private property and the police

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 7

private property and the police

Post by powerboatr »

We live in a gated community and the local sheriff has his hands tied as not legally being able to be on the property and effect good old fashioned investigating of our 5 drug dealers/makers. We have provided detailed routes, video, days of deliveries, tag numbers, addresses outside our community they deliver to regulatory, everything except package weight
we have tried all kinds of work around, he will send deputies for domestic violence and arrest folks (which have been the drug dealers) .
so i have been searching for a state statute that prevents his ability to help us. We want to petition the state legislators to fix or amend the rule so we can have our tax dollars we pay for police protection to actually provide this.

any help would be most appreciated.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: private property and the police

Post by Bitter Clinger »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:48 pm We live in a gated community and the local sheriff has his hands tied as not legally being able to be on the property and effect good old fashioned investigating of our 5 drug dealers/makers. We have provided detailed routes, video, days of deliveries, tag numbers, addresses outside our community they deliver to regulatory, everything except package weight
we have tried all kinds of work around, he will send deputies for domestic violence and arrest folks (which have been the drug dealers) .
so i have been searching for a state statute that prevents his ability to help us. We want to petition the state legislators to fix or amend the rule so we can have our tax dollars we pay for police protection to actually provide this.

any help would be most appreciated.
Not aware of any such law. Police are allowed into our gated community without exception. Have you considered hiring the Sheriff to patrol when off-duty?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Vol Texan »

Some good discussion on this is found here: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=90675
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

flechero

Post by flechero »

With all that info, they should be able to wait outside the gate and pick them up on schedule.

Leo's seem to have no trouble getting warrants to go inside homes... I can't imagine a HOA has any more power.

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 7

Post by powerboatr »

we ran into complete road blocks with county .
things have changed since my first post about it. but we still have the drugs coming and going. they are so brazen they stop in the street and hand drugs through to the other car..we have video ...
and the main delivery car was broke down for days alongside the state highway..i called it in, along with others in our group...no police ever came out to look at it

we feel a crime is a crime...understand they can flash in for imminent danger of a person. But isnt making meth an imminent danger?
this is why now we are looking to be a pain to our two state reps. Our sheriff now acts like he wants to help..but cant.
every-time we ask the actual statute i get the crazy looks, like we are not supposed to know..
best news was monday the dealer got in a fight with his spouse and they beat each other pretty bad, so they were arrested and carted off.
still trying to figure out who called 911. it would have been better if they had just killed each other.
in 2006 when we moved here, the deputies were out here all the time enforcing laws..its very irritating to say the least
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I would assume the streets have been turned over to the city/county for maintenance. If so, then the neighborhood is not private property. Even if not, you, as a homeowner in the development have the right to give them permission to enter the neighborhood. Sounds like the Sheriff is just looking for an excuse to not follow-up on the issues.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

rotor

Post by rotor »

I at one time owned a house in a gated community and until your post I did not know that the police might not respond to calls. There is a site of a private attorney that seems to specialize in this..
http://www.jgradyrandlepc.com/local-gov ... cal-guide/
Perhaps a consultation would be worthwhile.

There must be a solution here otherwise every drug ring in Texas would be based in gated communities. It would seem that LEO can enter the property with a search warrant as they can enter a private home with one. Sounds like the old west and you need to hire a marshal.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Devil’s advocate asks if perhaps the sheriff is on the drug dealers’ payroll?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:52 pm Devil’s advocate asks if perhaps the sheriff is on the drug dealers’ payroll?
I had had the same thought. Time to call in DPS or the Rangers.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Keith B wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:19 pm I would assume the streets have been turned over to the city/county for maintenance. If so, then the neighborhood is not private property. Even if not, you, as a homeowner in the development have the right to give them permission to enter the neighborhood. Sounds like the Sheriff is just looking for an excuse to not follow-up on the issues.
I live in a small neighborhood and we almost gated it off. If we did that, the neighborhood would be responsible for sewer, lights and road maintenance. This is in Houston though, I don’t know if it different city by city.

In a side note, I checked out Beto’s website to check out his stance on issues. He is calling for an end of the “war on drugs”. Perhaps your LEO is a Beto fan? :evil2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Who maintains the roads? Maybe they need more evidence in order to make an arrest such as proof of what is in the packages or pictures of their manufacturing setup. Coming and going isn't illegal. They could be working on getting an undercover to make a buy.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

TreyHouston wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:37 pm
Keith B wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:19 pm I would assume the streets have been turned over to the city/county for maintenance. If so, then the neighborhood is not private property. Even if not, you, as a homeowner in the development have the right to give them permission to enter the neighborhood. Sounds like the Sheriff is just looking for an excuse to not follow-up on the issues.
I live in a small neighborhood and we almost gated it off. If we did that, the neighborhood would be responsible for sewer, lights and road maintenance. This is in Houston though, I don’t know if it different city by city.

In a side note, I checked out Beto’s website to check out his stance on issues. He is calling for an end of the “war on drugs”. Perhaps your LEO is a Beto fan? :evil2:
In our gated comunity, we are responsible for road maintenance, but not lights or storm drainage - in any event that is immaterial to the OP's question / issue. We do not maintain our own law enforcement (!), we call 911 and the Dallas Police respond appropriately according to the seriousness of the reported incident. Something appears to be fishy in Quitman.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Allons

Post by Allons »

Call the FBI field office. If they have that much traffic then they probably have enough over there for a federal charge.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Allons wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:27 pm Call the FBI field office. If they have that much traffic then they probably have enough over there for a federal charge.
DEA? Unless Felonia Von Pantsuit is hiding her 3rd email server there!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Any kids in the house? If not, gasoline and a match might work. Jk, maybe. :biggrinjester: I would definitely call dps or the rangers. No way I would want any fed alphabet agency running around my house. Sounds like the sheriff in our county growing up. Every election year there was always a major pot bust but no arrests. Almost as if he was in on it.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “Off-Topic”