Oh the Irony

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Oh the Irony

Post by jason812 »

I understand Ted was angry after the primaries and I can imagine publicly what Trump will say if he does come to Texas to campaign for Cruz, but I would love to hear what is said in private. I would think Trump will want more public support from Cruz in return for his help. Ted has been awfully quiet the last year and a half. The article claims that Cruz has had regular communications with the White House and that maybe true.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/p ... 138353.php
U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz has asked President Donald Trump to come to Texas to campaign for him.

During a campaign stop in Seguin late Monday, Cruz said he has reached out to his former rival for the White House to help him with his re-election effort against Democrat Beto O’Rourke

“I would certainly welcome his support, and I hope to see him in Texas,” Cruz said, standing outside the Dixie Grill in Seguin. “I think we are likely to see the president down in Texas before the election.”
I was angry with Cruz for his actions during the convention 2 years ago but, he hasn't obstructed the President like others in his party.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

montgomery

Re: Oh the Irony

Post by montgomery »

They carried on like bosom buddies at the NRA Dallas Forum in May. Trump even called him his good friend Ted.Ted's applause were significantly and noticeably louder and longer than Trump's - Trump laughed at it. If that is any indicator, they are past the dirty business of the primaries.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Yeah, but where the hack is Ted? Not very visible as far as I can tell. That metro-sexual Beto character is everywhere. SIgns all over, robocalls, text messages, and still no Ted. I question his desire for another term and wonder if he is about to throw Texas under the scooby van?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:22 am Yeah, but where the hack is Ted? Not very visible as far as I can tell. That metro-sexual Beto character is everywhere. SIgns all over, robocalls, text messages, and still no Ted. I question his desire for another term and wonder if he is about to throw Texas under the scooby van?
Have you donated any money to Ted so he can get his message out? Democrats appear to want a Democartic Texas senator more than Republicans want a Republican one , because they are throwing lots of money into Beto's campaign.
USAF 1982-2005

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

ELB wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:26 am
Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:22 am Yeah, but where the hack is Ted? Not very visible as far as I can tell. That metro-sexual Beto character is everywhere. SIgns all over, robocalls, text messages, and still no Ted. I question his desire for another term and wonder if he is about to throw Texas under the scooby van?
Have you donated any money to Ted so he can get his message out? Democrats appear to want a Democartic Texas senator more than Republicans want a Republican one , because they are throwing lots of money into Beto's campaign.
Beto's money is coming from NY and CA, along with the DNCC. Outside money isn't flowing into Cruz, because the GOP sees other races that are much tighter than this one. They are treating it as a "safe" race.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

ELB wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:26 am
Yes, have you? :waiting:
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Oh yes. Judging by all the emails, I'm Ted's best friend.
USAF 1982-2005

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

ELB wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:22 pm Oh yes. Judging by all the emails, I'm Ted's best friend.
Well, it appears that he needs one! I truly am concerned that he does not appear to be campaigning to win.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

I think Cruz is better off without Trump coming to Texas to stump. I think it would increase voter turnout for Beto by never-Trumpers and NMPers more than anything else.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Return to “Federal”