Donald Trump Jr. apparently was willing to go along with that. Such actions are not legal.
Sorry, total nonsense. The Russian lawyer was not a government rep. There was no attempt to interfere. FAKE NEWS. :nono:
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

jason812

Post by jason812 »

der Teufel wrote:

The previous administration interfered in the last Israeli election because Netanyahu was not liked. I guess that was ok though.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
der Teufel wrote:

Sorry, total nonsense. The Russian lawyer was not a government rep. There was no attempt to interfere. FAKE NEWS. :nono:
The emails sent by Donald Trump Jr. say different. — http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40571914
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

der Teufel wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
der Teufel wrote:

The emails sent by Donald Trump Jr. say different. — http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40571914
Seriously? That is your source? APPLESAUCE.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Off-Topic”