Incident with aggressor after facebook post.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
big454
Posts in topic: 6

Incident with aggressor after facebook post.

Post by big454 »

Ok, I just want to see what you guys and gals have to say about this incident that happened about 2 weeks ago. I know I kind of dropped the ball by not reporting it to the police but I think I was good in the way I actually handled the guy that was being the aggressor. I posted in a local facebook page about certain issues that involved people within our small community . These people had been arrested in a different town because they apparently had been burglarizing vehicles and were caught . I let our community know about this. Well, all of a sudden a guy started posting about me needing to be careful what I post because I could end up getting hurt. I took it lightly at first but then he stated that he was headed towards my home , he knew where I lived as this is a small town. I had some of my tools and equipment outside so I went outside . Still not believing he really is going to show up I stated to him how dumb he was to actually make threats on social media. Then I see this guy in a dark blue maybe black truck on the side street on a stop . He just let his truck idle there . He had his passenger window lowered and I asked him if he needed something. He did not answer but started making threats on that facebook page. I stated back to him , if you come unto my property I will do what I need to do to stop the threat. Eventually he drove off but kept on making threats. I started thinking , if he had actually gotten off the truck and come towards my property . I would have displayed my weapon in a defensive manner to warn him to keep back. He had stated already on social media that he had a "defender" with him. Then for sure I would have called 911 . But I kind of felt that because he drove off without getting off the situation kind of diffused itself . But I am thinking I should probably make a report anyway to be on the safe side. What say you about this incident?
Last edited by big454 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Incident with aggressor after facebook post.

Post by crazy2medic »

Definitely file a police report! Just in case there are any future incidents, this guy sounds unhinged!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

jar

Post by jar »

And his license number was ...?

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Make a report NOW.

The first to call is the complainant and victim, the second to call is the dude getting linked up
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

E.Marquez wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:17 am Make a report NOW.

The first to call is the complainant and victim, the second to call is the dude getting linked up
And stop escalating by engaging him on Farcebook
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

This is why I don't use my real name on social media.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Each of the above recommendations are good. I also don't suppose you took any pictures of him sitting there in his truck as proof that he was there after making the threats and stating that he knew where you lived? Or actual video with audio of you speaking to him so he can't say that you said something you didn't?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Abandon FB - It's not in your best interest to use it...

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Facebook is for your public face.

Even commenting on a pro gun Facebook friends post ends up being sent to every anti gun friend you have.

Commenting on a pro Trump friends post gets sent to every anti Trump friend you have even though it’s not posted to your page.

Find a friendly forum where you can post what you really think.

Small towns have their advantages, but anonymity is not one.

Topic author
big454

Post by big454 »

My wife was a witness to this , as she was outside as well. The Facebook page has the threats made by this fool. I haven't heard from him since that day. I have his Facebook info that I can pass to the officer taking the report. What surprised me was the willingness of this man to go to someone's home . That was really dumb and risky on his part.
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

Topic author
big454

Post by big454 »

C-dub wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:19 am Each of the above recommendations are good. I also don't suppose you took any pictures of him sitting there in his truck as proof that he was there after making the threats and stating that he knew where you lived? Or actual video with audio of you speaking to him so he can't say that you said something you didn't?
He posted these threats on that online page. So they are recorded , my wife was there as well. I have my home camera's pointing towards the front and back . This guy parked on the side street so the camera's didn't get him.

Topic author
big454

Post by big454 »

bblhd672 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:25 am
E.Marquez wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:17 am Make a report NOW.

And stop escalating by engaging him on Farcebook
I was not egging him on. The reason he was there was to try and intimidate me for posting the news article about the crime spree by these people. If I was trying to escalate this I would have contacted him directly on his account.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Abraham wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:19 am Abandon FB - It's not in your best interest to use it...
:iagree:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I've read through the posts on this situation, and I didn't see where you contacted law enforcement. That should have been step one, after he showed up at your house.

If he made actual "threats" to you, that is actionable, especially, since he showed up at your house, that means he had the means and opportunity, to carry out those threats.

I had a similar, situation, when my daughter was in high school, where she and her best friend, who was living with us at the time, began receiving threats, via text message, form a boy she dated once. I came home from work during this time, and was filled in on the situation. The idiot, actually had the nerve to show up at the house and knock on my front door. I told my daughter to call 9-1-1, while I went out the back, and confronted him from behind with my 12 gauge. I ordered him to the ground, and held him there until the deputies arrived. He was arrested for Terrorist threat, and an outstanding warrant.

He told the deputies, that I had threatened to kill him, which was true, but they just laughed and told him, he was lucky that I didn't because I had every justification.

My point being, don't wait, for this idiot, to take action. Report him, and divulge all of the media posts he put up. If a visit from the local LEO, don't convince him that he is in the wrong, at least if he does escalate the situation, you will already, have a report on your side. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Never Again!!”