Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by mojo84 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:24 pm
mojo84 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:15 pm
dale blanker wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:58 pm
rotor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:53 pm If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. Etc. Obama never lied.
In 2009 and again in 2012, PolitiFact rated Obama’s statement Half True, which means the statement is partially correct and partially wrong. While ACA took pains to leave parts of the insurance market alone, some private insurers canceled their plans, or raised rates to force people to switch plans, to avoid meeting some ACA standards.

This reminds me of the movie "The Rainmaker" based on a novel by John Grisham. I don't think it is based on a particular true story but this kind of thing was apparently happening in the healthcare market.

Whatever happened to ACA's grand replacement with universal, low cost healthcare?
It's obvious you are way under-informed on this issue. I've been in the insurance business over 20 years and I can't tell you the number of people, included, that lost their doctor because the doctors wouldn't put up with the Obamacare headaches.

Tell me how many carriers offer individual PPO health plans in Texas

Now tell me what percentage of doctors participate in HMO networks vs PPO networks. Example- 1 carrier has less than 50% of the number of PPO docs in the HMO networks.

Do you realize there are very few plans in existence today that were in existence the day Obamacare took effect? There are a few group "grandfathered" plans that are still in place but the pricing on those plans are outrageous. Do you realize some carriers redesign their group plans twice a year?

Do you know specifically, not the skewed averages published to manipulate general public opinions, how much insurance rates have increased since Obamacare took effect? Rates were increasing significantly but Obamacare accelerated that dramatically in spite of him promising to reduce premiums by $2000-$2500.

Try to gain some actual evidence instead of relying on liberal talking points.
My company was one of many who were pushed right out of offering health care. 2008 we actually paid for our employees PPO health care through Blue Cross Blue sheild. By 2012 we could no longer afford to have health care due to the crazy increases in price. Good job ObamaCare. That is 14 families that went from having health coverage to 14 families with no health care coverage.
The main effect of Obamacare regarding the number of people covered is it changed who was covered but didn't have significant net effect regardless what the government says. Small businesses and middle income self-employed people were hurt the worst as far as losing coverage and increased premiums while more low income people gained access to medicaid.

Also, the utilization of emergency rooms for non-emergency care hasn't been reduced significantly.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

My observations as well mojo84. It is crazy. If you do the math on my coverage alone it is over 14K a year for premiums plus I am responsible for the first 5K in expenses. I am single. A family of four is paying even more. That really makes it look attractive to simply self insure. Then pray I don't get cancer or have a heart attack.

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:15 pm
dale blanker wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:58 pm
rotor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:53 pm If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. Etc. Obama never lied.
In 2009 and again in 2012, PolitiFact rated Obama’s statement Half True, which means the statement is partially correct and partially wrong. While ACA took pains to leave parts of the insurance market alone, some private insurers canceled their plans, or raised rates to force people to switch plans, to avoid meeting some ACA standards.

This reminds me of the movie "The Rainmaker" based on a novel by John Grisham. I don't think it is based on a particular true story but this kind of thing was apparently happening in the healthcare market.

Whatever happened to ACA's grand replacement with universal, low cost healthcare?
It's obvious you are way under-informed on this issue. I've been in the insurance business over 20 years and I can't tell you the number of people, included, that lost their doctor because the doctors wouldn't put up with the Obamacare headaches.

Tell me how many carriers offer individual PPO health plans in Texas

Now tell me what percentage of doctors participate in HMO networks vs PPO networks. Example- 1 carrier has less than 50% of the number of PPO docs in the HMO networks.

Do you realize there are very few plans in existence today that were in existence the day Obamacare took effect? There are a few group "grandfathered" plans that are still in place but the pricing on those plans are outrageous. Do you realize some carriers redesign their group plans twice a year?

Do you know specifically, not the skewed averages published to manipulate general public opinions, how much insurance rates have increased since Obamacare took effect? Rates were increasing significantly but Obamacare accelerated that dramatically in spite of him promising to reduce premiums by $2000-$2500.

Try to gain some actual evidence instead of relying on liberal talking points.
You are 100% correct. I live in Wichita Falls, am retired on Medicare but my wife is under the Medicare age. There is ONLY a BC HMO under Obamacare available for her. The only full service hospital in town only started accepting the plan last year. Prior to that you had an expensive plan (Obamacare) that nobody took and you were penalized if you didn't buy it. Prior to Obamacare my wife's plan (BC with great coverage) was in the $250 a month basis with low deductible. Now with Obamacare it is $1400+ a month with almost $8,000 deductible.
So these are more Obama lies.
For the liberals here, I was a young and stupid liberal once too. But I grew up.

rotor

Post by rotor »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:37 pm My observations as well mojo84. It is crazy. If you do the math on my coverage alone it is over 14K a year for premiums plus I am responsible for the first 5K in expenses. I am single. A family of four is paying even more. That really makes it look attractive to simply self insure. Then pray I don't get cancer or have a heart attack.
Chemo for uninsured costs $100,000 a month.

