I want to keep my guns.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 4

Re: I want to keep my guns.

Post by LucasMcCain »

I will not agree with giving up any more ground to the antis. Name one concession they have given to us? When have they ever given us something in return? What gun right has ever been given back to us by the Democrats once it was taken away?

Bump stocks are stupid, and a waste of perfectly good ammo, but you know what? I don't want them banned. There is absolutely no legitimate reason for them to be banned. They've existed for years, and just now they need to be banned because some evil man used one for evil? I'm sick and tired of extreme outliers being used to justify taking something away from law abiding citizens.

You want the hard truth? You want to know what actually needs to be done? You ready for it?

NOTHING.

The system is working. Hundreds of thousands of defensive gun uses a year. Rising gun ownership and declining gun violence. The areas with the strictest gun laws experiencing the highest crime rates. It all shows that our ideas on how things should be done are correct. Dead school kids do not justify taking action against millions of people who abide by the law. I know that's harsh, but it's just the way it is. How many people would be dead right now had they not been able to defend themselves or their loved ones with a gun? You really want that alternative? There is no perfect system. There is no way to stop evil from doing violence against the innocent. You can only combat evil, and you need guns to do that.

People die every day from causes that could have been prevented with enough loss of liberty and excessive cost. It sucks, but the only appropriate reaction is to protect your loved ones as best you can and tell as many people about Jesus as you can, because none of us is guaranteed tomorrow.

The only action I could get behind is, again, one that is already being done in conservative areas. Allow school employees who are otherwise legal to do so carry while at work. If schools aren't gun free zones, they won't get shot up nearly as much, and the damage won't be as great.

Just remember, the "rising tide of gun violence" is a total lie. Gun violence is going down. School shootings are not on the rise. Opportunistic gun-grabbing Democrats are just using tragedy as a excuse to try to take our rights away by capitalizing on reactionary public feelings.

Sorry for the rant, but if I have to listen to one more liberal say I need to give up my ability to defend myself and my loved ones against evil just because evil exists in the world, I am going to scream.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

jason812
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jason812 »

:iagree: :thumbs2:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 6

Post by oljames3 »

:iagree: with LucasMcCain. :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

TheFriscoKid wrote:
My social media is a blaze with ban the AR15, end the second amendment, kick the GOP out in November.

The GOP needs to get a head of this with their own bill. Now.
I don't like being bull headed but with 50 years of shooting and politics - I really sense the tide is turning this time. The numbers don't add up for us. Sure there is more than 1 gun per American, I have 6. But the rate of gun ownership is going down.
Where are you getting your information from? I do not believe gun ownership is on the decline as a whole. Quite the opposite. We keep hearing about the number of background checks setting records highs all the time.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned
Posts in topic: 26

Post by TheFriscoKid »

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned

Post by TheFriscoKid »

Lucas - the problem is none of these are 'outliers' anymore. It's not just one more school shooting, it's all of it. The suicides, the mass shootings, the schools, the malls the c&w festivals.... all of them. It's the tide.

I am arguing for the idea that we need to find a way to keep what we have before we lose it all.

Nothing may be your response today and nothing may be your reward tomorrow.

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Chemist45 »

Oh, well. If the CBS news / NY times poll says that gun ownership is dropping. . .
It must be true.
<Sarcasm off>

Remember that these same people had Hillary winning the last election.

Thought experiment:
You are stopped on the street by a CBS Reporter. He asks if you have any guns in the home.
Do you tell the truth?
You get a call from CNN. They ask if you are a gun owner.
What do you say?
A government employee drops by your house to ask how many guns you have.
What do you reply?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 14

Post by bblhd672 »

TheFriscoKid wrote:Image

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

I thought maybe you had some source rather than fake news organizations. CBS poll published by Washington Post... "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

TheFriscoKid wrote:Image
They used this SAME CHART election night showing trumps polls!!! How many times do they make this stuff up? Remember, polls call land lines and in this case ask “you don’t know who I am but do you own any guns? If so, how many do you have. ETC”
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nic ... h_year.pdf

Again, the NICS check numbers do not seem to coincide with the chart you provided. June 2016 set a record for the most background checks done in the month of June for any year. 2016 itself had more NICS checks done than any other year in history. 2017 was down slightly from 2016, but only enough to put it at the 2nd highest year in history. Now to be fair, there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the data put out by the FBI.
These statistics represent the number of firearm background checks initiated through the NICS. They do not represent the number of firearms sold.
They're right. Just because a background check is initiated, does not mean a firearm was sold.
A person could change their mind.
A person could be denied by NICS.
Or like many of us on here, a person could have a LTC (or their state equivalent) which meets the guidelines that do not require a background check being done for every firearm purchase.

Either way, an increase in NICS checks tells me that more and more firearms are being purchased. Additionally, there are more people getting their carry licenses.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/22/de ... shows.html

The chart you posted does not coincide with the fact that more people are getting their carry licenses, and more NICS checks are being run. I believe our president might call it "Fake News".
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

HERE IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!

If you want to stop high schoolers feom dying. Raise the driving age to 25! In 2013, CARS KILLED 2,524 teens. Thats 2.5 Florida shooting PER WEEK! 55% even admit to not wearing seatbelts all the time, geez thats high!

2,524 teens die a year :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-acciden ... .html#2013
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned

Post by TheFriscoKid »

Thought experiment:
You are stopped on the street by a CBS Reporter. He asks if you have any guns in the home.
Do you tell the truth?
You get a call from CNN. They ask if you are a gun owner.
What do you say?
A government employee drops by your house to ask how many guns you have.
What do you reply?
Apparently super owners have no problem answering any of those questions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... /90858752/

We can argue over which way the deckchairs should face (rising household percentage or declining) but none of that is going to change the fact that the ship is sinking.

Is everyone here a 'cold dead hands' advocate ?

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned

Post by TheFriscoKid »

TreyHouston wrote:HERE IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!

If you want to stop high schoolers feom dying. Raise the driving age to 25! In 2013, CARS KILLED 2,524 teens. Thats 2.5 Florida shooting PER WEEK! 55% even admit to not wearing seatbelts all the time, geez thats high!

2,524 teens die a year :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-acciden ... .html#2013

Same stats with texting and driving - more killed each year since 9/11 than on 9/11. Where's that war?

But to take to an extreme - cigarettes, alcohol, fast food, junk food, sugar, white flour, and my Dr. says bacon but the hell if anyone is going to take bacon from my cold dead hands.

jason812
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jason812 »

TheFriscoKid wrote:
Yes
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned

Post by TheFriscoKid »

jason812 wrote:
TheFriscoKid wrote:
Yes
Jason, no wife or children ? No other passions or hobbies ? Travel? Anything ?

Really - honestly willing to have a shoot out where the certain result is your death? Regardless of how many you'd take with you ?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”