Paul Ryan Dragging Feet on Reciprocity

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Paul Ryan Dragging Feet on Reciprocity

Post by parabelum »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
parabelum wrote:Maybe if he cuts a "deal" with that thing Maxine "straight-outta-Compton" Waters we will get something...not. :banghead:

I am tired of 'em all. And at some point, Trump needs to just step up and lead. Pen and paper...oh and phone. No more of these "deals" with the most detestable political rats.

And yes, Ryan has long been dragging his feet on anything that would actually help drive the conservative agenda.
Pen and paper doesnt help unless you want the next D in office to undo it all.
Reciprocity and hearing protection act seem pretty easy to me, even with the current congressional makeup.
We have just a little narrow window of opportunity at the Fed level to get anything on our agenda even remotely enacted. That next D will push the progressive agenda with "pen, paper and a phone" regardless.

Mark my gibberish here, those little slobbering fascists will gain power very soon and then my friend you'll see what we will get.

As for Trump, if we as his base don't start criticizing him vehemently when he conducts political cannibalism by lurching even left of McConnell, you just wait where he will go next.

striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Post by striker55 »

anygunanywhere wrote:We have term limits. It is called the vote.

The problem is that there are too many low information (moron) voters.

We are not going to vote our way out of this mess.
Totally agree, we have the power of voting but too many people just vote for one particular person or party.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

However, if there is a Constitutional amendment imposing term limits, then it will force the low information voters to actually make a choice instead of re-electing the same poltroon over and over again. A new poltroon, who is term-limited, can only accrue so much power and do so much damage.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

I think we should take it back to what it was meant to be. One house of professional politicians and one house of common folks.

House membership should be like Jury duty. One day you open the mail and say "Honey, I've been selected. We're going to DC for two years."

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

However, if there is a Constitutional amendment imposing term limits, then it will force the low information voters to actually make a choice instead of re-electing the same poltroon over and over again. A new poltroon, who is term-limited, can only accrue so much power and do so much damage.
If the frog had a back pocket he'd carry a 1911 to keep snakes from eating him. Constitution amendments are just a dream. Sorry to be so cynical but we can't get simple legislation passed. The ones screaming for an Article V convention are in the same minority as those who demand the fed.gov abide by the limits in the Constitution. The minority is us.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

flechero

Post by flechero »

The Annoyed Man wrote: A new poltroon, who is term-limited, can only accrue so much power and do so much damage.
One might even hope that with too little time to corrupt yourself forever, you might choose to do some good for your country while on such a short term assignment! :lol:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

clarionite wrote:I think we should take it back to what it was meant to be. One house of professional politicians and one house of common folks.

House membership should be like Jury duty. One day you open the mail and say "Honey, I've been selected. We're going to DC for two years."
Repeal the 17th amendment to have senators appointed by state legislatures. Majority of state legislatures are GOP controlled.

And like I always say, the GOP will save us.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

anygunanywhere wrote:If the frog had a back pocket he'd carry a 1911 to keep snakes from eating him. Constitution amendments are just a dream. Sorry to be so cynical but we can't get simple legislation passed. The ones screaming for an Article V convention are in the same minority as those who demand the fed.gov abide by the limits in the Constitution. The minority is us.
I'd love to see an amendment that made the Judiciary liable for rulings that are obviously contrary to law and the constitution.

I'm tired of activist judges making law from the bench. And the executive branch doing the same. The system works when followed. Unfortunately we're allowing the branches to side step. How in the world was the Paris Climate Treaty legal? It wasn't ratified by congress. Daca? Wasn't law written by congress. I could go on and on... It doesn't matter if you agree with the end result, if the means weren't proper then you should scream about the means. Ends do not justify the means.

Post by 869 »

I'd be happy if the current schmucks would pass term limit but exempt themselves... we'd have to wait but we'd get there

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

clarionite wrote:I think we should take it back to what it was meant to be. One house of professional politicians and one house of common folks.

It might be nice to see Congressmen NOT spend all their time in D.C. Is there really any reason they need to be there in session all year long?

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I am hoping to see some leadership from Trump or others publicizing challengers in next year's primaries against these anti-Trump Republicans. I think there are enough pro-Trump voters to kick out some of these guys if people know about it. Kicking some of them out of office is the only way to get their attention I think.

I am not sure who your representatives are or who they support, but the Texas primary is in March 2018.

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KLB »

anygunanywhere wrote:And like I always say, the GOP will save us.
I used to believe that, but now I see them as taking us down the same road to perdition as the Democrats, only a little slower.

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KLB »

MechAg94 wrote:It might be nice to see Congressmen NOT spend all their time in D.C. Is there really any reason they need to be there in session all year long?
I agree. I strongly believe Texas is no worse than it is in significant part because the short legislative session limits the amount of mischief the pols can get into.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

KLB wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:And like I always say, the GOP will save us.
I used to believe that, but now I see them as taking us down the same road to perdition as the Democrats, only a little slower.
Just FYI, when I post that phrase it is always painted in sarcasm.

allisji
Posts in topic: 4

Post by allisji »

MechAg94 wrote:

It might be nice to see Congressmen NOT spend all their time in D.C. Is there really any reason they need to be there in session all year long?
They are supposed to be in session all year long? seems to me that they already spend half the year on recess :grumble
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”