What knife do you carry?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What knife do you carry?

Post by WTR »

CZp10 wrote:For those that own Benchmade, are they worth it? I have been thinking of getting one, but haven't pulled the trigger yet, so to speak.
I have carried both Benchmade and Spyderco. I don't understand the price difference to go to Benchmade. The CS has been excellent with both companies.

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strogg »

CZp10 wrote:For those that own Benchmade, are they worth it? I have been thinking of getting one, but haven't pulled the trigger yet, so to speak.
I personally think so. The build quality on those things are amazing. I've had a lot of knives, but only Benchmade so far has given me the confidence of a solid knife that I won't be afraid of breaking. And I agree with the customer service. I actually went to the HQ in Oregon once while I was in the area. They literally have a team of people who spend their time just re-edging and sharpening knives there.

Topic author
GreenMan0352
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GreenMan0352 »

I would recomend going to a authorized dealer and handling one in person first. For me they are worth every penny. If your active duty military or a first responder or a veteran you get a 30% discount when ordering from Benchmade. I like them a lot and they use really high quality materials/steel. I have used Spyderco amd don't get me wrong for the price point they are great but they get a lot of their stuff from Taiwan and the Benchmade also felt nicer in my hand. The perfect amount of weight and texture.

Here is what made me decide on Benchmade
1. Lifetime warranty
2. Lifetime sharpening warranty
3. Reputation
4. Made 100% in the USA(some older ones weren't but now they are all US made)

P.S. if you buy make sure they are authorized dealers there are way too many counterfeits out there.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

george wrote: If you carry a Glock as a carry gun, I would say no.
I would say yes. Glock and Benchmade are both mid-range tools. Both are mass produced, utilitarian and have polymer handles.

P.S. 154CM is the type of steel, not a model number.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

CZp10
Banned

Post by CZp10 »

Thanks to everyone, you all provided very good and usefully information for me. I appreciate your help.
Now the only problem is deciding which one I want, so many good ones to choose from.
Knives aren’t like guns or M&M, right? I can stop after just one? :lol:

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

GreenMan0352 wrote:,,,

I would recomend going to a authorized dealer and handling one in person first. For me they are worth every penny. If your active duty military or a first responder or a veteran you get a 30% discount when ordering from Benchmade.
:iagree:

You can also buy form Optics Planet, get the same discount, and they have great sales from time to time.

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Lately I'm carrying a Morakniv Companion in zombie green.

It's a good size for general use, comfortable in my hand, and light on my belt. The color amuses me but they make it in other colors including basic black for the subtle and "military green" for the tactical.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Edward Cullen

Post by Edward Cullen »

Benchmade Infidel is a cool knife. I like it
Last edited by Edward Cullen on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

ntexaschl

Post by ntexaschl »

Benchmade AFO II.
Last edited by ntexaschl on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigity

Post by bigity »

SOG Flash II with the safety lock removed (prevents blade from opening when engaged - which happens sometimes in your pocket).
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

SOG Escape, with seatbelt cutter and glass breaker.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Cold Steel Recon-1
Tanto, half serrated blade

I have another small 2-2.5" folder, Kershaw Shuffle. I carry this one most often and when I have my Glock. When I carry the Recon, I usually put it in my right front pocket and that gets in the way of my holster, so I don't carry the recon when I have the Glock with me. When I don't have the Glock I have two knives on me.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

george wrote:
If you carry a Glock as a carry gun, I would say no.

If your carry gun is a Wilson/Brown 1911, then definitely yes.
I carry Glocks, and I carry Benchmade. Yes, it is worth it, regardless of your pistol/caliber choice. The 940 series are just great folders, and the 940-2 like the one I have is simply the perfect EDC knife.......in my opinion.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”