Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 27

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by RoyGBiv »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:40 pmMan it would be great if people would start realizing that 'millennials' are very equally distributed and white male millennials actually prefer R over D by 9%. Please avoid wide-brushing vast swaths of people. Source.
Thanks!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

EnyoTX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by EnyoTX »

You may have heard about Beto's DUI history. He himself has mentioned it at his town halls (as journalists love to mention to show how honest of a person he is). Guess what? Turns out Beto has been leaving out some crucial details from his retelling:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/p ... 195088.php
The law enforcement reports show two elements of the incident that have been overlooked: that there was a crash involved, and that O’Rourke allegedly attempted to flee.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 36

Post by bblhd672 »

EnyoTX wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:55 am You may have heard about Beto's DUI history. He himself has mentioned it at his town halls (as journalists love to mention to show how honest of a person he is). Guess what? Turns out Beto has been leaving out some crucial details from his retelling:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/p ... 195088.php
The law enforcement reports show two elements of the incident that have been overlooked: that there was a crash involved, and that O’Rourke allegedly attempted to flee.
The people who will vote for Beto don't care about such things.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

EnyoTX

Post by EnyoTX »

The President tweets:
I will be doing a major rally for Senator Ted Cruz in October. I’m picking the biggest stadium in Texas we can find. As you know, Ted has my complete and total Endorsement. His opponent is a disaster for Texas - weak on Second Amendment, Crime, Borders, Military, and Vets!

philip964
Posts in topic: 103

Post by philip964 »

Win or lose this time, the next Obama, per my liberal friends.

Allons
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Allons »

philip964 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:20 pm Win or lose this time, the next Obama, per my liberal friends.
:iagree:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/31/us/p ... early.html

New York Times on Beto vs Ted race.

flechero
Posts in topic: 30

Post by flechero »

philip964 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:20 pm Win or lose this time, the next Obama, per my liberal friends.
At the risk of bad karma for wishing ill on people.... if he's the next obama, I kind of hope he gets pinched for another dui and leaves public life.

deplorable
Posts in topic: 1

Post by deplorable »

flechero wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:08 am
At the risk of bad karma for wishing ill on people.... if he's the next obama, I kind of hope he gets pinched for another dui and leaves public life.
If he kills a woman while DWI then maybe he can be a Kennedy.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by K.Mooneyham »

To the best of my knowledge, I don't have any liberal friends. Some moderates, I guess you might call them, but no liberals.

Unlike Obama, that guy isn't coming out of the "Chicago machine", and thus hiding what he's done in the past will be much more difficult.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Allons
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Allons »

I don't do social media but I have not heard anything about Cruz in the news at all. It seems like this will be a tight race till the end. I hope Cruz supporters turn out in November.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Allons wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:34 pm I don't do social media but I have not heard anything about Cruz in the news at all. It seems like this will be a tight race till the end. I hope Cruz supporters turn out in November.
Bingo .. He's being shunned by the major media on purpose. He's held rallies all across the state but barely gets a mention. VOTE folks, VOTE .
N5PNZ

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Bitter Clinger »

The DemocRats continue to prey on the uninformed using shameless fear mongering as their primary arguments.

Yesterdayed a call, on my CELL phone, from a female volunteer in Plano who was calling me as if we knew each other, to encourage me to vote for Collin Allred because " she had suffered a debilitating illness in her family and only Allred would protect healthcare" or some such nonsense.

If I even knew who Allred was, I would have offered her a Sessions yard sign. I told her she was misguided and leading others astray and not to ever call my personal cell phone again. She was using her personal phone and caller ID provided me with her full name, bless her heart.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 33

Post by The Annoyed Man »

2farnorth wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:26 am
Allons wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:34 pm I don't do social media but I have not heard anything about Cruz in the news at all. It seems like this will be a tight race till the end. I hope Cruz supporters turn out in November.
Bingo .. He's being shunned by the major media on purpose. He's held rallies all across the state but barely gets a mention. VOTE folks, VOTE.
Once again, the 4th Estate has turned into the 5th Column.

Vote like your life depended on it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”