NY governor: America was never that great

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

NY governor: America was never that great

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08 ... great.html
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo may have just handed Republicans a ready-made campaign ad for his rumored 2020 presidential bid – by declaring Wednesday that America “was never that great.”
I despise east coast liberals more than any others.
Smug arrogant....well I can’t say the words here
that I feel about his ilk.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NY governor: America was never that great

Post by OneGun »

Governor Cuomo has no idea what living in a despicable country is like. He should leave for North Korea.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Allons

Post by Allons »

There are hundreds of flights leaving daily from New York to other countries. :patriot:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Yeah but what about Stormy Daniels and Omarosa....and collusion and stuff. And you don’t need more than 7 bullets in a clip for hunting deah.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Allons wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:35 pm There are hundreds of flights leaving daily from New York to other countries. :patriot:
This!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Allons wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:35 pm There are hundreds of flights leaving daily from New York to other countries. :patriot:
:iagree:
I recommend Venezuela
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

The people in New York City may like him but the folks in Upstate New York have a different opinion. I was at a manufacturing facility in Upstate New York for factory acceptance testing of equipment my former employer was purchasing early last year. I needed to make a restroom break and smiled at the "Cuomo Aiming Point (his picture)" in the urinal. The vast majority of the folks in New York State wish New York City would float off into the Atlantic Ocean never to be heard from again and that Cuomo would go along for the trip.

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

what would he know about America, he lives in NYC - isn't that a crowded third world banana (apple?) republic?
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Throwing off the yoke of a monarchy.
Lighting a candle of freedom and keeping it burning for more than 200 years.
Electing its government by and for its citizens.
Promoting freedom and democracy across the world.
Making the sea safe for travelers and trade.
Fighting a war to end slavery.
Fighting a war to end world conquest and domination by the most evil men the world had ever seen.
After victory not taking tribute, slaves or land but helping those defeated enemies achieve freedom and prosperity.
Founding a world organization to promote world peace through dialogue.
Giving the world some of the greatest inventions ever seen.
Being the first to explore space and doing it without claiming the new lands discovered for itself.

Name another country or people who have done more.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

ghostrider wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:24 pm what would he know about America, he lives in NYC - isn't that a crowded third world banana (apple?) republic?
I think he lives in Albany or nearby.?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Says the guy that is the Governor of the state that contains the Financial Capital of the World. What a maroon.
Psalm 91:2

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philbo »

philip964 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:43 pm .... Name another country or people who have done more.
I'm proud of my country, not blinded by homilies that white wash the truth and do little more than promote a false patriotism based on an interpretation that isn't warranted. Be proud, be patriotic, don't be blind to the past that brought us here.

Rome 509 BC; England 1649; France 1792

Rome for 400 years; Declaration of the rights of man - 1789 France; Bill of Rights -1689 England

Roman Republic; France after 1789; England 1832; France 1789 (Depends on who can be counted a citizen - Landowners? Women? Freed slaves?)

Ancient Greece/Athens & the Roman Republic (their influence outlived their republics) ; Great Britain; France. But, we're not in the nation building business much these days it seems.

When? US was not a true sea power until WWII; Prior to that France, Spain and England controlled the seas thru the 19th century.

Most didn't have to fight a war. Modern countries only? Spain 1811; Mexico 1829; Britain 1772; France 1315; US was way behind the curve on this one and the fact it took a civil war is not something to be especially proud of.

Fighting a war to end world conquest and domination by the most evil men the world had ever seen
You'll have to be more specific, but if you're thinking WWII - then all allied powers.

After victory not taking tribute, slaves or land but helping those defeated enemies achieve freedom and prosperity.
Again, specifics needed, but the US was actively involved in conquest through much of the 19th & 20th century both internally and abroad.

League of Nations? US didn't join. United Nations? The Atlantic Charter (1941) in which the US was one of 26 nations pledged to fight the Axis powers served as a corner stone for the UN which followed the end of WWII.

Across all of time? probably those places with the longest periods of culture. China was hundreds if not thousands of years ahead of Europe. Greece and Rome, England, France.... kinda broad here, I guess it would depend on how you wanted to define greatest. The US has been a great source of innovation, but much of what we have accomplished comes from standing on the shoulders of other individuals and nations.

