philip964
Posts in topic: 1

IN: Child finds a gun in the cushions of a couch at IKEA

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Re: IN: Child finds a gun in the cushions of a couch at IKEA

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Oh that is just great! Now Ikea will react with anti gun signs all over the place. We must be responsible gun owners or risk getting an unfair rap. The guy that dropped his weapon like that needs to be horse whipped. Totally unacceptable in my humble opinion. Makes us all look bad.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:27 pm Oh that is just great! Now Ikea will react with anti gun signs all over the place. We must be responsible gun owners or risk getting an unfair rap. The guy that dropped his weapon like that needs to be horse whipped. Totally unacceptable in my humble opinion. Makes us all look bad.
they already have 30.06 signs.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

...An Ikea spokesperson provided a statement on the incident, saying the company has a no-weapon policy and that Ikea employees "took the action they were trained to do to ensure the safety of customers":

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

SewTexas wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:30 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:27 pm Oh that is just great! Now Ikea will react with anti gun signs all over the place. We must be responsible gun owners or risk getting an unfair rap. The guy that dropped his weapon like that needs to be horse whipped. Totally unacceptable in my humble opinion. Makes us all look bad.
I was not aware of it. Went in one many years ago and wanted to start drinking in the maze of cheap garbage furniture. I thought I would never find my way out of there.

Thanks for the info. Another good reason to stay away from them.

Still, it does not change my opinion of the person who dumps a weapon into a sofa at a public location. No good excuse for it in my mind. Getting out my rope now. :biggrinjester:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Lots of fails at this incident and a lot of places to point blame.

The big one is, the gun wasn't properly secured.
I always discretely check myself after standing from sitting.
Kid apperently hadn't paid much attention to Eddy Eagle films and training.
I'm willing to bet that the gun was a striker with no safety. People don't like to admit it, but these guns are just more prone to AD/ND incidents

The good news is that nobody was hurt.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:47 pm http://www.wishtv.com/news/local-news/c ... 1262813144

Only fires it one time.
Hmmm, I thought Ikea was posted? I'll bet the gun was used in a crime and/or is stolen?

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

The only Ikea store I have ever been in was the one in North Austin and it was definitely posted 30.06. No need to ever go in another one. Agree with OG, probably a gang-banger ditching a gun used in a crime.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

AF-Odin wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:18 am Agree with OG, probably a gang-banger ditching a gun used in a crime.
Or maybe not
An Ikea customer sat down on a couch, where his firearm fell out of his pants and got lodged in the piece of furniture. He got up from the couch and continued to walk around the store without realizing his gun was gone, according to Sgt. Tom Weger with Fisher Police Department.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

E.Marquez wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:23 am
AF-Odin wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:18 am Agree with OG, probably a gang-banger ditching a gun used in a crime.
Or maybe not
An Ikea customer sat down on a couch, where his firearm fell out of his pants and got lodged in the piece of furniture. He got up from the couch and continued to walk around the store without realizing his gun was gone, according to Sgt. Tom Weger with Fisher Police Department.
Balderdash!

Would you not notice that your LDC was missing from your person? I would, I maintain an innocuous and constant contact with my eargensplitten loudenboomer. BTW, that should never happen to me in, of all places, an IKEA, no way.

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

Oldgringo wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:47 am
E.Marquez wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:23 am
Or maybe not
Balderdash!

Would you not notice that your LDC was missing from your person? I would, I maintain an innocuous and constant contact with my eargensplitten loudenboomer. BTW, that should never happen to me in, of all places, an IKEA, no way.
I always wear a holster that the chances of your weapon coming out on its own is pretty much impossible. Plan ahead it’s worth it. :tiphat:
Truth against the world

Allons

Post by Allons »

My EDC jabs me in the side because of my love handles so I will always know it's there.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Is the dancing FBI agent now hanging out at Ikea?

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

NNT

Post by NNT »

My edc does not jab or make me uncomfortable. It gets lost to feel just like my wallet. But just like my wallet, I confirm it is there every so often. When getting up from soft furniture I check for my knife, my keys, my wallet and my ccw.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

SewTexas wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:30 pm
Yes that's why I quit going there, no guns are allowed #GunFreeZonesKill

I like Organic, NON-GMO stuff, but I don't want to be a Free-Range-Target < (that can be read 2 ways FreeRange Target or Free RangeTarget ... either way, I don't want to be one)

Return to “Never Again!!”