Benbrook PD Called for Gun Tshirt in Park

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Benbrook PD Called for Gun Tshirt in Park

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Interblog wrote:I would be surprised if there was a person out there who couldn't claim a stereotyping story of some sort. I have very short salt-and-pepper hair which I cannot and will not dye (lap swimmer), and I don't wear make-up, do my nails, or wear heels. Occasionally I get addressed in a disrespectful way because the speaker assumes I am a lesbian when in fact I'm a married heterosexual woman. My husband wears his "garage" clothes to the hardware store and occasionally gets treated like PWT who maybe crawled in the door to steal something. It never ends.
Although my wife does wear understated makeup, she also keeps her hair short, and it is graying quite a bit; and she favors what used to be called “sporty” clothes back in the 1930s.......picture Amelia Earhart or someone like that. Although I am unaware of anyone being rude to her on that account, I know that she sometimes worries that people might think that of her. OTH, she has nothing to prove to anyone, and she doesn’t worry about it that much. It just comes up once in a while. I wouldn’t have her any other way, and I’ve personally never been attracted to foo-foo women, so it is a non-issue for us. But I do understand what you are saying, and when people have disrespected you that way, it’s just one more example of someone who lacks self control. And by the way, even if someone were a lesbian, it would make no difference to me in how I treated that person. When someone is an ass, I can always walk away if I want to - unless it really demands a response.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

LDB415
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LDB415 »

I'm very fortunate. My best half doesn't wear a speck of makeup and is very pretty in my eyes. Her hair is a few inches past her shoulders and not much grey yet. She takes excellent care of her skin and it looks many years younger than her actual age because of it. Nobody has ever insulted her to my knowledge. I'm not sure what I'd do if they did. The proper thing to do would be ignore them and leave. That might be a challenge competing with the want to do knock their head off.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I've had gay men make passes at me twice in my life. I was always flattered, even though I have no interest. My wife also gets interest from women on occasion. She is like me and is flattered, but uninterested. Neither of us have even been offended by this.

Now what exactly does this have to do with police responding to a guy in a park? Did I miss something about the officer asking the guy out for coffee?

BBYC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BBYC »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I've had gay men make passes at me twice in my life. I was always flattered, even though I have no interest. My wife also gets interest from women on occasion. She is like me and is flattered, but uninterested. Neither of us have even been offended by this.

Now what exactly does this have to do with police responding to a guy in a park? Did I miss something about the officer asking the guy out for coffee?
I think the point is the observer's interpretation of a t shirt is colored by their filters, just like somebody making an assumption about your sexuality is colored by their filters
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Grundy1133 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I've had gay men make passes at me twice in my life. I was always flattered, even though I have no interest. My wife also gets interest from women on occasion. She is like me and is flattered, but uninterested. Neither of us have even been offended by this.

:iagree:
NRA Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Soccerdad1995,

Your perspectives are de rigueur.

Frankly, I too have been flirted with by a few gays. I didn't feel flattered. I felt annoyed. I'm not on that team...so stay on your side of the fence and I'll do the same.

I don't harbor any animosity towards gays, but I do dislike militant....fill in the blanks. I DON'T have to be pro-homo or pro-fill in the blank. I can have my opinion and it that perspective angers you, whoever you may be...take an anger mgmt. course, and I'm generalizing, not aimed you at all.

All sorts of behavior once considered degenerate is now considered socially acceptable, but some of us still think it abhorrent.

I'm one of them.

I don't owe degenerates my respect.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Tex1961 wrote:
RPBrown wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
apostate wrote:. I noticed as we entered the auditorium that a lady was really staring at us but I just figured that she didn't know why 3 men not affiliated with the school were there. After the program as we were leaving she made it a point to come up us and say " I wouldn't let my child have one of those kits. I'd be afraid you devil worshipers had put poison or drugs on them". As much as I wanted to say something, I was a good boy and laughed it off.
It just goes to show that no matter what, you will run into people that will not agree with you views and won't even try.
Sometimes you just can't fix stupid
41 years a MM on September 29th. Raised in Pasadena #1155, Pasadena, Tx. Now a Life member of my father's home lodge in Oklahoma.
While I try to be a gentle person with others, I don't handle STUPID well at all.
I would not have laughed off being called a devil worshiper. I would have calmly explained how much of an idiot she was and walked away.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”