Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Rubicon
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by Rubicon »

The greatest trick the deep state ever pulled was convincing the world it didn't exist.
the die is cast

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149

Post by philbo »

G26ster wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:58 pm
philbo wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:26 pm Even Fox news is not on the same page. Now that's entertainment.

AWKWARD! Watch Sean Hannity Keep Getting Corrected By Shep Smith In New Supercut
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sh ... 5c73d7fd0e
At least Hannity admits he's not a news reporter, but is a commentator. Smith claims to be a news reporter and not a commentator, but his so called newscasts are filled with obvious digs, foul facial expressions, bursts of righteous ignitation, etc.against Trump. Yeah, some unbiased newsman. :roll:
Added:
I know that in a Liberal utopia, all MUST agree. No differing opinions or views allowed...
The issue is that trump and friends are now making major misrepresentations, if not outright lies, on a daily basis. This is not a matter of differing opinions or viewpoints any longer. The only question is if trump actually believes what he is saying, or merely whipping up the base of simple thinkers for support and/or distraction.

I find it humorous that you state that liberals require that all MUST agree.... yet judging from this thread it is something you and your friends require as well since when someone disagrees, you do your utmost to shout them down and make personal attacks rather than accept a "difference of opinion". Maybe your a liberal too?

G26ster
Posts in topic: 42

Post by G26ster »

philbo wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:26 pm
G26ster wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:58 pm
philbo wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:26 pm Even Fox news is not on the same page. Now that's entertainment.

AWKWARD! Watch Sean Hannity Keep Getting Corrected By Shep Smith In New Supercut
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sh ... 5c73d7fd0e
At least Hannity admits he's not a news reporter, but is a commentator. Smith claims to be a news reporter and not a commentator, but his so called newscasts are filled with obvious digs, foul facial expressions, bursts of righteous ignitation, etc.against Trump. Yeah, some unbiased newsman. :roll:
Added:
I know that in a Liberal utopia, all MUST agree. No differing opinions or views allowed...
The issue is that trump and friends are now making major misrepresentations, if not outright lies, on a daily basis. This is not a matter of differing opinions or viewpoints any longer. The only question is if trump actually believes what he is saying, or merely whipping up the base of simple thinkers for support and/or distraction.

I find it humorous that you state that liberals require that all MUST agree.... yet judging from this thread it is something you and your friends require as well since when someone disagrees, you do your utmost to shout them down and make personal attacks rather than accept a "difference of opinion". Maybe your a liberal too?
Not shouting anyone down. Just pointing out that Hannity makes no bones about being a commentator and not a reporter. Smith on the other hand claims to be a reporter, but he shows his bias by constant negative Trump comments, angry or disusted facial expressions, etc. during his news program. These are the undeniable facts I pointed out. Tell me where I shouted anyone down, or personally attacked you.

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

Rubicon wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:15 pm The greatest trick the deep state ever pulled was convincing the world it didn't exist.
I am amazed at the mental gymnastics required to believe that a deep state exists with no proof, and at the same time call the russia probe a hoax even though Mueller's team has charged four Americans once affiliated with Trump's campaign or administration, 13 Russian nationals, 12 Russian intelligence officers, three Russian companies, and two other people sine May 2017. Russia interfered in the 2016 election and continues to be an ongoing problem in the midterms according to all of trump's people... except for trump himself of course.

Rubicon
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rubicon »

And gun control reduces crime. :roll:
the die is cast

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

G26ster wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:38 pmNot shouting anyone down. Just pointing out that Hannity makes no bones about being a commentator and not a reporter. Smith on the other hand claims to be a reporter, but he shows his bias by constant negative Trump comments, angry or disusted facial expressions, etc. during his news program. These are the undeniable facts I pointed out. Tell me where I shouted anyone down, or personally attacked you.
Constant negative trump comments... that must be when someone points out that trump is making things up again without proof? Maybe if trump didn't lie every day he wouldn't be on the receiving end of such "negative" comments on a daily basis. Let's face it, trump lies daily about things both insignificant and important. Yet if one points it out they must be liberals.... not just someone unwilling to buy yet another conspiracy theory with a straight face.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

philbo wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:08 pm
G26ster wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:38 pmNot shouting anyone down. Just pointing out that Hannity makes no bones about being a commentator and not a reporter. Smith on the other hand claims to be a reporter, but he shows his bias by constant negative Trump comments, angry or disusted facial expressions, etc. during his news program. These are the undeniable facts I pointed out. Tell me where I shouted anyone down, or personally attacked you.
Constant negative trump comments... that must be when someone points out that trump is making things up again without proof? Maybe if trump didn't lie every day he wouldn't be on the receiving end of such "negative" comments on a daily basis. Let's face it, trump lies daily about things both insignificant and important. Yet if one points it out they must be liberals.... not just someone unwilling to buy yet another conspiracy theory with a straight face.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

G26ster
Posts in topic: 42

Post by G26ster »

philbo wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:08 pm
You didn't answer my questions, and I'll add, show me where I called you a liberal. My comment about liberals was a general one and represents my opinion. So you think if Trump quit lying as you say, no one on the liberal side would be calling him a racist, traitor, homophobe, anti woman, and overall digusting human being? Sure, it's a well known fact that politicians never lie about anything of course, so im sure that would be the case.