Being the first to explore space and doing it without claiming the new lands discovered for itself.
Soviet Union/Russia was first in Space. No one has laid claim on anything in space thanks to a treaty signed in 1967 by more than 60 nations, including the US.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

I can't blame him. NYC is the world center of finance and culture, but it has lost many if the things that make America great. People whose worldview is limited to a tiny city (and whose massive arrogance prevents them from seeing that ignorance as a limitation) lack the perspective required to grasp real economic and political climates.

If that's his opinion now, wait until economic correction erases the wealth disparity that forces the rest of the US to feed NYC's finance machine. He'll probably be publicly pining for Stalinist Russia.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

philbo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:06 am
philip964 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:43 pm .... Name another country or people who have done more.
I'm proud of my country, not blinded by homilies that white wash the truth and do little more than promote a false patriotism based on an interpretation that isn't warranted. Be proud, be patriotic, don't be blind to the past that brought us here.

Rome for 400 years; Declaration of the rights of man - 1789 France; Bill of Rights -1689 England

Roman Republic; France after 1789; England 1832; France 1789 (Depends on who can be counted a citizen - Landowners? Women? Freed slaves?)

Ancient Greece/Athens & the Roman Republic (their influence outlived their republics) ; Great Britain; France. But, we're not in the nation building business much these days it seems.

When? US was not a true sea power until WWII; Prior to that France, Spain and England controlled the seas thru the 19th century.

Most didn't have to fight a war. Modern countries only? Spain 1811; Mexico 1829; Britain 1772; France 1315; US was way behind the curve on this one and the fact it took a civil war is not something to be especially proud of.

Fighting a war to end world conquest and domination by the most evil men the world had ever seen
You'll have to be more specific, but if you're thinking WWII - then all allied powers.

Again, specifics needed, but the US was actively involved in conquest through much of the 19th & 20th century both internally and abroad.

League of Nations? US didn't join. United Nations? The Atlantic Charter (1941) in which the US was one of 26 nations pledged to fight the Axis powers served as a corner stone for the UN which followed the end of WWII.

Across all of time? probably those places with the longest periods of culture. China was hundreds if not thousands of years ahead of Europe. Greece and Rome, England, France.... kinda broad here, I guess it would depend on how you wanted to define greatest. The US has been a great source of innovation, but much of what we have accomplished comes from standing on the shoulders of other individuals and nations.

Soviet Union/Russia was first in Space. No one has laid claim on anything in space thanks to a treaty signed in 1967 by more than 60 nations, including the US.
This is the most denigrating post that I think I have ever seen on this forum, especially:
"The US has been a great source of innovation, but much of what we have accomplished comes from standing on the shoulders of other individuals and nations".
Hundreds of thousands of our people died helping restore freedoms to many of those same places you brought up, including Rome, England, and France. Then we provided trillions of $ ever since to restore and maintain their very existence. Some have reverted in spite of our help and because they have no appreciation for what we did. I served in several stinkholes of the world and now you say I/we were standing on there shoulders.

Your post sounds like Barack Obama in apologizing for United States' greatness and aids George Soros in trying to tear us apart.
N5PNZ

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

2farnorth wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:10 am
philbo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:06 am

This is the most denigrating post that I think I have ever seen on this forum, especially:
"The US has been a great source of innovation, but much of what we have accomplished comes from standing on the shoulders of other individuals and nations".
Hundreds of thousands of our people died helping restore freedoms to many of those same places you brought up, including Rome, England, and France. Then we provided trillions of $ ever since to restore and maintain their very existence. Some have reverted in spite of our help and because they have no appreciation for what we did. I served in several stinkholes of the world and now you say I/we were standing on there shoulders.

Your post sounds like Barack Obama in apologizing for United States' greatness and aids George Soros in trying to tear us apart.

AMEN111

There are also several flights leaving Texas airports everyday, or just get on a bus, and head south!! Really? You think that the Romans, were a great democratic republic? Ask a few folks from Massad, how they feel about the Romans.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”