Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

swilkes
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

Post by swilkes »

I only own a few yeti cups. Only reason we have those is kids got them for us for Christmas.

If your looking for a cooler or tumblers try looking at bison coolers. Texas based company and have had mine for about y-7 years in the back of the work truck and still holding ice 3-5 days

flowrie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flowrie »

Just sent an email to Yeti, advising I will no longer purchase any of their products. Included the reason why.
Just go to www.yeti.com and go to “Contact” and send them an email.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I’ve been a yeti owner since the beginning. The fact is they work. The other fact is so does ozark trail from Walmart. The fit an finish in a lot of yeti products is better than some other brands but I just don’t think that in today’s market yeti is worth the price. I use a Magellan 25 from academy that my wife got me for Christmas. It’s a rotomolded cooler like yeti and works just the same and was 1/2 the price of the same size cooler that yeti makes. I’ve also got an ozark trail soft side 20 can cooler that rivals the yeti soft side that cost 200$. Mine cost me 24$ on sale. It’s leak proof and very nicely made. I think like most things you pay for the name. We all know this happens especially in the gun world.

dlh

Post by dlh »

I guess I am old school—Igloo and Coleman have always worked for me.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Interblog

Post by Interblog »

I encourage people to consider Cabela's name-branded coolers (I am not personally affiliated with the brand or store). I own a Yeti 45 only because it was first on the market in its class (they really do work and can keep ice for a week as advertised - I haul frozen food cross-continent in mine). If it weren't an issue of the substantial price I've already paid, I would give up the Yeti in favor of the Cabela's model in a heartbeat for one simple reason - the Cabela's coolers have integrated handles. You can run heavy chains through the handles and lock them down, greatly reducing the odds of theft (to cut the handles would be to destroy the fence value of the cooler, so no thief would do it). Given the high theft potential of high-end coolers generally, that would be the deal-maker for me if I were buying one today. Few (if any) other coolers offer that option. The RTICs do not. And the Yeti's "security" mechanisms are easily defeated.

Plus, Cabela's is where I've bought two of my three handguns and most of my peripherals to date, so buying from them would be win-win in supporting a friendly retailer.

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

Another corporation males a short-sighted, knee-jerk mistake and I hope they pay dearly.

I'm grateful that my 2 cups are Bubba and that I bank with Wells Fargo.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

Unless Yeti plans to sell special cups for Tide Pods, the Hogg fans aren't likely to be customers.

They're getting slammed on their Facebook page, and I was happy to do my part.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

flechero
Posts in topic: 8

Post by flechero »

my note to them...
As a long time customer and owner of over a dozen yeti products, I was stunned to learn of the decision to cut ties with the NRA. Not only will I not purchase any more yeti products, I will to go out of my way to steer friends and family to the other brands that have closed the gap in recent years. Any yeti product I must use before it is replaced, will have a competitors decal placed over the yeti name.

I'm a Texan, fisherman, hunter, camper, comp BBQ cook... and no longer a customer. Although NRA members may not be your biggest market anymore (as you've gotten hip&trendy) remember who brought you to the dance. You have truly bitten the hand that feeds you.

I realize Austin has become the Berkeley of Texas, but I don't see a great market for your coolers to keep weed and granola at temp.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

Grundy1133 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:over priced cups. you can go to wal mart and get one for about $9. seen side by side tests on youtube. the $9 cup and the $60 cup keep ice cold about the same. guy placed 10 ice cubes in each cup and left them overnight. the results in each cup were pretty much the same. couldnt really tell a difference. Yeti is the iphone and macbooks of the cup industry... over priced and dont do anything better than other brands but people are mindless sheep and buy it becuase of the brand name lol
Bad comparison.

Mac computers are hands down better than Windows machines. I bought my Mac in 2012 and it still works perfectly. If I still used windows machines I would have had to purchase 2 or 3 in the same time frame and gone through multiple releases of pitiful Microsoft software.

I am not a mindless sheep and all we own now are Apple products. Mrs anygunanywhere uses an iPad and is very happy. Careful with the labels.
personal preference. I won't get in a debate of which is better. I prefer compatibility over exclusivity. And I build my own computers. apple wont let you do that or replace or upgrade components. macs for me are no good for what i want them for which is why i prefer PC.. now as far as windows vs mac i think both windows and macOS are both garbage personally. i use linux. ubuntu kali and raspian mainly... like with mac vs PC what i need my computers for, mac OS and windows don't allow me to do. That said, in the most recent update Windows now has a BASH shell included so you can compile and test projects without having to switch back and forth between computers. and as for the sheep comment, ive seen countless videos (jimmy kimmel did a few) where they tell people that they have a brand new iphone X (about a week before it comes out) and he asks people what they like about it. and they say "oh man this is a huge improvement etc etc id buy it in a heartbeat etc etc... when in actuality what they;re holding is a 1st gen Iphone... yet they like the fact that the screen is smaller and they say the high definition screen is amazing (even tho the 1st gen iphone didnt have high def screens). I'm sure if they did that with android there'd be a few people who were uneducated enough that would do the same thing but when i worked for ATT when i asked people why they like their iphone their response was "well, its an iphone!" when i asked android users what THEY liked they said everything from free apps/music to open source to customization options. whereas all the iphone users could say was i like it cause its an iphone... I could go on and on in depth about the pros and cons of each company apple has good aspects as does windows as far as operating systems but when it coms to hardware, macs vs PCs PCs will always win for me hands down due to the fact that if somethingbreaks or i need to upgrade parts i dont have to go to an apple store and have a "certified apple tech" mess with it... lol. (that and i dont like spending $1500 for a rig with specs that i could build in a PC for less than $800)
Well, okay then. I didn't read your whole post. No offense intended, but punctuation and sentence structure actually have a purpose in writing.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grundy1133 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:over priced cups. you can go to wal mart and get one for about $9. seen side by side tests on youtube. the $9 cup and the $60 cup keep ice cold about the same. guy placed 10 ice cubes in each cup and left them overnight. the results in each cup were pretty much the same. couldnt really tell a difference. Yeti is the iphone and macbooks of the cup industry... over priced and dont do anything better than other brands but people are mindless sheep and buy it becuase of the brand name lol
Bad comparison.