03Lightningrocks

rotor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:43 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:37 pm My observations as well mojo84. It is crazy. If you do the math on my coverage alone it is over 14K a year for premiums plus I am responsible for the first 5K in expenses. I am single. A family of four is paying even more. That really makes it look attractive to simply self insure. Then pray I don't get cancer or have a heart attack.
Chemo for uninsured costs $100,000 a month.
Good lord! :shock:

rotor

Post by rotor »

philbo wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:30 pm
rotor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:53 pmWhich part of "it's the economy stupid" do you not understand? What specific act that Trump has pushed do YOU not like.
P.S. I am not calling you stupid, just using the phrase.
I find it ironic that you would quote from bill clinton's 1992 campaign to support trump. If you didn't realize, that's where the quote began. If the economy is all that's important, you would have supported bill clinton in 92 and 96? Or obama in 2008 and 2012? The economy showed marked improvements in both cases. If you say no, then why should the economy be the single issue now and not then?
The answer for me has always been that "it's (not) the economy stupid", (just using the phrase) from the 1993 article I remembered that stated why it was more than the economy when bill clinton tried to use that schtick:
https://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/p ... stupid.htm

I believe that the economy has always been larger than one person to control, but it will be interesting to see if trump's tariff war can bring the decade long bull run of the stock market to an end. If you believe the only metric should be are you better off now than you were 2 years ago, my reply is that is myopic at best. I'm sure there are pleny of people in China saying that on a daily basis; further, that the same thought was popular in Germany in 1936, Italy in 1925 and the USSR in 1922. Looking at the bottom line is fine for a business, but insufficient for a leader. To quote William F Buckley when he spoke to this issue and about trump specifically, "The greatest deeds of American Presidents — midwifing the new republic; freeing the slaves; harnessing the energies and vision needed to win the Cold War — had little to do with a bottom line"
If the economy is bad the president gets blamed. Obama is trying to take credit for the present economy. Good luck with that. I don't need a lesson in history. At age 75 I have been through a lot of political lies. I only asked you what specific act that Trump has passed that you don't like. I got a lesson on Bill Clinton instead. I never expected Trump to be president but in all honesty I can not find anything that he has gotten passed or done that I didn't like. Perhaps you would have liked Hillary as president. Her "common sense" gun laws would be the law of the land now. Perhaps that's what you want?

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 23

Post by ninjabread »

dale blanker wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:17 pm
ninjabread wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:45 pm I voted for Trump as punishment for left wingnuts. So far, so good.
:anamatedbanana Congratulations, your mission in life is complete!
Thanks! :patriot: It's a good start but there's still so much more to do.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

03Lightningrocks

ninjabread wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:14 pm
dale blanker wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:17 pm
ninjabread wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:45 pm I voted for Trump as punishment for left wingnuts. So far, so good.
:anamatedbanana Congratulations, your mission in life is complete!
Thanks! :patriot: It's a good start but there's still so much more to do.
Personally, I like your style! LOL

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

https://www.westernjournal.com/white-ho ... -in-space/

While the separation of children from parents at the border swirls in the news Trump says he will not allow this country to become a migrant camp.

Then he announces the creation of the U S Space Force.

03Lightningrocks

I wonder if this means when Americans break the law and are detained their kids get to hang out with them? Democrats don't give a rats about those kids. They are trying to replace their now defeated voting block with new morons looking for freebies. The real answer is to send them right back across that border they illegally crossed.

03Lightningrocks

Straight from the expert who knows what is what with immigration.

Allons
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Allons »

Families would not be separated if they did not come into the country illegally. Maybe, with all the coverage it's getting, this might be a deterrent for SOME, thinking about crossing with their family.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

Here is some perspective on the border situation.

http://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/i ... at-border/
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

There was a time an anti-gun guy was asked by me if he, his wife and children were at grave risk, would he want me to stand by doing nothing and let all be surely be killed or pull out my pistol and protect them?

After a bit, he admitted he'd like my 'gun' help...the gutless puke.

03Lightningrocks

:???:

Return to “Off-Topic”