BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 5

Re: BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Post by MechAg94 »

I like the 320 that I have. Very reliable and I think the modular feature ought to bring about some interesting aftermarket options once the military use ramps up. That said, I will still carry my CZ pistols for now as I just shoot those more accurately than anything else I own.

I am hearing stuff indicating it really depends on what trigger was installed. I also heard the trigger in the military pistols isn't the same as the civilian 320. I guess I will have to wait and see as more info comes out.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... lans-test/
With all the information coming to light where the P320 failed when dropped, It got me thinking. What if you could replicate the failure with a sharp blow on the back of the slide? I talked to some people that have conducted professional drop tests and was told that sometimes a hammer or mallet is used for the testing.

I grabbed my well used Brownells 1″ gunsmith hammer and loaded a primed case into the chamber, then smacked it on the back of the slide. Sure, it isn’t super scientific, but it does show that the pistol will fail on command.
The gun failed the test.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero
Posts in topic: 11

Post by flechero »

The Annoyed Man wrote:http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... lans-test/
With all the information coming to light where the P320 failed when dropped, It got me thinking. What if you could replicate the failure with a sharp blow on the back of the slide? I talked to some people that have conducted professional drop tests and was told that sometimes a hammer or mallet is used for the testing.

I grabbed my well used Brownells 1″ gunsmith hammer and loaded a primed case into the chamber, then smacked it on the back of the slide. Sure, it isn’t super scientific, but it does show that the pistol will fail on command.
The gun failed the test.
This commentary is directed at TFB, not at TAM. :tiphat:

This is surprising? The gun already failed (proven and repeated) from a sharp blow to the rear... so this time just using using a tool to produce the sharp blow to the rear to induce failure is now news? It's the same thing! :lol:

Suddenly anyone with a 320 and no concern for hurting it is "testing" in the name of safety and science! I think TFB just needed/wanted some publicity and jumped onto a hot topic's coat tails.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

So how many guns would fail that test if a hammer were put right on the back of the striker? Is that normal for any current safety tests?

I heard the pistol did go through drop testing so I am curious what the difference is between what was done to induce the failure and the "official" testing they do. Also, I heard someone say the military pistols and one of the upgraded models already has an improved trigger that won't do this. Does that mean only certain serial numbers are affected? I guess I will wait and see what comes out.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

flechero wrote: This commentary is directed at TFB, not at TAM. :tiphat:

This is surprising? The gun already failed (proven and repeated) from a sharp blow to the rear... so this time just using using a tool to produce the sharp blow to the rear to induce failure is now news? It's the same thing! :lol:

Suddenly anyone with a 320 and no concern for hurting it is "testing" in the name of safety and science! I think TFB just needed/wanted some publicity and jumped onto a hot topic's coat tails.
Considering the stuff with Springfield and RRA earlier this year, that does seem to be part of their business model.

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by warnmar10 »

AndyC wrote:Image
Last edited by warnmar10 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Scott B. »

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/08/08/si ... 0-upgrade/

Comments and slides direct from folks who met with Sig this week.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

rotor

Post by rotor »

P320 Romeo. Now we wait for official notice. I wonder how long they will keep the gun.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

AndyC wrote:
warnmar10 wrote:
Thank you - I have no idea why pictures I post suddenly stop working after a little while.
In this example, picpaste.com really doesn't want anyone to link to images stored on their servers. I found a workaround.

rotor

Post by rotor »

AndyC wrote:
warnmar10 wrote:
Thank you - I have no idea why pictures I post suddenly stop working after a little while.
Use http://imgur.com/

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

SIG stopped production of civilian P320. All new production would have drop-resistant trigger as an enhancement. Meanwhile, never ever drop your pistol or you would be DisQualified, DQ that is.... :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Given that the Sig P320 issue first surfaced with a law enforcement officer being shot in the heel, will Glock Leg be replace by shrill cries of "Sig Heel!!"? :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”