Mac computers are hands down better than Windows machines. I bought my Mac in 2012 and it still works perfectly. If I still used windows machines I would have had to purchase 2 or 3 in the same time frame and gone through multiple releases of pitiful Microsoft software.

I am not a mindless sheep and all we own now are Apple products. Mrs anygunanywhere uses an iPad and is very happy. Careful with the labels.
personal preference. I won't get in a debate of which is better. I prefer compatibility over exclusivity. And I build my own computers. apple wont let you do that or replace or upgrade components. macs for me are no good for what i want them for which is why i prefer PC.. now as far as windows vs mac i think both windows and macOS are both garbage personally. i use linux. ubuntu kali and raspian mainly... like with mac vs PC what i need my computers for, mac OS and windows don't allow me to do. That said, in the most recent update Windows now has a BASH shell included so you can compile and test projects without having to switch back and forth between computers. and as for the sheep comment, ive seen countless videos (jimmy kimmel did a few) where they tell people that they have a brand new iphone X (about a week before it comes out) and he asks people what they like about it. and they say "oh man this is a huge improvement etc etc id buy it in a heartbeat etc etc... when in actuality what they;re holding is a 1st gen Iphone... yet they like the fact that the screen is smaller and they say the high definition screen is amazing (even tho the 1st gen iphone didnt have high def screens). I'm sure if they did that with android there'd be a few people who were uneducated enough that would do the same thing but when i worked for ATT when i asked people why they like their iphone their response was "well, its an iphone!" when i asked android users what THEY liked they said everything from free apps/music to open source to customization options. whereas all the iphone users could say was i like it cause its an iphone... I could go on and on in depth about the pros and cons of each company apple has good aspects as does windows as far as operating systems but when it coms to hardware, macs vs PCs PCs will always win for me hands down due to the fact that if somethingbreaks or i need to upgrade parts i dont have to go to an apple store and have a "certified apple tech" mess with it... lol. (that and i dont like spending $1500 for a rig with specs that i could build in a PC for less than $800)
Well, okay then. I didn't read your whole post. No offense intended, but punctuation and sentence structure actually have a purpose in writing.
no offense taken. when i write letters (professional emails and what not) i use proper grammar. just chattin on a forum or on social media or something im a little less prone to wrote grammatically correct. but i can do it! just lazy.
NRA Member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

Grundy1133 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
Bad comparison.

no offense taken. when i write letters (professional emails and what not) i use proper grammar. just chattin on a forum or on social media or something im a little less prone to wrote grammatically correct. but i can do it! just lazy.
I picked up on that.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

bigtek wrote:
Abraham wrote:Yeti = Noti-for me
How many of their coolers have you bought before today?
I've had a couple.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

I have to confess that I am mystified.
Just what does Yeti think they are going to gain from this?
Are David Hogg's teenage twitter followers all going to go buy Yeti products now?
Yeti's flagship product is designed to keep a 12 pack of beer cold for a week.
Do they think Biff and Buffy need this on the yacht?
So they won't sell to me anymore? (I am the NRA!)
That's OK. RTIC makes the same products under a different name.

Its just like Dick's sporting goods.
Do they think the bicoastal liberals are going to start shopping there for tennis and golf items as a result?
Nope, they will continue to shop at exclusive high dollar stores.
It is amazing to me when companies like this continually misjudge their customer base.
I don't get it, but I will shop at Academy, Cabellas, Bass Pro and other stores that support me.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grundy1133 »

Chemist45 wrote:I have to confess that I am mystified.
Just what does Yeti think they are going to gain from this?
Are David Hogg's teenage twitter followers all going to go buy Yeti products now?
Yeti's flagship product is designed to keep a 12 pack of beer cold for a week.
Do they think Biff and Buffy need this on the yacht?
So they won't sell to me anymore? (I am the NRA!)
That's OK. RTIC makes the same products under a different name.

Its just like Dick's sporting goods.
Do they think the bicoastal liberals are going to start shopping there for tennis and golf items as a result?
Nope, they will continue to shop at exclusive high dollar stores.
It is amazing to me when companies like this continually misjudge their customer base.
I don't get it, but I will shop at Academy, Cabellas, Bass Pro and other stores that support me.
when i see yeti cups and coolers in literally EVERY store that sells ammo, it amkes me wonder how long it'll take for the yetis to slowly disappear form their shelves... i hope yeti goes under. i bought 2 ozark trails mugs from wal mart for $9 each and they work just as good as a yeti... paying $60 for a hot/cold mug has always boggled my mind... if people have that much money send some my way so i can buy ramen and vienna sausages so i can afford to eat this month lol
NRA Member

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

I got a cabelas 80 qt for $200 in the bargain cave because they had used it in a party for the employees. You can't beat that.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”