The Latest: Documents: Man training kids for school shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Latest: Documents: Man training kids for school shooting

Post by PriestTheRunner »

jonmo1 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:37 pm They let em out on bail, while Paul Manafort remains in jail accused of non violent crimes.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/13/ho ... ining.html
Man this country is getting so backwards... We let an active terrorist out on bail... :banghead:

Allons
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Allons »

By letting him out on bail, I'm guessing they hope he'll continue with his plan. That way it's just another call for our guns.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I just hope, the judges actions don't come back to haunt her. These people, have already shown, their willingness, to attack, innocents, and there is no way of knowing, if they still have access, to weapons. They don't need guns, they bombed the Boston marathon, with items available, at any hardware store. Nor will, "ankle monitors" guarantee, that, they won't flee. This is in New Mexico, and there is a lot of remote areas, that have no law enforcement. You would think, that just the idea, of abusing children, would be enough to hold most people, but that doesn't fit the leftist agenda.

:banghead: :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

jason812

Post by jason812 »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/13/ho ... ining.html
Wahhaj is the son of a Brooklyn imam, also named Siraj Wahhaj, who was named by prosecutors as an unindicted co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the New York Post reported. The elder Wahhaj, who heads Masjid At-Taqwa mosque, was a character witness in the trial for Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, the notorious “blind sheikh” who was convicted in 1995 of plotting terror attacks in the U.S.
Yeah, this guy is in no way a flight risk or a danger to society.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

jason812 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:27 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:58 pm
The compound from the air looked like a fort. Police said they were trying to avoid a Waco.
Obviously not a federal agency. We know how they like to shoot or burn citizens.
Especially when there's a religious angle.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Another Bad Judge!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

The treatment of their kids is abhorable, I am not following the case closely. However, aren't they supposed to be innocent until convicted in a court of law?
If they are ISIS followers, take the kids away, lock them up and throw the key away.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Beiruty wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:01 pm The treatment of their kids is abhorable, I am not following the case closely. However, aren't they supposed to be innocent until convicted in a court of law?
If they are ISIS followers, take the kids away, lock them up and throw the key away.
Yes but putting them out on bail is an inexcusable risk. If there was evidence that anyone was actively planning a terrorist attack, I would fully expect them to have 'reasonable bail' denied as there is no level of bond that can guarantee and secure the safety of the people among that element of crime.

philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Post by philip964 »

Judge is being guarded with 200 death threats.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 pm Judge is being guarded with 200 death threats.
But the question remains who is guarding society from these monsters?
New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez said she "strongly disagreed" with the outcome of the hearing, stating "Unfortunately, it highlights how extreme the New Mexico Supreme Court has been in dictating pretrial release for all kinds of dangerous criminals."
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Paladin wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:56 am
philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 pm Judge is being guarded with 200 death threats.
But the question remains who is guarding society from these monsters?
New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez said she "strongly disagreed" with the outcome of the hearing, stating "Unfortunately, it highlights how extreme the New Mexico Supreme Court has been in dictating pretrial release for all kinds of dangerous criminals."
I don't know who is guarding soiciety from these monsters, but I do know who is guarding my family and myself; Jesus is. He has delegate much of that job and authority to me and my M&P. :patriot: :txflag:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

Paladin wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:56 am
Guess the Governor is regretting her decision to appoint this judge to the bench. Perhaps she should have vetted Judge Backus more carefully before putting her in that position.
Backus has a history of issuing low bail to violent offenders, according to Fox. Last month, she set a $10,000 bond for Rafael Orozco, a 24-year-old Taos man accused of battering his girlfriend, his newborn child and a health care worker at Holy Cross Hospital in September 2016.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ELB

Post by ELB »

Looks like the authorities ripped up the "compound" pretty good:

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vi ... 25?v=railb
USAF 1982-2005

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

new mexico does not surprise me at all. as a one time guest in the santa rosa lock up, due to an expired TRO (long story). The county jail was full of non serious crime offenders, vagrancy, painting railway cars, out downtown after 1 am, plus a few dui's and MJ arrests. and of course the meth heads who got methadone every 4 hrs and as much as wanted to eat. guards playing wrestle mania with guests, cameras inop or aimed at a wall up high.
night court was a joke. food sucked, water was undrinkable...but all they wanted was guests to be there after 12A so county got money from state for guests, then they let you bail out at 2am. but yet charged state for a full day of care.

best part was they dropped you off downtown at 2am at the police station. Of course no cabs anywhere and rail and bus services not available.
so if your ride was not there.....the unlucky ones got arrested again for being in downtown after curfew...real never ending circle.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

Compound razed to the ground
https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/ama ... d/5032216/

Another odd piece of this story.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “The Crime Blotter”