Couple brutally attacked, robbed on Deep Ellum street

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Couple brutally attacked, robbed on Deep Ellum street

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Couple brutally attacked, robbed on Deep Ellum street:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/couple-bru ... lum-street
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Couple brutally attacked, robbed on Deep Ellum street

Post by bblhd672 »

Animals, filthy rotten animals. Nothing good can happen to you on the streets at 2:30am.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

While nothing good happens after Midnight it horrible this happened! Sad this young man knows nothing of Coopers color code of awareness it might have kept them both safe!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The problem is that far too many folks are scared of being accused of racism so they ignore their gut instincts if the criminals are of a "protected class". When that little alarm in one goes off, the politically correct alarm is saying to react is racist. Those two should never have allowed the thugs to get up on them like that.

flechero

Post by flechero »

I want to know when black on white crime will be pursued as hate crime or racially motivated????? When it's white on black, the actual event is irrelevant- it's just racism. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

The woman knew something wasn't right -- note the way she allowed her companion to assume the lead. I guess she (and he) thought that he could handle the situation. They apparently did not surmise that the bad guys were going to physically assault and rob them. Who knows what they thought might happen.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

There’s good video on the attack. They’ll be caught or turn themselves in before the weekend.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

flechero wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:18 am I want to know when black on white crime will be pursued as hate crime or racially motivated????? When it's white on black, the actual event is irrelevant- it's just racism. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Just started reading this book. It’s sickening.
'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': The hoax of black victimization and those who enable it‘
https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Black- ... bc?ie=UTF8
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

03Lightningrocks

Middle Age Russ wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:19 am The woman knew something wasn't right -- note the way she allowed her companion to assume the lead. I guess she (and he) thought that he could handle the situation. They apparently did not surmise that the bad guys were going to physically assault and rob them. Who knows what they thought might happen.
I noticed that too which is what inspired my comment.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I agree with the Deep Ellum Foundation representative. It's disturbing that cars drove by and did nothing. I may start using that video in my LTC classes.

Chas.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Before CHL I used to visit Deep Ellum and surrounding areas quite a bit with friends and for social activity. It was arguably even more dangerous in the early 90's and I remember wishing I could conceal and carry or at least carry in my vehicle. Now I won't ever go to that part of Dallas without being armed. I took my family there recently, and while it's nicer than when I was younger, I still wouldn't go without carrying. The only problem is there are many 51% locations, but nowadays that's not where I visit.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

A good video for people who carry off body like a purse or briefcase.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

03Lightningrocks

I thought the same as some about the people who drove by and did nothing. But then I thought about it for a minute. I would be willing to bet most did not see the attack. It happened real fast. Which to me is even more reason to carry concealed rather than count on help if attacked.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I would say there is a lot more to get from this than simply to carry on body. On body carry would have been useless to this fellow, and probably also for the woman. I don't know of anyone who can draw from concealment fast enough to stop someone sucker punching you at fist distance. If you or someone you know has this ability, please drop me a line -- I'd love to do some training with such a person.

Other tools -- skills and training in empty-hand techniques -- are needed, as well as keen awareness skills and the willingness to act on the "something here isn't right" feeling even if that action doesn't fit with typical social norms.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Middle Age Russ wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:05 pm
I would say there is a lot more to get from this than simply to carry on body. On body carry would have been useless to this fellow, and probably also for the woman. I don't know of anyone who can draw from concealment fast enough to stop someone sucker punching you at fist distance. If you or someone you know has this ability, please drop me a line -- I'd love to do some training with such a person.

Other tools -- skills and training in empty-hand techniques -- are needed, as well as keen awareness skills and the willingness to act on the "something here isn't right" feeling even if that action doesn't fit with typical social norms.
Or simply don't let strangers get that close to you (and split to cover the sidewalk!!!) without your alarm bells ringing like crazy.

If it isn't super crowded and you are within arm's reach of me, I will either back away from you or turn and face you with my thumb under my shirt.... No way I just keep walking in that situation. Yesh.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”