Alliance Air Show

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TVGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Alliance Air Show

Post by TVGuy »

I'm thinking about taking my father and son to the Alliance Air Show this weekend. I was really looking at their site for schedule information, but happened upon the "prohibited items" list. I was actually surprised to see that they didn't mention weapons at all. I clearly can't take my tent, pet, awning, skateboard, or favorite adult beverage...it says nothing about weapons whether LTC or not.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Alliance Air Show

Post by TreyHouston »

I worked the Ellinton air show this last weekend. Here is a hint, if its in an airport, same TSA rules apply. Look at a map and see if its on an airport!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

It's only prohibited by TSA in the secured area of the airport, so if you are not in the sterile area behind the security check point, then you legally can carry at an airport.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

IIRC, there were "no weapons" signs (no 30.xx) and they were checking all bags at the gate last year.
If I was carrying concealed with no bags I would not have any hesitation about entering.
It's an unsecured area of an airport just like picking up my wife at DFW.

Just my opinion, not legal advice.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

eyet

Post by eyet »

TreyHouston wrote:I worked the Ellinton air show this last weekend. Here is a hint, if its in an airport, same TSA rules apply. Look at a map and see if its on an airport!
I’m not sure you can make any assumptions based on Ellington. It seems to have an odd civil and military status.

aero10

Post by aero10 »

This is on their FAQ:
Q12. Which items are restricted?
Answer: Food, drinks, coolers of any kind, portable awnings/tents, alcoholic beverages, pets, bicycles, firearms, skate boards, scooters or in-line skates are not allowed on the grounds, including the parking areas. Please see the show tips page for more information.
I don't remember what type of signs were up last year. I don't believe there are any type of metal detectors though. TSA isn't a factor because the airport isn't a commercial passenger airport.

Topic author
TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

aero10 wrote:This is on their FAQ:
Q12. Which items are restricted?
Answer: Food, drinks, coolers of any kind, portable awnings/tents, alcoholic beverages, pets, bicycles, firearms, skate boards, scooters or in-line skates are not allowed on the grounds, including the parking areas. Please see the show tips page for more information.
I don't remember what type of signs were up last year. I don't believe there are any type of metal detectors though. TSA isn't a factor because the airport isn't a commercial passenger airport.
Interesting. So, if you go to the "entry restrictions" section of the site it lists out a number of items. This does not include firearms. If you go to the FAQ it says what you quoted. Hmmm

Topic author
TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

TreyHouston wrote:I worked the Ellinton air show this last weekend. Here is a hint, if its in an airport, same TSA rules apply. Look at a map and see if its on an airport!
That is not correct at all. I'm in airports fairly regularly and carried on planes. Private planes in non-secured areas of an airport are not prohibited. (Munis or private airports) I know a number of people that fly out of large (Love Field) airports and carry on their own planes.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Not a building, not a sterile area, owned by the City of Fort Worth, so legally they cannot post.

I went several years ago and there were 30.06 signs, but I can personally assure you that someone could carry a G17 all day out there and no one would say a word to you.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

They used to post 30.06 on their website, which is not enforceable. I guess they don't do that anymore? I've always carried out there. I believe last time I went there, it was a security checkpoint (manned by JROTC) where they look in your bags. No metal detectors, and it certainly does not meet anything close to the requirements of a secure area by TSA standards. Carry on.

aero10

Post by aero10 »

There were no signs up today. There was a generic no firearms entering the parking areas but nothing whatsoever at the entrance gate. There was a bag check at the entrance, but it's a complete joke, just volunteers (many looked to be high school maybe college aged) looking in the top once you open the bag. I didn't see any police, security, etc. anywhere near the entrances; they were all doing traffic control.

Topic author
TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

I was out there and carried away. I think the main point of the bag check was to ensure there were not drinks being brought in. Strict no cooler rule and making people pour out water before entry. There was alcohol for sale and that would have been illegal to allow people to bring their own.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’m headed out to the 2019 show this morning. I’ve looked all over the show's website and there’s no mention of forearms, knives, etc., so I’ll carry my EDC and call it good—unless anyone has updated information.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:16 am I’m headed out to the 2019 show this morning. I’ve looked all over the show's website and there’s no mention of forearms, knives, etc., so I’ll carry my EDC and call it good—unless anyone has updated information.
Have fun! If I wasn't stuck working in Austin today I'd be there too.

IIRC, last time I was at the show there was a HUGE sign about the rules, including no guns, but it was unmistakably not 30.06.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:00 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:16 am I’m headed out to the 2019 show this morning. I’ve looked all over the show's website and there’s no mention of forearms, knives, etc., so I’ll carry my EDC and call it good—unless anyone has updated information.
Have fun! If I wasn't stuck working in Austin today I'd be there too.

IIRC, last time I was at the show there was a HUGE sign about the rules, including no guns, but it was unmistakably not 30.06.
We had a good time. I saw no signs. I carried. My son carried. I’m sure others did too.

The Blue Angels were great, but the highlight for me was a quite long aerobatic display put on by a F-22 Raptor. That thing seems to defy physics, and it does things no fixed wing aircraft has any right to do.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”