CONCEALED VS OPEN LAW

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TEXSON
Posts in topic: 2

CONCEALED VS OPEN LAW

Post by TEXSON »

SINCE LTC BECAME THE "NEW" LAW - AND SPECIFICALLY STATES HOW ( HOLSTERED ) TO CARRY - WHERE ARE THE CONCEALED CARRY "RULES" ? WHAT MAKES IT LEGAL TO CARRY IN A POCKET OR A LADY'S PURSE ? DOES THE LAW SAY CONCEALED HAS TO BE HOLSTERED ?
NEW TO THE FORUM AND HAVE NEVER FOUND A DEFINITIVE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION .

TomS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CONCEALED VS OPEN LAW

Post by TomS »

IMHO There are no restrictions implied on concealed carry. Open carry implies a holstered weapon as not to violate the intentionally brandish rule.

I am not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, but that’s my take on the subject.
Last edited by TomS on Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

TEXSON wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:23 am SINCE LTC BECAME THE "NEW" LAW - AND SPECIFICALLY STATES HOW ( HOLSTERED ) TO CARRY - WHERE ARE THE CONCEALED CARRY "RULES" ? WHAT MAKES IT LEGAL TO CARRY IN A POCKET OR A LADY'S PURSE ? DOES THE LAW SAY CONCEALED HAS TO BE HOLSTERED ?
No need to yell! Remember concealed is concealed, if it is hard to understand then I don't know what to tell you.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Weather concealed or open carried, the only safe way to carry is in a holster to protect the trigger from a negligent discharge.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:08 pm Weather concealed or open carried, the only safe way to carry is in a holster to protect the trigger from a negligent discharge.
Depends on what you carry.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

TEXSON wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:23 am SINCE LTC BECAME THE "NEW" LAW - AND SPECIFICALLY STATES HOW ( HOLSTERED ) TO CARRY - WHERE ARE THE CONCEALED CARRY "RULES" ? WHAT MAKES IT LEGAL TO CARRY IN A POCKET OR A LADY'S PURSE ? DOES THE LAW SAY CONCEALED HAS TO BE HOLSTERED ?
www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms/Forms/LTC-16.pdf

HTH

Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:08 pm Weather concealed or open carried, the only safe way to carry is in a holster to protect the trigger from a negligent discharge.
I have trouble carrying wet weather like rain or sleet in holster whether concealed or open.... :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

bigtek wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:56 pm
www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms/Forms/LTC-16.pdf

HTH

The "rules" are don't violate Texas PC 46.02 Unlawful Carrying of Weapons, when concealing and carrying weapons. Mainly that means have a license or other 46.15 exception while carrying. :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

If it can be seen it has to be in a belt or shoulder holster. If it can't be seen there are no rules.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
TEXSON

Post by TEXSON »

Thanks Jay Morris - that's the response I was looking for

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”