New Jersey takes it even lower

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

New Jersey takes it even lower

Post by Ruark »

New Jersey is notorious for suffocating gun laws, which include things like requiring permits to buy firearms. Now the Democrat-dominated Senate and a Democrat governor are expected to sign more restrictions into law. They include banning any ammunition that can penetrate body armor (there goes virtually all centerfire rifle ammo), background checks for private sales, 10 round magazine limits, and confirming a "justifiable need" for concealed carry.

And so the slow creep continues. Texas firearm owners should be vigilant; remember in the last election Clinton got 44% of the Texas vote. They're definitely camping outside the back door.

cite: http://fortune.com/2018/03/27/gun-contr ... ew-jersey/
-Ruark

ELB

Re: New Jersey takes it even lower

Post by ELB »

Teen Mob Randomly Beats Man to Death on NJ Street: Prosecutors

"Not the first time" teens have beaten someone on the street.

Gun control works!

But for who?
USAF 1982-2005

rotor

Post by rotor »

I see a new industry develop in selling ammo on the east coast (underground). Bound to be highly profitable.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Question..... didn’t McDonald do away with having to prove a need for carry?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Question..... didn’t McDonald do away with having to prove a need for carry?
If that were the case, wouldn't these "may issue" states (like California) become "shall issue"?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Flightmare wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Question..... didn’t McDonald do away with having to prove a need for carry?
If that were the case, wouldn't these "may issue" states (like California) become "shall issue"?
Since when do tyrants concern themselves about the law??
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

strogg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by strogg »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
They always do. They just do so in their deluded version of reality where facts don't matter and they rule by emotion.

deplorable

Post by deplorable »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
When you shoot them.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

deplorable wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
When you shoot them.
The only law tyrants should concern themselves with is in the Declaration of Independence.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organi.zing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Grundy1133 »

this is why im stock piling... buying up all the "high capacity" mags I can and stocking up on ammo.... if they want my guns they're gonna have a fight on their hands.
NRA Member

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Grundy1133 wrote:this is why im stock piling... buying up all the "high capacity" mags I can and stocking up on ammo.... if they want my guns they're gonna have a fight on their hands.
:iagree:

There are times when it is OK to let your ammo stock run low. Now is not one of those times.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Grundy1133 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:this is why im stock piling... buying up all the "high capacity" mags I can and stocking up on ammo.... if they want my guns they're gonna have a fight on their hands.
:iagree:

There are times when it is OK to let your ammo stock run low. Now is not one of those times.
my dad always had a huge stock pile. thats one thing he taught me. after he died my mom was going thru his things and found literally a combined total of upward of 20k rounds of 12 gauge, 7.62, 30-30,.22 LR, .22 short, 9mm, S&W .40, .357 magnum, .22 magnum, .38 special, and .410 rounds. everything from slugs to buk shot to bird shot to green tip to hollow point... he had enough ammo to supply a small armada. lol. according to some of the ammo, he had been stocking up since the 60s.
NRA Member

strogg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by strogg »

Nice. I'm not quite there yet. And of course, I'm stockpiling in the event ammo will become either scarce or prohibitively expensive. And extra magazines as spares because they are considered consumable items. That's my line to the anti-gunners, and I'm sticking with it.

abom2

Post by abom2 »

When planning for contingencies one might want to keep the "drones" in mind. More than just eyes and ears today. Besides all of the data mining. I do not own any tin foil.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Although I ardently support the 2nd Amendment and defend it here and on Facebook, and even though I have a LTC, I don’t have any guns or ammunition. It’s just way to scary a thing to have.

I did accidentally buy 2 ten round magazines for an fn ps90, they are for sale if some one wants them.

Then I will have nothing.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”