TX: 3 Houston women murdered in less than 24 hours, possible serial killer

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 6

TX: 3 Houston women murdered in less than 24 hours, possible serial killer

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/3-ho ... n-hpd-says

This is crazy. Two women killed at separated mattress stores, just trying to earn a living.

RIP.

b4aftr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: 3 Houston women murdered in less than 24 hours, possible serial killer

Post by b4aftr »

One thing I’ve noticed is mattress stores around here are open late and minimally staffed, sometimes one. Never a good idea.

BSHII

Post by BSHII »

b4aftr wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:49 pm One thing I’ve noticed is mattress stores around here are open late and minimally staffed, sometimes one. Never a good idea.
Indeed. They may think it’s safe because those stores don’t generally keep much cash and mattresses aren’t really easy to steal and fence, but they aren’t accounting for animals who are out for something other than money.

dlh
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dlh »

Wonder if surveillance video exists---if so---maybe they should release it.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

dlh wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:05 pm Wonder if surveillance video exists---if so---maybe they should release it.
They obviously have a suspect, not sure what evidence they have, but it sounds like another case of a dangerous criminal being turned loose back on the streets. I would think the victims, or their family members would have a case against, whichever idiot, made the decision to release him. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

dlh wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:05 pm Wonder if surveillance video exists---if so---maybe they should release it.
I interviewed with one of the large chains here in Houston to be a “district manager”. At this specific chain, camera system was a absolute joke, only there to remotely see if a person was there. 1 employee at a time except on Fridays and Saturdays. No alarms, small hourly rate, money made on commission, there is a low price and you try to get what you can for the matress. Long hours, i feel bad for those people!

Expect for them to have a panic button from now on at least FYI!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Jusme wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:15 pm
They obviously have a suspect, not sure what evidence they have, but it sounds like another case of a dangerous criminal being turned loose back on the streets. I would think the victims, or their family members would have a case against, whichever idiot, made the decision to release him. JMHO
You hit it. Sex offender just out of prison on parole.

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Looks like 46 year old Jose Gilberto Rodriguez has been arrested in connection to these criminal acts.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/manh ... icials-say

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:08 pm
Jusme wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:15 pm
You hit it. Sex offender just out of prison on parole.
And cut off his ankle monitor.

Chardros

Post by Chardros »

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Very, VERY close to my home!
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I am glad they caught the guy. He negatively impacted a lot of lives in a very short time.

On the bright side, it seems HPD Chief Acevedo is now a proponent of concealed carry... I am not really counting on his ongoing support though. This from the article.

"We need the community to help us find this vehicle as soon as possible," Acevedo said.
He has a strong message for Rodriguez.
"If he’s hearing my voice, we’re coming for you," Acevedo said. "Best thing he can do is turn himself in before he gets himself hurt or anybody else. We are in the state of Texas as you all know, (people have) got a lot of CHLs (Concealed handgun licenses)." 
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Middle Age Russ wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:25 am I am glad they caught the guy. He negatively impacted a lot of lives in a very short time.

On the bright side, it seems HPD Chief Acevedo is now a proponent of concealed carry... I am not really counting on his ongoing support though. This from the article.

"We need the community to help us find this vehicle as soon as possible," Acevedo said.
He has a strong message for Rodriguez.
"If he’s hearing my voice, we’re coming for you," Acevedo said. "Best thing he can do is turn himself in before he gets himself hurt or anybody else. We are in the state of Texas as you all know, (people have) got a lot of CHLs (Concealed handgun licenses)." 
Sounds to me like Acevedo was more worried about the criminal getting hurt than anything else. :roll:

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Sounds to me like Acevedo was more worried about the criminal getting hurt than anything else.
You may be right. There are different ways his statement can be taken. He certainly acknowledges that CHL (LTC) might have an impact, but he doesn't really state that the impact would be good or bad. I know he is generally against any form of armed citizens, and his statement -- neutral as it was but still mentioning CHL -- struck me as out of character.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

ELB

Post by ELB »

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/houst ... 081137.php
With the stacked sentences, he wasn't let out on parole until September 2017, according to online records. It wasn't the parole board's decision to release him, [TDCJ spokesman Jeremy] Desel stressed. Given the amount of time he'd served, the state had to release him by law. He was scheduled to be under parole supervision until 2023.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “The Crime Blotter”