DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SA-TX
Posts in topic: 12

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by SA-TX »

G26ster wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
Lena wrote:I would attend if closer but 2 hrs 1 way for me is a tad far, sure like to see one on the east side somewhere garland, Rockwall or??
Once this first one is established and we're sure it's not going to just die out if we spawn off a second one, I think we'll look at doing one in the northeast. It's a 50 mile one-way trip for me from Plano.
Once again, I press for one in the Mid-Cities (DFW Airport area). This location is equidistant for all that might attend. There's a reason it's called the Mid-Cities. To me it makes more sense to have one central location, than to have 3 or 4 different breakfasts where you only get to meet a third or quarter of the folks you would meet at a central location. A central location means all have to travel a little, but no one should have to travel a lot. Just MHO, and in the interest in full disclosure, I live near DFW airport :mrgreen:
The Mid-Cities are centrally located East-West but not North-South. I-30 in the Six Flags / Grand Prairie / Arlington area would seem to be centered in both directions. Traffic conditions vary but this should allow a 1 hour or less drive in a 50 mile radius encompasssing Dallas, Tarrant and many parts of the surrounding counties. There are certainly many restaurants in that area. Anyone interested?

SA-TX

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

I'm interested any saturday morning I don't already have other plans.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 1911 10MM »

IMHO the DFW area will need multiple locations as it is just too big for one location to satisfy everyone. I think 4 locations each on a different Saturday would work so people could visit different locations if they wanted to. Someone is going to have to drive. I haven't made one yet but if Rudy's already works and allows both OC and CC Carry I see no reason to change. If I wasn't shooting shotgun club matches every Saturday morning I would be attending the Rudys one. This is just my opinion and nothing more.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 6

Post by treadlightly »

SA-TX wrote:
< snip >

...should allow a 1 hour or less drive in a 50 mile radius encompasssing Dallas, Tarrant and many parts of the surrounding counties. There are certainly many restaurants in that area. Anyone interested?

SA-TX
50 miles? You pikers! I have to drive that far just to see indoor plumbing!

Maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's 50 miles each way to find a good movie theater where I can be schooled by socially responsible Hollywood stars who don't much like me.

As I recall. Been a while since I went to a movie.

Hope I can meet you fine folks next time around.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Rudy's seems to work just fine. ~70 miles round trip for me and the thought of the comraderie makes it a most pleasurable drive!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Rudy's seems to work just fine. ~70 miles round trip for me and the thought of the comraderie makes it a most pleasurable drive!
I agree, I personally do not mind the distance. There are some that don't live in Tarrant/Dallas county or any county that borders them. Hence why I had suggested an additional location after one had proven to be established. I'm one that do not mind driving from Collin County to southern Tarrant. I think TexasTornado said she lives up near Sherman, and that would be a long drive. However if there were something up in Carrollton/Addison area, it would be closer. I'd try to make both if I wasn't busy, and I could go to at least 1 in a month if I had something planned that kept me from the other.

I'm good if someone wants to try and arrange something in the mid cities. I'll make an attempt to go to that as well.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

suthdj wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:We discussed putting together some private tactical training for the group, maybe as early as September at the police range in Prosper.

Do y'all want me to start working on that?
With who, an maybe start a new thread
Will do. I plan to ask Phil Ryan to propose dates for private training for our group. See website:
https://txconcealedcarry.com

Suggest focusing on drawing from holster, stop shots, moving & shooting, shooting from cover & concealment, multiple target engagement.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Maybe you should all come out and shoot Personal Protection Match at Dallas Pistol Club
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
suthdj wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:We discussed putting together some private tactical training for the group, maybe as early as September at the police range in Prosper.

Will do. I plan to ask Phil Ryan to propose dates for private training for our group. See website:

Suggest focusing on drawing from holster, stop shots, moving & shooting, shooting from cover & concealment, multiple target engagement.
Bitter Clinger - You still train with Mac on occasion? I haven't been out in a few months due to a new baby, but my wife and I have been training with him regularly for years and are personal friends. My avatar is actually from an SSS day with him. Curious if we know each other.

BTW - I hope I can make the next breakfast. Somehow I've missed this thread and didn't know you all were meeting regularly now!

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Beiruty wrote:Maybe you should all come out and shoot Personal Protection Match at Dallas Pistol Club
That's a good, central location in DFW as well.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

TVGuy wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
suthdj wrote:

Bitter Clinger - You still train with Mac on occasion? I haven't been out in a few months due to a new baby, but my wife and I have been training with him regularly for years and are personal friends. My avatar is actually from an SSS day with him. Curious if we know each other.

BTW - I hope I can make the next breakfast. Somehow I've missed this thread and didn't know you all were meeting regularly now!
I recently did the one day medical course with him (I think it was in late April) and brought along another friend as well. Were you there? I haven't been out there as much as I would like for firearms tactical training - have been staying in closer to Dallas and would like to correct that - Mac is an outstanding professional instructor! And congrats on the new baby! I am willing to bet that the first words out of the baby's mouth might well be something like, "gun front, drop your weapon!" :biggrinjester:

If you want to PM me, we can try to figure out who we really are :headscratch
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

TVGuy wrote:
Beiruty wrote:Maybe you should all come out and shoot Personal Protection Match at Dallas Pistol Club
Beiruty - Honest confession - my take on the match was mixed. I had a really good time socializing with you and your group, but there was too much standing around for the amount of trigger time that we got (in my opinion) and the lack of focus on tactics, vs. scoring, made me realize that its really a game, and not self-defense training. I also found some of the rules to be kinda silly, but again, that's my problem to deal with... :rules:

So while I would still like to run a match with you occasionally, I cannot say that it would be my first choice. Just my two cents, and obviously others will find the matches to be exactly their cup of tea so I would not want to discourage anyone from trying if they have never done so.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
Beiruty - Honest confession - my take on the match was mixed. I had a really good time socializing with you and your group, but there was too much standing around for the amount of trigger time that we got (in my opinion) and the lack of focus on tactics, vs. scoring, made me realize that its really a game, and not self-defense training. I also found some of the rules to be kinda silly, but again, that's my problem to deal with... :rules:

So while I would still like to run a match with you occasionally, I cannot say that it would be my first choice. Just my two cents, and obviously others will find the matches to be exactly their cup of tea so I would not want to discourage anyone from trying if they have never done so.
No problem at all. What matters is trigger time. And learning to perform under stress and staying focused while shooting.
I have been to Phil training and courses and he is my CHL instructor. I liked the tiger Valley Courses given at ELM Fork Range.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

When is the next DFW breakfast?

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

TVGuy wrote:When is the next DFW breakfast?
Since Jusme has gone fishin', I will make a decision on next breakfast.

Saturday August 19th at 8:00AM. Rudy's BBQ Arlington.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Off-Topic”