SIG rifle recall

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SIG rifle recall

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote:
SIG SAUER, Inc. has determined that a limited number of rifles in the SIG716 DMR, SIG516 Carbon Fiber, and SIGM400 Predator models were built with a two-stage SIG SAUER trigger that may have an improperly heat-treated hammer.
https://www.ammoland.com/2017/09/sig-sa ... er-rifles/
Do they fire when dropped? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MechAg94 »

AndyC wrote:They do seem to be dropping the ball of late - trying to do too much too soon, perhaps.
Or maybe their issues are just publicized more and they are doing recalls instead of just fixing them when people call for warranty service. Hard to say which is right. They certainly aren't the only manufacturer that has had issues.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

It's how a company deals with it that makes or breaks them.

Acknowledge it. Fix it. Learn from it.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

AndyC wrote:Sure, but I can't recall when I heard last of the same world-class gun-manufacturer having defects in 2 different lines back-to-back; that's what perturbs me, and I own a Sig myself.
I guess Remington is no longer considered a world class manufacturer. I know they had 2 or 3 different problems with the 700 rifle trigger and the 9mm pistol they launched. I can't remember if the RP9 had any significant problems. And do you lay the QA/QC issues of all their subsidiaries on them?

I have heard it pointed out that Glock has gone through some teething issues with their pistols in the past. One of the reasons those guns are what they are is they started as a good design and it has matured over the decades with Glock rarely changing anything.

As Scott mentioned, if they own up to it, fix it, and learn from it, they will better off in the long run.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I don't own any sig products at this time. I believe sig is a good a gun manufacturer. I think they are one of the most innovative gun companies out there right now. That being said the 320 issue was a bit alarming and now this rifle problem. But I can say sig will own up to their mistakes and fix them. Here's the real problem. I think the media blows everything out of proportion. Thanks to social media, YouTube, twitter, etc. we all have a voice. That is good in some ways but not in others. Just because they have had a couple issues lately who cares? They will fix it. They don't stay in business for building crap products. The 226 is a fine handgun and I loved it. Shot it better than any 9mm handgun I have ever fired. Many trust their life to that gun and for good reason. There are going to be some growing pains.

It sounds like I'm a sig fan boy I'm not any gun manu fan boy. Give em some time I think they will get it sorted.

Oh and btw.... God bless you all.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Not good for Sig to have these issues, 320 now just weeks later their rifle. Seems like a clear QC issue to me. Bad engineering decisions for whatever reason are no excuse for the product to fly out of factory flawed. QC dept. job is precisely that, to detect and raise a flag before the truck drives out of their factory.
To be fair, Glock is not a good comparison in this case though as they do not make rifles (to my knowledge). If comparing Glock pistols to Sig pistols though, at times both were flawed but mostly both are exceptionaly well built handguns, in my opinion two of the best defensive handguns choices, for me.

Hope Sig straightens out.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

AndyC wrote:I quite plainly said 2 different product lines back to back - so no, that's nothing like Remington. I colored the relevant sections for you just in case there's a comprehension issue - I trust that helps you and sorry you're getting so defensive about this.

As for your uncalled-for sarcasm, let me respond quite bluntly in riposte: I don't give a rat's behind what you think of my alarm over these two events.
My satire/sarcasm was aimed at the manufacturers not you. Sorry if it came out that way.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”