Mosquito control - cheap

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Mosquito control - cheap

Post by Greybeard »

A buddy in the landscape biz highly recommended these widgets on a local social medial site this morning. Owner of Johnson Feed Store in Lewisville told me late today that he had been slammed selling them all day as a result of that post. I dropped $20 on a kit that included 2 units. Instructions say NOT to place on the patio where people will be as they ATTRACT skeeters, but to put them in the shade many feet away. I do hope they work as advertised because my wife is a mosquito magnet.

Edited to add: Link maybe no workie. Interested parties may need to Google "Spartan Mosquito Eradicator".

CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mosquito control - cheap

Post by Grundy1133 »

interesting. I wonder whats in them... personally I just stay inside haha. cheapest way i know to get rid of mosquitoes :D
NRA Member

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

aero10

Post by aero10 »

Grundy1133 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:06 pm interesting. I wonder whats in them... personally I just stay inside haha. cheapest way i know to get rid of mosquitoes :D
According to the Q&A on Amazon from sellers, it's sugar, salt, and yeast. Sounds similar to a lot of things I've seen online using a two liter bottle with sugar, yeast, and warm water.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I go out about dusk and fog the Area with Seven Dust then the next morning fog a fine mist of Ortho Home Defense!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grundy1133 »

aero10 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:40 pm
Grundy1133 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:06 pm interesting. I wonder whats in them... personally I just stay inside haha. cheapest way i know to get rid of mosquitoes :D
According to the Q&A on Amazon from sellers, it's sugar, salt, and yeast. Sounds similar to a lot of things I've seen online using a two liter bottle with sugar, yeast, and warm water.
gotcha so you attract them to the outskirts of the yard and it keeps them from coming up to the house. thats very interesting. makes sense.
NRA Member

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Mosquitoes are attracted to CO2. The yeast feeds on the sugar and produces CO2 which attracts the skeeters. Not sure what the salt is for, probably to keep mold growth down. Mosquitoes are attracted to the greater CO2 concentration in the bottle.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

G26ster
Posts in topic: 3

Post by G26ster »

Says to keep the water level in the tube up to "fill" levels. So let me see, you hang the tube 100 feet out in the yard to attract mosguitos, great. But what what happens when you need to refill to "fill" levels when the water evaporates? Aren't the mosquitos there waiting for you when you do? :biggrinjester:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

G26ster wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:35 pm Says to keep the water level in the tube up to "fill" levels. So let me see, you hang the tube 100 feet out in the yard to attract mosguitos, great. But what what happens when you need to refill to "fill" levels when the water evaporates? Aren't the mosquitos there waiting for you when you do? :biggrinjester:
You do it when they aren’t looking. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:37 am
G26ster wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:35 pm Says to keep the water level in the tube up to "fill" levels. So let me see, you hang the tube 100 feet out in the yard to attract mosguitos, great. But what what happens when you need to refill to "fill" levels when the water evaporates? Aren't the mosquitos there waiting for you when you do? :biggrinjester:
Ok, but wouldn't weekdays be better when they're away for work :mrgreen:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man

G26ster wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:51 am
Probably, but I’m retired so that’s not a problem for me. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:45 pm
I meant the mosquitos were away for work, not you. :smilelol5:

The Annoyed Man

G26ster wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:16 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:45 pm
I meant the mosquitos were away for work, not you. :smilelol5:
Yeah, I can get ‘em any time! :lol:

#TINVOWOOT

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

If you want to make them yourself, here is the DYI link! Im gonna try it out!

https://dengarden.com/pest-control/how- ... to-control
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Off-Topic”