Need help finding a holster

Holsters and firearms-related gear and accessories, reloading equipment & supplies, ammo

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SkipB
Posts in topic: 5

Need help finding a holster

Post by SkipB »

My wife just bought me a new M&P9 M2.0 Shield 3.1" barrel and with the built in laser site. I've been searching for a holster but haven't found one that fits yet. Anyone have any ideas as to where to look.
Last edited by SkipB on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skip Bishop

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need help finding a holster

Post by oljames3 »

SkipB wrote:My wife just bought me a new M&P9 M2.0 with the built in laser site. I've been searching for a holster but haven't found one that fits yet. Anyone have any ideas as to where to look.
Check Safariland.com. You don't say what your barrel length is. For the 5inch, the S&W 9L is very close to the shape of the Mod 2.0 5inch.

I use the ALS to carry my S&W M&P Mod 2.0 9mm 5inch openly. I don't know about the laser.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

SkipB wrote:My wife just bought me a new M&P9 M2.0 with the built in laser site. I've been searching for a holster but haven't found one that fits yet. Anyone have any ideas as to where to look.
I use Comp-Tac for Kydex and D. M. Bullard for leather holsters.
The Comp-Tac holsters are reliable and fit well.
D. M. Bullard is in Azle, TX and on his website you can find anything you need for any carry position or style. They have belts as well. I have several of their leather holsters and my all time favorite is the belt slide model. All their products are of high quality but take a bit of a break in period before the fit perfect. Should you not find a holster for your gun you can call them and they'll find a solution for you.

http://www.comp-tac.com/

http://store.dmbullardleather.com/

PS.: I am not related or afilliated with either one of the sources I mentioned, just personal, positive experience.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Zombified

Post by Zombified »

Try https://www.facebook.com/Storm-Holsters ... 742185386/. They sell several models that are designed to hold a light or laser.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

bmwrdr wrote:
I use Comp-Tac for Kydex and D. M. Bullard for leather holsters.
The Comp-Tac holsters are reliable and fit well.
D. M. Bullard is in Azle, TX and on his website you can find anything you need for any carry position or style. They have belts as well. I have several of their leather holsters and my all time favorite is the belt slide model. All their products are of high quality but take a bit of a break in period before the fit perfect. Should you not find a holster for your gun you can call them and they'll find a solution for you.

http://www.comp-tac.com/

http://store.dmbullardleather.com/

PS.: I am not related or afilliated with either one of the sources I mentioned, just personal, positive experience.
I just bought a cowboy wallet and a knife sheath from Bullard. Great craftsmanship.

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

Thanks Bill I'll check them out.
Skip Bishop

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

Thanks for the replies guy's I'll check all the info given out. With the laser and 3.1" barrel it may be a little while for the holster makers to get theirs on the market.
Skip Bishop

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Just a quick Google search shows that Crimson Trace has a page showing "some" compatible holsters.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/products/t ... cturer=167

My go to holster manufacturer has been Bravo Concealment but I do not see that they offer a holster for the laser. The past year or so there offerings have been lacking and they no longer offer holsters for some of the guns I originally bought from them :(

Also you didn't mention your preference for IWB or OWB or material. But from the looks of things, it's slim pickings anyway.

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

Thanks Jose I found two. DM Bullard and Alien Gear.
Skip Bishop

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

SkipB wrote:My wife just bought me a new M&P9 M2.0 Shield 3.1" barrel and with the built in laser site. I've been searching for a holster but haven't found one that fits yet. Anyone have any ideas as to where to look.
On Your 6 Designs.
Very light weight IWB.
Made in San Antonio.
Easy on and off your belt, had mine for years now, carry my Sheild in nothing else.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

jason812

Post by jason812 »

You might give Alameda Holsters a call, if kydex is ok with you. I don't have any of their holsters as I prefer leather but he is in our neighborhood. I believe he will do custom work.

http://alamedacustomholsters.com/main.sc
(254) 722-9326
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

I'll look at those.
Skip Bishop

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Check with Vedder.