Free tip about the Flu

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Free tip about the Flu

Post by Pariah3j »

Saw an interesting short documentary/interview with a Doctor that is 100% against flu vaccines - wish I could remember what it was called/find it, I would link it. She is currently doing research to prove that not only is not as effective as suggested (the supposed 15-25%) but may actually make Flu season worst. Some of her early preliminary research from what I understand actually backs her claims up.

I'm a computer guy, so biology/chemistry/medicine not in my wheelhouse so I can't explain the science behind it but if I remember correctly, her theory was more or less, by priming ourselves with specific flu vaccines, we hurt our immune system because its only looking for those strains so to speak, its slower to fight the mutation/other variations unless its drastically different/mutated enough. So unless they guess right and put out the strain that hits that year(and their record is alot like Texas weathermen), then it actually hurts.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WTR »

Pariah3j wrote:Saw an interesting short documentary/interview with a Doctor that is 100% against flu vaccines - wish I could remember what it was called/find it, I would link it. She is currently doing research to prove that not only is not as effective as suggested (the supposed 15-25%) but may actually make Flu season worst. Some of her early preliminary research from what I understand actually backs her claims up.

I'm a computer guy, so biology/chemistry/medicine not in my wheelhouse so I can't explain the science behind it but if I remember correctly, her theory was more or less, by priming ourselves with specific flu vaccines, we hurt our immune system because its only looking for those strains so to speak, its slower to fight the mutation/other variations unless its drastically different/mutated enough. So unless they guess right and put out the strain that hits that year(and their record is alot like Texas weathermen), then it actually hurts.

i had not had a flu vaccination for by 50 years previous to my stroke. My Doctors recommended receiving one due to my compromised immune system. For 11 years I have not been sick one day. I had a flu vac. about 3 months ago. Unfortunately, I came down with the flu. However, I was only sick for about 5 days. My wife on the other hand has been down for 3 weeks with the flu that she most likely received from me. We are at the point of braving urgent care if she does not improve soon.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Our, now retired, PCP told us that most folk get their flu shot too early. He said that the shot's mojo will have worn by time flu season gets here; ego, we don't get our shots until around Thanksgiving.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

My dear wife got the flu and had the flu shot in October. She had to to the hospital because it stirred up her astma. She was down more than ten days.

God blessed me and I did not catch it. I just knew being in the same hkuse I would get it because I catch a cold talking to some with a cold on the phone. :???:

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I heard on the news last night that the flu shot they are giving this year is only 30 percent effective. I got my shot three months ago and got sick within a week and still feeling some of the effects from it.

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 2

Post by imkopaka »

The only flu shots I've taken in my life were the ones that were forced on me in the Marines. 4 shots in nearly 30 years, and last year was the first time I've caught the flu. I don't ever intend to get a flu shot again.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

rotor
Posts in topic: 7

Post by rotor »

1911 Raptor wrote:The flu vaccine will not prevent you from getting the flu but it is my understanding that it will curtail the flu and make it a lot shorter and bearable if you do catch it.
Fact- not true. If flu vaccine covers what's going around and your immune system is normal it will prevent the flu. If the vaccine only covers some of the antigens on the current strains going around it may decrease the severity.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Pariah3j wrote:Saw an interesting short documentary/interview with a Doctor that is 100% against flu vaccines - wish I could remember what it was called/find it, I would link it. She is currently doing research to prove that not only is not as effective as suggested (the supposed 15-25%) but may actually make Flu season worst. Some of her early preliminary research from what I understand actually backs her claims up.

This doesn't even sound logical. If your body can adapt to what's in the vaccine ( 3-4 strains) than it can adapt to a mutation. That doctor you saw in a documentary might have also been talking about restricting guns. Would you believe her?

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

In the last 25 years, three times I got the shot I got the flu, down at least a week each time, (I should have known better because they required me to give up my Man Card to get the shot). This year was different, the 9th of Jan I got very sick, 102 temp and achy. (not the heart but the body) went to Doc on Thurs. the 10th already feeling better but tested positive for flu. Only bad day was Wed. the 9th. I now am positive my Man Card is better than the flu shot.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Oldgringo wrote:Our, now retired, PCP told us that most folk get their flu shot too early. He said that the shot's mojo will have worn by time flu season gets here; ego, we don't get our shots until around Thanksgiving.
Lots of docs are wrong about this. CDC recommends vaccine as soon as it's available. Go with the CDC. Why would you believe that your immunity wears off so fast? Do you think that polio vaccine you got 40 years ago has worn off? Some vaccines have recommended boosters but a normal immune system doesn't loose the ability to fight an infection in just a few months. Has there ever been a case of tetanus in someone vaccinated as a youth except in deficient immune patients? Give your body some credit. It works amazingly well once the immune pump is primed.

rotor

Post by rotor »

imkopaka wrote:The only flu shots I've taken in my life were the ones that were forced on me in the Marines. 4 shots in nearly 30 years, and last year was the first time I've caught the flu. I don't ever intend to get a flu shot again.
Fact- when I was in the Air Force they made us get a double dose of the vaccine, one in each arm. I am a strong believer in the flu shot but just because one is good does not make 2 better. I was on my back for 48 hours after that double whammy. Military mentality is not always the best. I guess I got a super immune boost. Don't remember if I got the flu that year.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I can't get the flu shot, last time I got it I had a really bad reaction, almost sent me to the hospital. Dr said I can't get it again.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Eventually the human race will be just like the aliens in "War of the Worlds" - Toast! The majority inhabitants of this planet, the bacteria and viruses, will kill us all. They become more resistant everyday to antibiotics and vaccines, and there hasn't been a new antibiotic introduced in over 20 years.

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 2

Post by imkopaka »

Am I the only one who sees this conversation slowly drifting towards "the Earth is flat"?
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Return to “Off-Topic”