Active Shooter reported at Santa Fe High School

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Medley86
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Active Shooter reported at Santa Fe High School

Post by Medley86 »

I just accepted a job at our local school in maintenance, one of my biggest fears is something like this happening and not being able to do anything to stop it. As far as I can tell the district does not allow anyone to carry on campus, and as I am being provided a district vehicle to drive back and forth from home I won't even be able to have a firearm available to get from my truck.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

chamberc wrote:She's dead. Confirmed.
Prayers sent along with my deepest condolences. I know that these are not much comfort. My deepest prayer and hope is that school officials will finally wake up and realize that signs, laws, and hoping for the best, don't work, and actually take action to protect our most precious gifts, from evil, so that this never happens to another family member.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

rtschl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rtschl »

I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying for your family.
Ron
NRA Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

Deepest condolences to entire family. I pray that God will give you all the strength and comfort to get through this tragedy.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

I'm sorry for your loss chamberc. Praying for comfort for you and all those affected by this senseless act.

Allons
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Allons »

Sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Chamber....there really are no words...I am so sorry.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

cirus wrote:
Rafe wrote:More screams for gun control coming. My dad used to tell me how, in the 60s, high school seniors used to have pickup trucks with gun racks in the back in the parking lot, because they were going hunting or shooting after school. How many high school shootings were there in the 60s? Guns aren't the problem. Something has gone seriously wrong with our society in the space of 40 years. The guns haven't changed much.
I'm 49 and graduated in 87 and usually had a rifle or shotgun in the rack of my truck. Somethings happened in the last 30 years and it's not the guns.

there has become a lack of value of human life. I'm not sure how we get it back at this point.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

SewTexas wrote:
cirus wrote:
Rafe wrote:More screams for gun control coming. My dad used to tell me how, in the 60s, high school seniors used to have pickup trucks with gun racks in the back in the parking lot, because they were going hunting or shooting after school. How many high school shootings were there in the 60s? Guns aren't the problem. Something has gone seriously wrong with our society in the space of 40 years. The guns haven't changed much.
I'm 49 and graduated in 87 and usually had a rifle or shotgun in the rack of my truck. Somethings happened in the last 30 years and it's not the guns.

there has become a lack of value of human life. I'm not sure how we get it back at this point.
Maybe allow the fear of god back into our schools for starters.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

kayt00 wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
cirus wrote:

Maybe allow the fear of god back into our schools for starters.
that's why I said "at this point".....because that's not going to be allowed to happen.
~Tracy

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

Details at this time are limited, and I'm getting them from brother in law. Apparently she was one of the first killed, if not the first, on her way in. I do not know, but suspect it's a gun-free zone.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

chamberc wrote:Details at this time are limited, and I'm getting them from brother in law. Apparently she was one of the first killed, if not the first, on her way in. I do not know, but suspect it's a gun-free zone.
Very sorry for your loss.

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

Senseless...
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Very sorry to hear this - she and your entire family are in our prayers.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

dlh

Post by dlh »

I cannot find any reporting whether the "school resource officer(s)" were armed or unarmed. I assume all of this will come out in the ensuing hours/days.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”