When one conservative yelled, "you lie" to Obama, he was crucified by the left and the media. Now it's perfectly ok to call Trump a liar by the left, and they are cheered on by the media. When Bush relied on U.S. and worldwide intelligence prior to the Iraq invasion, supported by the left, and was shown to be wrong, he too was crucified by he left and they were cheered on by the media. But if Trump dares to question U.S. intelligence, he is crucified by the left and by the media.

If you truly believe that the bias is unreal, then tell me why not a single television media source, except Fox news, and ABC (24 seconds), covered the arrival ceremony in Hawaii, where the Vice President spoke, of the remains of (hopefully) 55 MIA from the Korean War were returned. What a dishonor to our military and those families. I believe it wasn't covered because it was brokered by Trump, and there is no way they'd give him credit for anything.

bbhack
Posts in topic: 52

Post by bbhack »

The WaPo Trump "lie" blog collection is full of things like this. Maybe I'll find the time to "debunk" (ridicule) them one by one, but probably not. If you know what a non sequitur is, pass go and collect $200.
uselect192.jpg
Please realize that this is a complete, 100% unadulterated non sequitur. Morons quote this and take it seriously. Not normal people.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by spectre »

bbhack wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:28 am The WaPo Trump "lie" blog collection is full of things like this. Maybe I'll find the time to "debunk" (ridicule) them one by one, but probably not. If you know what a non sequitur is, pass go and collect $200.

uselect192.jpg

Please realize that this is a complete, 100% unadulterated non sequitur. Morons quote this and take it seriously. Not normal people.
Is WaPo saying crime rates are up in Mexico because more Mexicans are returning to Mexico? :lol:
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

spectre wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:12 pm
bbhack wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:28 am The WaPo Trump "lie" blog collection is full of things like this. Maybe I'll find the time to "debunk" (ridicule) them one by one, but probably not. If you know what a non sequitur is, pass go and collect $200.

uselect192.jpg

Is WaPo saying crime rates are up in Mexico because more Mexicans are returning to Mexico? :lol:
Yes, there should be an error tone that automatically sounds whenever anyone uses a non sequitur, or "spin". So many politicians do this to respond to tough questions.

Bbhack, I'm aware of Trump's tweet as shown but have not seen that WaPo Fact Checker response to it - where did you find it?
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

bbhack
Posts in topic: 52

Post by bbhack »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 49a1ebb497

Here's another one.
uselect193.jpg
The Politico piece, written before Trump won the nomination, does not prove or make clear that he sought the Koch's endorsement. Wanting to purchase analytics and wanting to speak at an event does not make the case. Once again, the liar (or fake news provider) is the opposite party.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:44 pm https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/01/us/p ... qanon.html

More on QAnon from NYT.

They are dangerous conspiracy therorists who are on line as opposed to Antifa who is on the street physically beating up actual people.

These QAnon think that the deep state and things like pedophilia actually exist and they support Trump and show up at rallies and have signs. They are people the public needs to fear.
http://thehill.com/policy/technology/40 ... pose-qanon

QAnon the group I have never heard of, that showed up at a Trump rally with signs that said "Q" now has had Anonymous declare war on them.

Its kind of like when Anthony Bourdain died and all of a sudden Snoopes had a thing saying the Clinton's didn't do it. When I didn't know that anyone was saying they did.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/antho ... peratives/

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:29 pm
philip964 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:44 pm https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/01/us/p ... qanon.html

More on QAnon from NYT.

They are dangerous conspiracy therorists who are on line as opposed to Antifa who is on the street physically beating up actual people.

These QAnon think that the deep state and things like pedophilia actually exist and they support Trump and show up at rallies and have signs. They are people the public needs to fear.
http://thehill.com/policy/technology/40 ... pose-qanon

QAnon the group I have never heard of, that showed up at a Trump rally with signs that said "Q" now has had Anonymous declare war on them.

Its kind of like when Anthony Bourdain died and all of a sudden Snoopes had a thing saying the Clinton's didn't do it. When I didn't know that anyone was saying they did.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/antho ... peratives/

Good, one crack-pot group targeting another crack-pot group!! At least they will be staying busy, I just hate it when nuts, have too much free time on their hands. :roll:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

BBYC
Posts in topic: 28

Post by BBYC »

City of West Hollywood calls for Trump Walk of Fame star to be removed
The resolution to request the removal of Trump's star's was unanimously adopted by the West Hollywood City Council but is not legally binding as the city has no jurisdiction over the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Return to “Off-Topic”