Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by bigtek »

I hope they're serious about cutting off handouts to the countries who vote against us. It's long overdue.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149

Post by philbo »

philip964 wrote:Does any one know besides Israel, who voted with us. It would be nice to know who our 7 other friends are.
The nine countries that voted against the resolution were: the United States, Israel, Guatemala, Honduras, the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau and Togo.

The 35 nations that abstained were: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Benin, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cameroon, Canada, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Fiji, Haiti, Hungary, Jamaica, Kiribati, Latvia, Lesotho, Malawi, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Rwanda, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu.

128 voted in favour

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-42450062

apostate
Posts in topic: 17

Post by apostate »

President Trump has delivered on a number of promises for his base. But there was an impressive amount of breakage along the way. You might say he President Trump did as much demolition as he did construction.
The Demolition President

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Frontpage Magazine's Man of the Year: President Trump
“Are you better off than you were last year?”
December 29, 2017 Daniel Greenfield

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/268864 ... greenfield
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

"U.S. President Donald Trump took credit on Tuesday for a record year of safety for commercial aviation in 2017"

wait,,, what? Really? :???:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-avia ... SKBN1ER1VP

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

philbo wrote:"U.S. President Donald Trump took credit on Tuesday for a record year of safety for commercial aviation in 2017"

Seriously? The election established that the media has no journalistic standards or ethics any more and are merely the PR arm of the DNC. All pretense at objectivity or credibility has been long lost. I wake up every day happy that Donald Trump is Barack Hussein Obama's President.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
philbo wrote:"U.S. President Donald Trump took credit on Tuesday for a record year of safety for commercial aviation in 2017"

Seriously? The election established that the media has no journalistic standards or ethics any more and are merely the PR arm of the DNC. All pretense at objectivity or credibility has been long lost. I wake up every day happy that Donald Trump is Barack Hussein Obama's President.
But the press didn't make this attention grabbing tweet up, Trump actually tweeted this. Are you suggesting that he didn't tweet this? Or that he and his policies are actually responsible for this achievement? Or that such absurd claims are acceptable? Really? :???:

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
philbo wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

But the press didn't make this attention grabbing tweet up, Trump actually tweeted this. Are you suggesting that he didn't tweet this? Or that he and his policies are actually responsible for this achievement? Or that such absurd claims are acceptable? Really? :???:
Not suggesting anything. I am stating quite clearly that you exhibit a severe and advanced case of "Trump Derangement Syndrome" and I hope that you seek treatment.
So Trump tweets an indefensible claim and you clearly support and believe this to be true to the point you make personal attacks to defend his behavior.... I think I finally understand what the little boy who pointed out that the emperor had no clothes felt like.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

philbo wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

Trump loves living in the heads of his detractors. That's why he does these little things. A million and one people's heads will explode and Trump has moved on to something else.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 35

Post by 2farnorth »

“Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!” Trump tweeted on Tuesday.

What part of that tweet is untrue? Read it literally, not with left wing inference. Yes it may be a little presumptive by some standards, but it is not untrue.
N5PNZ

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

I like President Trump's tweets.

They're often hilarious and so true as to drive his detractors over the edge - Hurrah for President Trump, the guy who gets thing done.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

bblhd672 wrote:
philbo wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

Trump loves living in the heads of his detractors. That's why he does these little things. A million and one people's heads will explode and Trump has moved on to something else.
Is Trump not ultimately responsible for the safety of commercial aviation? After all, the heads of the FAA and the TSA both ultimately report to him, do they not? Sure, he didn't do it all by himself, but it happened under his watch. The fact that it was posted here (and in the news article) as Trump "taking credit" says a lot. Why wouldn't they simply say that we had a record year for commercial airline safety and leave it at that, instead of trying to focus on our President's words.

Actions matter people, words not so much. Unless you are a snowflake who only cares about not offending anyone.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

2farnorth wrote:“Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!” Trump tweeted on Tuesday.

What part of that tweet is untrue? Read it literally, not with left wing inference. Yes it may be a little presumptive by some standards, but it is not untrue.
He could have also tweeted that not a single TWA plane has crashed from bad wiring during his first year in office.

That would also be true. President's do have consequences, unlike Clinton we have not had an airliner shot down by terrorists leaving NYC.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 14

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Correlation is not causation. Why do we lose the ability to apply that logic the minute the topic is no longer firearms? Why do liberals lose it with respect to pretty much everything?

I had a science teacher in high school who would at random times VERY loudly clap his hands together 3 times, then do nothing. One of the cheerleaders worked up the courage to ask him 'why did you clap your hands?', to which he replied 'it keeps the elephants away'. Predictably, one of the jocks said 'there are no elephants here'. And the teacher responded 'exactly'. This behaviour repeated for the whole year I was in his class.

Trump's tweets always remind me of Boss Hogg in the Dukes of Hazzard movie explaining "sleight of hand". And makes me wonder what he (Trump) was doing/working on while everyone was losing their mind over this tweet.

Oh, and TWA has been out of business for fifteen+ years.......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

That President Trump annoys because he doesn't act like a cookie cutter politician is something the vast majority of Americans want - and why he was elected.

Politicians as a group are (at least at this point) useless, fearful to do their jobs, who as a group should be de-elected (my wish) and sent back to be the burger flippers they were originally destined to be or some kind of lacky-dom. Yes ma'm, if this shoe doesn't fit, we'll find one that does....triple eee and big enough for bigfoot, we've got it. Please wait, I'll find it...

Pols are awful people. I remember they existed in college and they were laughed at. Their need to be recognized was great though few liked them. Yeah, a few are now statesman, darn few, most like she-jack are self thought of as aristocracy by themselves, but are lower that whale excrement.

They aren't misunderstood. They're incompetent boobs, who should never have been where they were placed.

Our government is is filled to capacity with incompetent frauds like them and it kills them when President Trump exposes them.

Return to “Off-Topic”