Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: State Fair - Again

Post by C-dub »

Keith B wrote:
jason812 wrote:The HOT fair is at it again too:

New Security Policies

We want our guests to have a great time at the Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo.We want to do everything we can to make your experience a safe and positive one.We also expect you to respect our home.
Guests to Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo should be mindful of the following:
NEW this year, all guests entering will be subject to a metal detection wand and bag check in an effort to ensure the safety of those attending the Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo at the Extraco Events Center.
Weapons and sharp metal objects, such as large knives, scissors and the like, are not allowed. In accordance with the State of Texas laws that protect "premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place," handguns are never permitted inside the Extraco Events Center.
The rodeo part makes it a professional sporting event, so will be off limits for that portion.
That would make sense, but the skeptic in me says that they would still try to prohibit all firearms no matter what the event were.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

John Galt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by John Galt »

I attended the State Fair of Texas today. At the entrance where they have the walk through scanner I told the worker that I had an LTC and was carrying. They asked where it was and I pointed to my right pocket. They then asked me to empty all pockets except the gun and walk through, the scanner went off and they ran the wand over that pocket which beeped. I proceeded to the officer in the tower and he asked for my drivers license in addition to my LTC.
I hope this information about this years Fair would be helpful to those attending.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TreyHouston »

John Galt wrote:I attended the State Fair of Texas today. At the entrance where they have the walk through scanner I told the worker that I had an LTC and was carrying. They asked where it was and I pointed to my right pocket. They then asked me to empty all pockets except the gun and walk through, the scanner went off and they ran the wand over that pocket which beeped. I proceeded to the officer in the tower and he asked for my drivers license in addition to my LTC.
I hope this information about this years Fair would be helpful to those attending.
Why didn't they just refer you to the LEO to begin with? Sillyness. I wish the Houston Rodeo would allow CC, perhaps I would go!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

TreyHouston wrote:
John Galt wrote:I attended the State Fair of Texas today. At the entrance where they have the walk through scanner I told the worker that I had an LTC and was carrying. They asked where it was and I pointed to my right pocket. They then asked me to empty all pockets except the gun and walk through, the scanner went off and they ran the wand over that pocket which beeped. I proceeded to the officer in the tower and he asked for my drivers license in addition to my LTC.
Why didn't they just refer you to the LEO to begin with? Sillyness. I wish the Houston Rodeo would allow CC, perhaps I would go!
HLSR is blatantly breaking the law but they have no fear as the big $$$ folks there have virtually paid off the LEO and AG to allow it.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Thanks. Very helpful. Any issues with pocket folding knife?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Thanks. Very helpful. Any issues with pocket folding knife?
They asked if I had one and I said no, but they asked me to empty all pockets with the exception of the gun, then they ran the wand over me.

I49SF3

Post by I49SF3 »

Anyone having any issues now after what happened in Las Vegas. Just wondering if they changed any policies since then. I would like to go later in the month but I'm not willing to go into a large crowded area like the state fair without being able to carry, especially after recent events.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

If you have an LTC and a firearm, is there really any point in them continuing to look for OTHER weapons? "rlol" :headscratch
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:If you have an LTC and a firearm, is there really any point in them continuing to look for OTHER weapons? "rlol" :headscratch
I had the same thought.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

John Galt wrote:
JustSomeOldGuy wrote:If you have an LTC and a firearm, is there really any point in them continuing to look for OTHER weapons? "rlol" :headscratch
I had the same thought.
The Texas State Fair is not run by geniuses.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

:iagree:

That line of thinking would require common sense.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

ScottDLS wrote:I really don't see why the Fair is allowing handgun carry concealed, or otherwise. At it's heart the State Fair of Texas is an educational institution, a school, an amusement park, a zoo, and a church. That along with having 100s of 51% licensees with the entire of Fair Park as their licensed "premises". Also with local ISD's giving a day off for the Fair, it is a School Sponsored Event 100 times over. No one should carry unless they wish to risk dahh..duhh.dahhh....!!! "THE RIDE". All it takes is a well informed cop and Dallas DA with an attitude armed with KP-108 and a judges "feeling" that guns should not be at the Fair. All you gun nuts carrying your dangerous assault weapons at the Fair are committing a felony.
Good point. Most LE agencies also conduct training and even outside of training, cops learn things every day on the job. So any Texas LEO's that don't have their Texas LTC's should all be arrested immediately under the GFSZA.

PackinPig

Post by PackinPig »

I went to the Fair yesterday. Rode the Dart down there, walked into the gate near the dart stop and walked right up to the officer in the tower. I handed her my LTC, she looked at it and said have a nice day, and I walked right in.
No issues whatsoever, however, I did avoid the wand wavers by walking straight to the officer.
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
"Speak softly and carry a big stick."
-Theodore Roosevelt 26th President of the United States

loktite

Post by loktite »

PackinPig wrote:I went to the Fair yesterday. Rode the Dart down there, walked into the gate near the dart stop and walked right up to the officer in the tower. I handed her my LTC, she looked at it and said have a nice day, and I walked right in.
No issues whatsoever, however, I did avoid the wand wavers by walking straight to the officer.
Was my same experience last year. Except for me, one of the wand wavers was like "SIR ! SIR! " looking very excited to wand me, running towards me and I just pointed towards the officer and heard a low "oh", as he turned, slumped, and walked away.
NRA Endowment Member

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Wand wavers are a thing of the past at the fair, my wife confirmed they are all walk-though detectors this year.

Good thing considering how much they missed in years past.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”