Most Awesome Cop Ever

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
kayt00
Posts in topic: 5

Most Awesome Cop Ever

Post by kayt00 »

Great experience getting pulled over for speeding today by Plano LEO. I'm not sure how fast I was going down Plano Parkway but saw the LEO make a U-Turn and flip the lights on. After pulling over I I stayed on my bike, left my helmet on and kept my hands on the handle bars until he came up behind me. He asked three questions "Can I see your license?", "When was your last ticket?", and "How do you feel about a warning, given that you promise to watch your speed?" My answers were as follows, "Absolutely", "Some time ago", and "That would be amazing."
Given that this was the first time being pulled over since having my LTC, and also the first time in a long while I did say to the officer "I do have my LTC but I am not carrying, do you need to see that as well?" His response, was "It is of my professional opinion that everybody in Texas is or should be carrying, so no I do not need to see your LTC but thank you for notifying me." We chatted a bit about holsters, motorcycles and whatnot and went along our ways. Just a all around excellent experience.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

montgomery
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Most Awesome Cop Ever

Post by montgomery »

kayt00 wrote:Great experience getting pulled over for speeding today by Plano LEO. I'm not sure how fast I was going down Plano Parkway but saw the LEO make a U-Turn and flip the lights on. After pulling over I I stayed on my bike, left my helmet on and kept my hands on the handle bars until he came up behind me. He asked three questions "Can I see your license?", "When was your last ticket?", and "How do you feel about a warning, given that you promise to watch your speed?" My answers were as follows, "Absolutely", "Some time ago", and "That would be amazing."
Given that this was the first time being pulled over since having my LTC, and also the first time in a long while I did say to the officer "I do have my LTC but I am not carrying, do you need to see that as well?" His response, was "It is of my professional opinion that everybody in Texas is or should be carrying, so no I do not need to see your LTC but thank you for notifying me." We chatted a bit about holsters, motorcycles and whatnot and went along our ways. Just a all around excellent experience.
Not carrying? I would have given you a speech about evil not taking days off and written you a big ticket.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

kayt00 posted in another thread about having his motorcycle as the primary mode of transportation, and not being able to secure it at work which prohibits carry.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

Unfortunately all I can carry to work is an empty holster. Employee handbook notice and all...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

kayt00 wrote:Unfortunately all I can carry to work is an empty holster. Employee handbook notice and all...
For what it's worth, I've been taking Plano's Citizen's Police Academy. Very informative and a whole lot of fun. I may have even met the officer you spoke with. I personally have had zero issues with the Plano PD. That's more than I can say for some other cities.

Topic author
kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

Flightmare wrote:
kayt00 wrote:Unfortunately all I can carry to work is an empty holster. Employee handbook notice and all...
For what it's worth, I've been taking Plano's Citizen's Police Academy. Very informative and a whole lot of fun. I may have even met the officer you spoke with. I personally have had zero issues with the Plano PD. That's more than I can say for some other cities.
That sounds like wicked fun, have any info on that Flightmare?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Tell it to the judge

"rlol"

Kidding. I forgot about that post ...

Stay safe.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Flightmare wrote:
If it is anything like what they do at MCSO, during force-on-force scenario day where you get to be the LEO, you will find out real quick that carrying empty chamber will kill you. Most citizen discover they can't open draw with one in the chamber fast enough and end up "dead".

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

kayt00 wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
That sounds like wicked fun, have any info on that Flightmare?
https://www.plano.gov/778/Citizens-Police-Academy

Drive day was a blast. Got to drive their Tahoes around a coned off course. It's the only time I can ever remember being told by a LEO to drive as fast as I can. This week I get to do their "shoot / don't-shoot" scenario. I believe it's going to be quite beneficial and educational for myself, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Topic author
kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

sbrawley wrote:If you can remember the officers name, you should send a compliment to the chief about your positive experience.
I thought about that but I was running a bit late for work and didn't think to ask.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

Flightmare wrote:
I'm attending my city's (Pasadena) CPA. As you have stated very informative and fun.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

Gonna have to look into the CPA stuff once I tie up some of my other obligations.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

kayt00 wrote:Gonna have to look into the CPA stuff once I tie up some of my other obligations.
Look soon. Your local PD may only hold one CPA a year. Here in central Texas, the CPA classes fill up months in advance.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”