West coast homeless situation

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 12

Re: West coast homeless situation

Post by philip964 »

EastTexasRancher wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:37 pm We just got back from Kauai, and it's insane. Every park has a group of homeless people hanging out in tents, without tents, etc. They take up the restrooms, live under the bridges by the beaches, etc. Sooo many of them.
I was very lucky in 1962 to have a chance to swim in the ocean at the Royal Hawaiian on Waikiki Beach. It was fantastic. I had the opportunity to go back in 1996 and could not believe my eyes at the horrible changes that had occurred since.

I have always wanted to visit Kauai. I have never been able to visit. From what friends have told me that visited 20 years ago, it was the one place in the State of Hawaii that was still pristine and untouched.

It comes as a shock to now discover that even Kauai has now been ravaged by man. So sad.

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:37 pm I agree that drug addiction is a major part of the problem. Unfortunately it is a whole lot more serious than simple marijuana. Many of these folks are addicted to Heroin, Methamphetamine and Crack.
I was not implying that marijuana was a major part of the problem. My point was that when you are high all the time and everything is "perfect" than you don't care about what is happening and if you are happy, well who cares. China had their opium dens. We have heroin, meth and crack. For those that believe natural is safe, heroin, cocaine, marijuana and tobacco are natural. Easy for a government to control when the population is high. Sounds like a good topic for a book.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

rotor wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:36 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:37 pm I agree that drug addiction is a major part of the problem. Unfortunately it is a whole lot more serious than simple marijuana. Many of these folks are addicted to Heroin, Methamphetamine and Crack.
I was not implying that marijuana was a major part of the problem. My point was that when you are high all the time and everything is "perfect" than you don't care about what is happening and if you are happy, well who cares. China had their opium dens. We have heroin, meth and crack. For those that believe natural is safe, heroin, cocaine, marijuana and tobacco are natural. Easy for a government to control when the population is high. Sounds like a good topic for a book.
I was not contradicting your post, I was agreeing and adding to it. :tiphat:

BBYC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BBYC »

I think alcohol abuse is more prevalent than marijuana in that population.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

The more you feed, the more you'll have to feed!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:51 pmSo is it the mild climate, big social net, liberal attitude, high cost of housing, greater drug use or all of these?
The short answer is, “YES, all of the above”.

California’s gov’t is populated with the highest concentration of dumbassas in the entire world.....seconded only by the California voters who keep putting them in office. It’s why I got out when I did, 12 years ago. California is hopeless, irretrievably messed up, and it has to completely fail and collapse before its residents wake up and realize that they’ve been lying to themselves all along, and they need to do something differently. Of course by then, its gov’t will be so invested in fascism that it won’t permit dissent......even from a majority of voters. It will simply invalidate the election on the grounds that there was not enough undocumented alien worker participation in the election.......and round them all up and get them to the polls with an offer of a free meal and a bottle of whine (yes, that was a deliberate spelling) if they vote c̶o̶m̶m̶i̶e̶, er.... democrat.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:07 pm
philip964 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:51 pmSo is it the mild climate, big social net, liberal attitude, high cost of housing, greater drug use or all of these?
The short answer is, “YES, all of the above”.

California’s gov’t is populated with the highest concentration of dumbassas in the entire world.....seconded only by the California voters who keep putting them in office. It’s why I got out when I did, 12 years ago. California is hopeless, irretrievably messed up, and it has to completely fail and collapse before its residents wake up and realize that they’ve been lying to themselves all along, and they need to do something differently. Of course by then, its gov’t will be so invested in fascism that it won’t permit dissent......even from a majority of voters. It will simply invalidate the election on the grounds that there was not enough undocumented alien worker participation in the election.......and round them all up and get them to the polls with an offer of a free meal and a bottle of whine (yes, that was a deliberate spelling) if they vote c̶o̶m̶m̶i̶e̶, er.... democrat.
I need to add one more thing to my guess as to why The West Coast has a bigger homeless problem - homeless advocates. People suing the city from arresting people for sleeping on the street.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

Lol California. Over the last eleven years they have built enough shelters to comply with a judges order.

So now they can start arresting the homeless again. However this will lead to a new order.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/border ... s-homeless

Rich suburbs pushing homeless into LA.

Do you think?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

It’s as if they have read Kurt Schlichter’s books and are determined to turn them from fictional stories to historical events.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bblhd672 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:49 pm It’s as if they have read Kurt Schlichter’s books and are determined to turn them from fictional stories to historical events.
Especially for someone like me, who grew up in SoCal, witnessing the changes and having worked in downtown LA for 9 years, Kurt Schlichter's "Kelly Turnbull" books are absolutely prophetic. Absent a complete about face in policy, Schlichter's dystopian future California is unavoidable. They are such a good description that it’s like reading future history.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html

LA settles lawsuit brought by Homeless. They get to keep the land on skid row ( about 50 blocks downtown ) their lawyers get $600,000 and LA now has their permission to confiscate couches and refrigerators on the city ROW that are considered a health hazard.

In other news several police officers have come down with typhus that work in that area.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

philip964 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:17 pm https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html

LA settles lawsuit brought by Homeless. They get to keep the land on skid row ( about 50 blocks downtown ) their lawyers get $600,000 and LA now has their permission to confiscate couches and refrigerators on the city ROW that are considered a health hazard.

In other news several police officers have come down with typhus that work in that area.
Nature has a way of dealing with the weak, the slow and the stupid!, Nature is a harsh taskmaster, and it doesn't answer to any court!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/1 ... et-aisles/

Most grocery stores have restrooms. But apparently the homeless prefer the food aisles in San Fransisco.

Return to “Off-Topic”