Active Shooter reported at Santa Fe High School

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Active Shooter reported at Santa Fe High School

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

twomillenium wrote:All student reports say shotgun and maybe a pistol, National news, NBC, has added that shooter had an "assault rifle". Nothing like that on local news, is this new found truth or is NBC trying to further their agenda with their usual lies? We should wait for confirmed facts, and pray for all effected.
The facts are wild and loose right now. Give it a few hours for things to settle down.

One of the more interesting "facts" I have seen is that David Hogg predicted yesterday that a school shooting would happen today. If this is true, I'm sure the FBI will be opening an investigation on his potential involvement. But I'll wait until this is confirmed before jumping to any conclusions.

wally775
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wally775 »

FWIW
Source says explosive devices were Co2 bottles.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

K.Mooneyham wrote:Our schools are soft targets. As long as they remain soft targets, evil people will take advantage of that fact.
That should make any "woke" person wonder why certain people want America to have so many soft targets.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

BBYC wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:Our schools are soft targets. As long as they remain soft targets, evil people will take advantage of that fact.
That should make any "woke" person wonder why certain people want America to have so many soft targets.
Schools need to harden security to prevent unauthorized people from bringing guns into the school in the first place. Hard to believe that a student, and possibly a buddy, planned this tragedy. Throwing one's life away for nothing.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by K.Mooneyham »

cirus wrote:
Rafe wrote:More screams for gun control coming. My dad used to tell me how, in the 60s, high school seniors used to have pickup trucks with gun racks in the back in the parking lot, because they were going hunting or shooting after school. How many high school shootings were there in the 60s? Guns aren't the problem. Something has gone seriously wrong with our society in the space of 40 years. The guns haven't changed much.
I'm 49 and graduated in 87 and usually had a rifle or shotgun in the rack of my truck. Somethings happened in the last 30 years and it's not the guns.
Serious lack of solid standards in this nation. It has been socially fractured into who knows how many pieces. No real sense of right and wrong among so many people now. Whether by design, circumstances, or a bit of both, it's certainly an ill wind blowing.

rtschl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rtschl »

Suspect appears to be ANTIFA terroist - Had pictures of wearing Antifa Pin, NAZI medals, etc. His Facebook page is already down but appears the signs were there and other social media accounts...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/05 ... rist-logo/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrul ... .nnQqYGW1V
Ron
NRA Member

rtschl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rtschl »

And Governor Abbot states it was a shotgun and .38 revolver that was used:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/997557356312580098
Ron
NRA Member

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Rafe wrote:More screams for gun control coming. My dad used to tell me how, in the 60s, high school seniors used to have pickup trucks with gun racks in the back in the parking lot, because they were going hunting or shooting after school. How many high school shootings were there in the 60s? Guns aren't the problem. Something has gone seriously wrong with our society in the space of 40 years. The guns haven't changed much.
I can verify what your dad said, as it was commonplace. Today we have a people problem.

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 7

Post by twomillenium »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
twomillenium wrote:All student reports say shotgun and maybe a pistol, National news, NBC, has added that shooter had an "assault rifle". Nothing like that on local news, is this new found truth or is NBC trying to further their agenda with their usual lies? We should wait for confirmed facts, and pray for all effected.
The facts are wild and loose right now. Give it a few hours for things to settle down.

One of the more interesting "facts" I have seen is that David Hogg predicted yesterday that a school shooting would happen today. If this is true, I'm sure the FBI will be opening an investigation on his potential involvement. But I'll wait until this is confirmed before jumping to any conclusions.
I said "we should wait for confirmed facts", NBC national news threw in the "assault rifle" claim when there was none reported.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

twomillenium wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

I said "we should wait for confirmed facts", NBC national news threw in the "assault rifle" claim when there was none reported.
:iagree:

I wasn't challenging your post, was trying to reaffirm what you were saying.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

John Galt wrote:
I can verify what your dad said, as it was commonplace. Today we have a people problem.
I was a high school student until 1960. After that, I was a college student and yes, we had guns. We had them in the college dormitories and later in the married student apartments - and nobody shot nobody. What we didn't have was network TV, computers with computer killing games and social media.

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 7

Post by twomillenium »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

:iagree:

I wasn't challenging your post, was trying to reaffirm what you were saying.
I understand, and thanks. I had to reread what I wrote to make sure that I had not written something vague due to the uh, uh anger from the agenda of NBC to blatantly lie.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

chamberc
Posts in topic: 4

Post by chamberc »

One of my family members was substituting there today. We've not heard from her.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

chamberc wrote:One of my family members was substituting there today. We've not heard from her.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please let us know when she checks in.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

chamberc
Posts in topic: 4

Post by chamberc »

She's dead. Confirmed.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Return to “The Crime Blotter”