CLASSY DEM

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

CLASSY DEM

Post by WTR »

Pat Davis , a Democrat from Albuquerque running for congress ,ran an uncensored add on local TV where he said coitus the NRA . He is in favor of banning all AR 15s. The NRA took the high road and only responded with "class it up Pat".

wil
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CLASSY DEM

Post by wil »

and taking "the high road" was a mistake on the part of the NRA. Being 'nice' to these leftists isn't going to win against them and the culture war they're waging against the public.
You'll note Tucker Carlson didn't take the 'high road' about it. He did what should be done and forced that individual to defend the lies he was attempting to sell to the public, by hitting him hard with the right questions and not letting off of him when he would not honestly answer the questions.
The result? Carlson tore him apart and showed him to the public for what he is.

make the left defend the lies of their agenda, they will lose.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Can you imagine the backlash if the NRA ran an ad saying "F---- pat davis"????? Yet the standard only goes one way... should there be some sort of FCC fine or action on saying that on tv??

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Pat Davis? Any relation to Wendy?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Leftists have standards...all rotten.

I record Tucker Carlson because when such folk come on I have to fast forward through their obnoxiousness.

Though Tucker can verbally tear them to shreds, I can't bear to listen to leftists ridiculous arguments.

I'm glad to hear he did his usual good job.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

flechero wrote:Can you imagine the backlash if the NRA ran an ad saying "F---- pat davis"????? Yet the standard only goes one way... should there be some sort of FCC fine or action on saying that on tv??
There should be a fine and maybe a ban from any tv ads for a period of time also. There probably is too, if it's a conservative doing it.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Allons

Post by Allons »

If a Republican running for Congress ran that same add the Demwitts would be calling for him or her to drop out of the race.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Isn't use of that word on broadcast TV a violation? Why does a lefty get a free ride?

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

treadlightly wrote:Isn't use of that word on broadcast TV a violation? Why does a lefty get a free ride?
Per FCC rules the station can not modify or censor in any way the ad being shown. All they could do, which they did, was run a disclaimer prior to showing the ad. They had to run the ad as it was an equal time ad purchase.

The person who needs to be held responsible Davis himself. There should be calls for him to withdraw. It'll never happen though.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

treadlightly wrote:Isn't use of that word on broadcast TV a violation? Why does a lefty get a free ride?
Not that word. It is used all the time on The Big Bang Theory.

However, based on the connotation and use in this situation he should be fined. But, he won't be.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

C-dub wrote:

However, based on the connotation and use in this situation he should be fined. But, he won't be.
He actually used the F word version. No bazinga.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

WTR wrote:
C-dub wrote:

He actually used the F word version. No bazinga.
Oh. :grumble :totap: :grumble :totap:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”