Question about upcoming CHL application

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Chimera
Posts in topic: 1

Question about upcoming CHL application

Post by Chimera »

Like a lot of people, I'm planning on filling out my CHL application on 9/1. I took my class next month and was trying to think of ways to be one of the early applications. I'm trying to have everything done or scheduled by 9/1 if possible.

Does anybody know if the fingerprints can be done prior to the application, or would that have to wait? If I have to wait, can I schedule the appointment to a date after filling out the application before actually filling it out?

Also, is there any other ways I can save time on the entire process besides talking the class and possibly the fingerprints?

mloamiller

Re: Question about upcoming CHL application

Post by mloamiller »

I think you have to submit the application first before you get the option to schedule the fingerprints. Not completely sure, however.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Its been a couple years for me, but if I remember correctly, the fingerprint process was scheduled through the application submission process, that's when I picked my time slot/date, etc
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

The fingerprinting is done by a vender, who can only charge the amount contracted for. (9.95 +tax) In order to receive this pricing you must have a file, the file is made by completing and paying for the application. The fingerprints are only good for the LTC license. Unless, things have recently changed that how this is done.
BTW, send your LTC/CHL100 in after you apply and receive your barcode that acknowledges your file. If you send it with the application, you stand better than 50% that your LTC/CHL100 will not attach to file and the Dept. will be waiting for your supporting documents. (LTC/CHL100)
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

We are a fingerprint provider through MorphoTrust.

Fingerprinting cannot be scheduled until you complete the online application. Usually, you can get an appointment with us next day. That might be different in your area.

Fingerprinting fee for LTC is $10.21 now
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”