Can you carry with permission past a 3006

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Can you carry with permission past a 3006

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and they have 2 gun buster signs on the front door. I asked one the owners what their gun policy is, he told me I can carry at the office. Today we entered though the general employee entrance and it’s clearly 3006 posted. He said don’t worry about it.

Can a legally posted business give certain individuals permission?
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Keith B

Re: Can you carry with permission past a 3006

Post by Keith B »

Yes
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

I was surprised that that is exactly what happened where I work after the 30.06 and 30.07 signs went up. Apparently a few LTC folks were asked or at least offered to carry at work.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Almost makes me wonder if the people making the decision to post the sign realize that the signs only apply to statistically, the most law abiding segment of the population.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I would still want that permission to be in writing with a signature or someone with the authority to give that permission.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

C-dub wrote:I would still want that permission to be in writing with a signature or someone with the authority to give that permission.
Definitely this.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

RoyGBiv wrote:
C-dub wrote:I would still want that permission to be in writing with a signature or someone with the authority to give that permission.
Definitely this.
Yep, this outfit definitely has some sort of double, and possibly elitist, standard.

allisji

Post by allisji »

Richbirdhunter wrote:Today we entered though the general employee entrance and it’s clearly 3006 posted.
solution: Open Carry :biggrinjester:
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

cmgee67 wrote:Open carry like Jerry???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JGslzXxDhEU
:thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

flechero

Post by flechero »

Totally off topic but it was somehow a bit of a relief to see Jerry's shot placement with the pocket gun 6-8 inches off (left of center and he's a righty) from where his full size gun went... It illustrates that you can't ever practice too much with a little 3" bbl. And highlights the movement you get with a long, heavy DA trigger.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

:iagree:

I work behind 30.06/30.07 signs and carry everyday. BUT, I have written authorization to protect me in case the boss who said it was okay gets hit by a bus.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Lynyrd wrote:
:iagree:

I work behind 30.06/30.07 signs and carry everyday. BUT, I have written authorization to protect me in case the boss who said it was okay gets hit by a bus.
That is great. I hadn't thought about the person that gave the permission not being there any longer. I was thinking that they may have forgotten or changed their mind. After something happens a lot of people suddenly can't recall authorizing things like that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Sec. 30.06. TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:

(1) carries a concealed handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, on property of another without effective consent; and

(2) received notice...
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”