LTC Oliver North to become NRA President

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jstaylor62
Posts in topic: 1

LTC Oliver North to become NRA President

Post by jstaylor62 »

https://home.nra.org/lt-colonel-oliver- ... president/

(DALLAS, TX) – Lt. Colonel Oliver North, USMC (Ret.) will become President of the National Rifle Association of America within a few weeks, a process the NRA Board of Directors initiated this morning.

“This is the most exciting news for our members since Charlton Heston became President of our Association,” said NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre. “Oliver North is a legendary warrior for American freedom, a gifted communicator and skilled leader. In these times, I can think of no one better suited to serve as our President.”

North said he was eager to take on this new role as soon as his business affairs were put in order. North is retiring from Fox News, effective immediately. “I am honored to have been selected by the NRA Board to soon serve as this great organization’s President,” North said. “I appreciate the board initiating a process that affords me a few weeks to set my affairs in order, and I am eager to hit the ground running as the new NRA President.”

The NRA Board acted quickly to begin the process for North to become President, after former NRA President Pete Brownell announced this morning that, in order to devote his full time and energy to his family business, he had decided not to seek election to a second term. In his letter to the Board, Brownell wholeheartedly endorsed North for President.

“Discussing this with Wayne LaPierre,” Brownell said in the letter, “he suggested we reach out to a warrior amongst our board members, Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North, to succeed me. Wayne and I feel that in these extraordinary times, a leader with his history as a communicator and resolute defender of the Second Amendment is precisely what the NRA needs. After consulting with NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris Cox, First Vice President Childress and Second Vice President Meadows, I can report there is extraordinary support for Col. North.”

“Pete has served the NRA with great courage and distinction,” LaPierre said. “I am grateful that he joined me in enthusiastically recommending Oliver North to the Board of Directors.”

After the announcement, NRA First Vice President Richard Childress informed the board that he had multiple commitments in the next several weeks and was unable to be immediately available to serve as interim President. The Board then selected Second Vice President Carolyn Meadows to serve as its interim President. Meadows will step aside in a few weeks, when Lieutenant North is prepared to take on his new role as NRA President.

LaPierre congratulated the NRA Board for its action. “The board acted quickly and with great vision,” LaPierre said. “Oliver North is, hands down, the absolute best choice to lead our NRA Board, to fully engage with our members, and to unflinchingly stand and fight for the great freedoms he has defended his entire life.”

“Oliver North is a true hero and warrior for freedom,” LaPierre said, “and NRA members are proud to stand with him.”
CMP Range Officer, NRA RSO/Pistol Instructor and Lifetime Member

skeathley

Re: LTC Oliver North to become NRA President

Post by skeathley »

:thewave

:thumbs2:
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

While I am not opposed to North as President, isn't this a bit of a different process than the NRA usually uses? Seems strange.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I like North, but I expect his promotion to be rather polarizing.
Not going to win many new hearts and minds. Won't take long for MSNBC to roll out the Iran/Contra videos.

Not sure who I would have recommended, perhaps someone of the female gender. I'll support Col. North, of course.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Iran Contra? That was so 80's. Bill, Hillary and Barack's shenanigans make Ollie look like a choir boy.

Good choice NRA board! :patriot: A Marine is what we need to lead us into the battle for our civil rights.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote:I like North, but I expect his promotion to be rather polarizing.
Not going to win many new hearts and minds. Won't take long for MSNBC to roll out the Iran/Contra videos.

Not sure who I would have recommended, perhaps someone of the female gender. I'll support Col. North, of course.
The flip side of that is that North is not someone who is afraid to publicly tell someone who richly deserves it to go have knowledge of himself in a biblical manner. Some times, that’s what those kinds of people need to hear, in public, so that observers can understand that they don’t need to be afraid of the bas...... uh.... fatherless children. Then maybe more and more decent American people will tell those fatherless children to go have intimate knowledge of themselves, because the fear of confronting them vanishes. Eventually, those enemies of liberty might be so ridiculed as to lose their relevance in the scheme of things.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

The flip side of that is that North is not someone who is afraid to publicly tell someone who richly deserves it to go have knowledge of himself in a biblical manner. Some times, that’s what those kinds of people need to hear, in public, so that observers can understand that they don’t need to be afraid of the bas...... uh.... fatherless children. Then maybe more and more decent American people will tell those fatherless children to go have intimate knowledge of themselves, because the fear of confronting them vanishes. Eventually, those enemies of liberty might be so ridiculed as to lose their relevance in the scheme of things.
Pete Brownell is a good man and a successful businessman. He isn’t necessarily a warrior, and both Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox made it clear Saturday, at least to me, that a war is going on to destroy the 2nd Amendment and the rest of our rights. You want a warrior who understands what it takes to win a war to lead your fight.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I'm very pleased with their choice.

Still, Ted Nugent would have kept things interesting. :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Allons

Post by Allons »

I think this is a great choice. The left will complain about any choice that is made to be the president. At least this will give Rachel Maddow and company something other than Donald Trump to talk about.

:chldancing
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

RoyGBiv wrote:the Iran/Contra videos.
Funny thing, but when I saw the news article about North this morning, I thought of that and commented to a friend of mine that at least he had proof he believed in arms for everyone.

All in your point of view of course.
Steve Rothstein

rotor

Post by rotor »

I wonder how much he will be paid.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

rotor wrote:I wonder how much he will be paid.
The President, 1st VP, 2nd VP and board members are not paid.

Chas.

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

North is someone I can support!

Tam, "you silver tongue devil" :thumbs2:
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

rotor

Post by rotor »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
rotor wrote:I wonder how much he will be paid.
The President, 1st VP, 2nd VP and board members are not paid.

Chas.
Must be giving up a lot of money doing this as he is giving up his Fox gig. Good for him.

Return to “National Rifle Association”