Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

The Art of the Russian Mall Ninja

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Under the “do this, don’t do that” heading, here is some “don’t do that” stuff:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... all-ninja/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cs1021
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Art of the Russian Mall Ninja

Post by cs1021 »

What in the actual hell did I just watch :banghead:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

They're just jealous of Paul Blart.

Mall Ninja extraordinaire...

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Gecko45:
I do not understand the “joke” or the “Rambo.” I am in a high-risk job. It is not the Mall of America, but Ill tell you what its no podunk mall either.I am a responsible citizen who has made the choice to carry at all times. I defend others. If something happens at the Mall then I would be the hero, not those of you who are making fun of me for no reason. Yes Im not a Green Beret but guess what neither are you and unlike you I have to face unruly shoppers every day.My REAL problem is that, like any LEO, I have enemies because of my job. They may have access to high-powered rifles. My job starts and ends at the same time every day. Although I use four rotating routes to drive to and from work, I am still vulnerable during the walk to and from my car. This is the time that I load up on the trauma plates because I DO NOT WANT TO BE SHOT DEAD!Also, someone said that my Tac Team doesn’t get training. Not true. We meet at the range every night and shoot 400 rounds each through weapons that closely resemble our duty setup. We also practice unarmed combat. I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls. I don’t think any of you are working as hard as I am to be prepared. I asked a serious question about tactical armor and I wanted a serious response. If you want to laugh at somebody, try laughing at the sheep out there who go to the mall unarmed trusting in me to stand guiard over their lives like a God.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

And some people say that shooting pistol competition matches will get you "killed in the streets." I'll stick to USPSA. I find it more applicable to real life than this ... stuff.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Wow! I have to question the ninja bona fides, though. One of the first rules for a ninja is to be silent and undetected -- he committed a miserable fail on that one. Perhaps seppuku is in order, or then again maybe this video is his form of seppuku.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

BBYC wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 pm Gecko45:
I do not understand the “joke” or the “Rambo.” I am in a high-risk job. It is not the Mall of America, but Ill tell you what its no podunk mall either.I am a responsible citizen who has made the choice to carry at all times. I defend others. If something happens at the Mall then I would be the hero, not those of you who are making fun of me for no reason. Yes Im not a Green Beret but guess what neither are you and unlike you I have to face unruly shoppers every day.My REAL problem is that, like any LEO, I have enemies because of my job. They may have access to high-powered rifles. My job starts and ends at the same time every day. Although I use four rotating routes to drive to and from work, I am still vulnerable during the walk to and from my car. This is the time that I load up on the trauma plates because I DO NOT WANT TO BE SHOT DEAD!Also, someone said that my Tac Team doesn’t get training. Not true. We meet at the range every night and shoot 400 rounds each through weapons that closely resemble our duty setup. We also practice unarmed combat. I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls. I don’t think any of you are working as hard as I am to be prepared. I asked a serious question about tactical armor and I wanted a serious response. If you want to laugh at somebody, try laughing at the sheep out there who go to the mall unarmed trusting in me to stand guiard over their lives like a God.
Troll level 1000! It has been found!

I thought it was hilariously stupid ... and kinda reminded me of that Russia tactical stairs training video, lol.

Allons

Post by Allons »

If it came down to me having to roll around like that to survive, I'd shoot myself in the head.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Watching that reminded me of this scene:

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

AndyC wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:46 am That gave me cancer.
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

BBYC wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 pm Gecko45:
Praise Jesus! Somebody resurrected Gecko45 - the greatest blessing the Internet has ever known! :smilelol5:

I’ll have to go back and reread his stuff. I haven’t read it in a long time, but that was some of the most brilliant comedy ever.....intended or not. :lol:

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

:roll: :shock: :shock: :banghead: :smilelol5: :nono:

I'm sorry, I'm too old to do all of that rolling, shooting, sideways, and whatever other "ninja" moves I would have to learn to defend myself, or my loved ones. I may get shot, but I will be returning fire, in the manner, I have trained, and practiced. If I have to go through all those gyrations, it just won't happen. Get off of the X, stabilize my gun, squeeze the trigger. Maybe if I came up against, John Wick, I might resort to some of those moves, but my physical conditioning, would just make me look even sillier, than the guy in the video. ;-)
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

mayor

Post by mayor »

AndyC wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:46 am That gave me cancer.
It didn't give me cancer, but I watched it during lunch. What happened next was not pretty.

apostate

Post by apostate »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:15 pm
Praise Jesus! Somebody resurrected Gecko45 - the greatest blessing the Internet has ever known! :smilelol5:
:iagree: A classic from the Golden Age of the 'net.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”