MS: VIDEO: Lone Cop Destroys Two Men Trying To Kill Him In Gas Station Gunfight

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

MS: VIDEO: Lone Cop Destroys Two Men Trying To Kill Him In Gas Station Gunfight

Post by Paladin »

VIDEO: Lone Cop Destroys Two Men Trying To Kill Him In Gas Station Gunfight

This is video of a Law Enforcement Officer successfully defending himself at a gas station, but, besides the initial setup traffic stop/attempted arrest, the action you see in the video could have been a scenario with two criminals attacking an ordinary armed citizen.

Some thoughts regarding things I saw in the video:

1. Before a fight becomes a gunfight... it may be a grappling situation or fist-fight. Having the skills to handle that is very helpful.
2. The officer was teamed up on. Second bad guy approaches from the rear. You always have to look out for multiple bad guys.
3. The officer goes to the ground while battling 2 bad guys. One armed. Horrible situation, but the officer uses cover and gets to his feet quickly and stays alive.
3. I didn't see any Weaver or isosceles shooting stances here. This was a very dynamic, close range gunfight. The officer successfully used movement to avoid being hit while fatally wounding one of the bad guys. Unfortunately most gun ranges don't allow you to shoot rapid fire on the move against moving targets. I typically use airsoft to practice that kind of thing. There are instructors who teach the skills necessary to win these kinds of fights. Keep an open mind and train with them.
4. The fatally wounded bad guy was only slowed down by his wounds and did not stop immediately. Never assume that 1 or 2 hits will end the fight.
5. The officer fired a lot of shots here and the Bad Guys did not stop or give up. Good thing the officer was carrying extra magazines!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: MS: VIDEO: Lone Cop Destroys Two Men Trying To Kill Him In Gas Station Gunfight

Post by RossA »

I don't know if it's my browser or what. I can use the link to go to the story, but no video comes up.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Topic author
Paladin

Re: MS: VIDEO: Lone Cop Destroys Two Men Trying To Kill Him In Gas Station Gunfight

Post by Paladin »

RossA wrote:I don't know if it's my browser or what. I can use the link to go to the story, but no video comes up.
Video was at the bottom of the article. Looks like the website is having some issues.

Try this link
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tex1961 »

RossA wrote:I don't know if it's my browser or what. I can use the link to go to the story, but no video comes up.
Worked for me

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RossA »

Got it with the new link. Thanks
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Worked for me. When in a gunfight never let your pants fall down.

Allons

Post by Allons »

Glad the officer is okay.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

rotor wrote:Worked for me. When in a gunfight never let your pants fall down.
It might have turned out different if they hadn't spent half the time pulling their pants up. :smilelol5:
Charlie

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Did one or both brothers survive their attack on the officer?

And what's with people condemning the officers self defense?

Are they so pro-criminal LEO's are just supposed to look the other way (if they're black) when they commit traffic or other offenses?

Are only white people to be stopped and ticketed and black folk can do whatever, whenever they wish with impunity?

Laws don't pertain to them?

If so, I'm going to have my skin tattooed black and wear an Afro wig. I'd curl my hair, but it abandoned me long ago...so a wig will have to do.

P.S. wearing my pants halfway to my knees is a fashion statement...slows me down when I'm running though...

Looky heah, then you honkies can kiss my black posterior as I plan to become an unmolested by Law Enforcement whenever i commit a crime as it'll be unlawful to stop my unlawfulness...you white people and your laws, pppffttt...I do what I want and you can't stop me.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Dindu Nuffins' family that are defending them need to see the video. If they still believe the officer's shooting their family member wasn't justified then they are too ignorant to even have an opinion that matters.

I bet that the autopsy will reveal the man was fatally wounded by his brother's gunfire.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Abraham wrote:Did one or both brothers survive their attack on the officer?
The driver, 30-year-old Elliot Reed was killed. Police said that Elliot was hit multiple times during the gunfight, WDAM reported. He died at a local hospital several hours later.

Reed’s brother, 26-year-old Chauncey Reed, was riding in the front passenger seat. Chauncey was taken into custody, and has been charged with capital murder and aggravated assault on a peace officer. Investigators said his actions during the altercation resulted in Elliot’s death. It is unclear if he was wounded.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I was trying to figure out what was going on when the driver tried to exit the vehicle. I couldn't tell if the officer was trying to keep him in the vehicle or take him to the ground. It looked odd.

It looked like bullets for flying all over for a few seconds there. Glad no bystanders were hurt.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Paladin wrote:
Abraham wrote:Did one or both brothers survive their attack on the officer?
The driver, 30-year-old Elliot Reed was killed. Police said that Elliot was hit multiple times during the gunfight, WDAM reported. He died at a local hospital several hours later.

Reed’s brother, 26-year-old Chauncey Reed, was riding in the front passenger seat. Chauncey was taken into custody, and has been charged with capital murder and aggravated assault on a peace officer. Investigators said his actions during the altercation resulted in Elliot’s death. It is unclear if he was wounded.
The brother was released by mistake and then re-arrested few hours later and charged with First Degree Murder and Aggravated Assault on a Police Officer.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

And herein lies the problem:
The brothers’ family and friends rallied in his defense in the wake of the officer-involved shooting, and many said they did not believe the men had done anything to harm the officer.

"I think the whole thing is messed up,” one of the suspects’ cousins, who did not want to be named, told WLBT. “They say he was shooting at the police? I don't believe that. Because that's my little cousin. I know he ain't gonna shoot at no police.”

“He was a good person. He didn’t bother anyone,” one of Elliot’s friends, who also did not want to be named, told the news outlet. “Everybody has their flaws – who’s to say they didn’t just kill him because they felt threatened by him?”
I guess that when he wasn’t busy trying to murder police, he was an Eagle Scout, polishing up his creds for a run at the Nobel Peace Prize.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

I wonder how many times Clancy shot his own brother? Hard to tell from the angle and movement but it looks like he is firing while Elliot is riding the officer down to the ground at 0:55.

It also appears that Clancy retrieved a second weapon out of the vehicle. At 1:04 he has both hands on the vehicle and they are empty. He crawls back in the vehicle then emerges again with what may be the second weapon. It's hard to see but it looks like you can see the magazine and, as he turns, the barrel.

Another unit rolls up at 1:24.

I'd like to see the rest of the footage. It seems like it is still dynamic when this footage ends.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”