Vote

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Vote

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Just got home from the voting booth a few minutes ago. Barely made it before closing time. I didnt know the republican and dummocrat voting location were at different place. I first stopped at a dimmocrat location not knowing i was in enemy territory. When i turned to ask where the nearest republican place was i got a few dirty looks. But at last...all done now.

Pawpaw

Re: Vote

Post by Pawpaw »

Our local polling place for both parties is a local church. Every time I've voted, there are very few people at the Dimocrat table.

Today there were none. That lady looked so lonely I =almost= felt sorry for her.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jason812 »

Pawpaw wrote:Our local polling place for both parties is a local church. Every time I've voted, there are very few people at the Dimocrat table.

Today there were none. That lady looked so lonely I =almost= felt sorry for her.
This is how my polling place is too. When asked what ballot I want, I say I have a job so give me the republican one.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

We only have 1 table for both and 4 machines. I noticed multiple people try to use the machines as a touchscreen and get help from the ladies. I chuckled to myself...but when it was my turn that was my first instinct too :--) I don't remember trying that before!
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

jason812 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:Our local polling place for both parties is a local church. Every time I've voted, there are very few people at the Dimocrat table.

This is how my polling place is too. When asked what ballot I want, I say I have a job so give me the republican one.
I was wearing my USAF Retired cap, so I was prepared to look at her and reply, "You've got to be kidding", but my 18 year old grandson was in front of me and they could tell we were together.
RicoTX wrote:We only have 1 table for both and 4 machines. I noticed multiple people try to use the machines as a touchscreen and get help from the ladies. I chuckled to myself...but when it was my turn that was my first instinct too :--) I don't remember trying that before!
We only have one machine. I don't think I've ever waited for more than one person to finish before it was my turn. Since it was my grandson's first time voting, I let him watch me use the machine. When it was his turn, he had no problem. :cool:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I always work the election in my precinct. We have only 933 homes in our precinct, and we're majority Republican (Westchase section of Houston). We had a decent turnout, but the dems did as well across the room from us.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

67% reporting. Rough numbers 1.3 million Republican votes, 850k Democratic votes. Close to the same for Gov and US Senate

I haven’t dug down into US house races yet...

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I voted yesterday, normally I do the early voting. thing though. It was a pleasant experience. Republicans and Democrats voted in the same place, in fact we had a choice of several places to vote from. Nice and Easy. We voted from Moody Methodist. The people running the show were helpful and pleasant. Amazing how the Political Climate can change.

In 2006 Craig Eiland was our Democratic State Rep. The gutless Republicans refused to run anyone against him. The NRA gave him an A rating although his biggest contribution to 2nd amendment causes was to do nothing. I ran as a Libertarian to just give voters an option. The NRA wouldn't even recognize me. I had no money and no organization for support. I think I got 16% of the vote, but at least the voters had a choice.

This season We have a 2 term Republican Rep.Faircloth fighting it out with the even more conservative Mayes Middleton. Middleton won. This year it's the Democrats who refuse to challenge the Republicans. The Texas Legislature is looking promising this session. This area has swung dramatically in 10 years.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

We also voted, it would be nice if we could vote in the same place twice.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

interesting in that the news was reporting big upsurge in Democrat early voting, out-pacing Republican voting, but at the end it seems at least twice as many Rs showed up for most races. Let's hope it carries over to November.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

jmorris wrote:interesting in that the news was reporting big upsurge in Democrat early voting, out-pacing Republican voting, but at the end it seems at least twice as many Rs showed up for most races. Let's hope it carries over to November.
This is what I was seeing last night as well. And hopefully so!

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

https://apps.texastribune.org/elections ... n-results/

In my District 6 there will be runoffs in both parties to replace retiring sexter Joe Barton.

My vote went to retired Navy Commander Jake Ellzey.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

jmorris wrote:interesting in that the news was reporting big upsurge in Democrat early voting, out-pacing Republican voting, but at the end it seems at least twice as many Rs showed up for most races. Let's hope it carries over to November.
All day long, as Republicans came in our polling station to vote, we each ended the conversation with “Thanks for voting, and we’ll see you in November!”
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I'm hoping for a good flush of the "swamp" in November.
I saw about an even number of Dimmocrats as i saw in the Republican polling place where i voted.
The fake news media had me concerned about the number of Dummocrates that were showing up for early voting.

Return to “Off-Topic”