Glock Guy's and Girls what do you think?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Allons
Posts in topic: 2

Glock Guy's and Girls what do you think?

Post by Allons »

Never heard of a Glock having a malfunction like this just wondering if any out there has experienced anything like this that owns a Glock?

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/gl ... WUTSYKt0J/
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

carlson1

Re: Glock Guy's and Girls what do you think?

Post by carlson1 »

I never have seen or heard of this. I have read about and witnessed an officer holstering his Glock 22 and and the thumb snap on the holster caught the trigger and it fired. The officer was only injured by concrete coming back up.

It would be interesting to know what generation of Glock this was.

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmgee67 »

Never heard of that happening but there’s a first for everything.... prayers for a speedy recovery.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

What pin worked it's way out of the trigger, got caught on the holster, then pulled the trigger? I don't see a pin that could have done that.

I think that's a garbage excuse and the officer did something stupid.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

C-dub wrote:What pin worked it's way out of the trigger, got caught on the holster, then pulled the trigger? I don't see a pin that could have done that.

I think that's a garbage excuse and the officer did something stupid.
Look on the other side of the gun, there's a pin in the middle of the trigger that holds in the safety which is only visible from the left side. That said, I've never seen or heard of that walking out, and it would have to walk out really far in order to hit the side of the holster. I don't really believe the excuse.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Yeah, I'm being lazy and didn't want to go look at mine. That's a pretty small pin. I don't see it having that much leverage or there being enough strength when reholstered to pull the trigger enough to discharge. Plus, how does that activate the little center lever safety trigger? I still think it's a made up garbage excuse after doing something stupid.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Moral of the story... never be in a hurry to re-holster.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

C-dub wrote:Image
Yeah, I'm being lazy and didn't want to go look at mine. That's a pretty small pin. I don't see it having that much leverage or there being enough strength when reholstered to pull the trigger enough to discharge. Plus, how does that activate the little center lever safety trigger? I still think it's a made up garbage excuse after doing something stupid.
I’m very suspicious of the story as told. For one that pin is pressed in; it can’t be driven out the other side as it doesn’t go all the way through. For another, it’s so short (due to the above) that even if it did come out it would by no means have the length to clear the side of the gun to “stick out” and get hung up on the holster. And as noted above I find it hard to believe that it would have the rigidity to move the trigger rearward when it would have been hanging on by a thread.

Further, let’s say all that really did happen, the pin itself is the fulcrum point for the trigger safety. As a result no matter how much force you put on the pin it won’t (because it can’t) disengage the trigger safety, that has to be done below the point of the fulcrum. If the pin was caught thereby moving the trigger rearward, something would still have to depress the trigger safety (like a finger?) in order for the gun to fire.

Now I’m anything but a Glock fan (just the opposite) but I have a hard time blaming the gun based on the facts as stated.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Seems odd, but you know the saying "truth is stranger than fiction". So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until proof comes out otherwise. Plus just keep doing what I do, and inspecting my gear regularly so I don't join him.
NRA Benefactor Member

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I was also wondering if 1) has anyone worked on his trigger (pulled out that pin) or 2) was it a factory trigger?

Topic author
Allons

Post by Allons »

Jago668 wrote:Seems odd, but you know the saying "truth is stranger than fiction". So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until proof comes out otherwise. Plus just keep doing what I do, and inspecting my gear regularly so I don't join him.
:iagree:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Its just another form of Glockleg. No surprises here.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

Did previous generations of glocks had pins lower on the triggers. ?? Never owned one so I have no clue.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

This is a never ending story.

I shot myself by being careless, now how can I wheedle out of admitting it was my fault?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”