Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Feinstein vs Kavanaugh

Post by Beiruty »

As if she got punched between her eyes.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I want to know if Booker is going to be in trouble for releasing classified documents
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

"Common Use doesn't mean ownership, it means use"... Umm... Wut?

Lol. If 30 million Americans own a certain firearm (I know its actually 3x or more higher) and only use it once a year, how is that not 30 million 'uses' and fitting of the term 'common use'. Does she really think that no one gets their firearms out of the safe?

Thats a new level of redefinition right there.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Feinstein in trouble with her base for apologizing for the disruption yesterday.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:20 am "Common Use doesn't mean ownership, it means use"... Umm... Wut?
I wish he would have smiled and said: "Yes Senator, common in ownership and use. I go to the range weekly and your so called assault rifles are the most common rifles seen at the range... I think that qualifies as common." :lol:

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

flechero wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:03 pm
PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:20 am "Common Use doesn't mean ownership, it means use"... Umm... Wut?
I wish he would have smiled and said: "Yes Senator, common in ownership and use. I go to the range weekly and your so called assault rifles are the most common rifles seen at the range... I think that qualifies as common." :lol:
I am presently using my handgun, quietly holstered as it is, in the same manner that I am using my other insurance policies. I am using them, without collecting on them, in order to sleep at night
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

I am just wondering, where these "hundreds" of school shootings, where "assault" rifles were used, occurred? Did I miss all of the news reports? I would challenge Feinstein, to produce a list of these hundreds, of cases, so that we can fully appreciate the magnitude, of this atrocity. :shock:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

Richbirdhunter wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:14 am I want to know if Booker is going to be in trouble for releasing classified documents
Booker didn’t actually break any rules. The Republicans on the Judiciary Committee worked with the George W. Bush library and the Justice Department overnight to clear the emails. The restrictions were waived early Thursday morning.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

She is an embarrassment to the Senate and the country.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

chamberc wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:07 pm
Richbirdhunter wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:14 am I want to know if Booker is going to be in trouble for releasing classified documents
Booker didn’t actually break any rules. The Republicans on the Judiciary Committee worked with the George W. Bush library and the Justice Department overnight to clear the emails. The restrictions were waived early Thursday morning.
AS he probably expected, so he was simply grandstanding and being as disruptive as possible. (Any additional comments would be censored...)
:banghead:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

While I think that what Booker did was despicable, those weren’t “classified” documents; they were “confidential” committee documents. There is a distinction. Grassley has already absolved Booker of any rule breaking ..... and there are still people who deny the existence of a “deep state”.

The up side to this incident is that Booker has set another precedent that democrats will come to regret. First, former majority leader Harry Reid did away with a rule preventing a simple majority vote to confirm. The GOP holds 51 seats in the senate. That didn’t used to be enough to confirm a SCOTUS justice. Thanks to Reid, it is now enough. So Kavanaugh WILL be confirmed. Now that Booker has set a new precedent for breaking committee confidentiality, republicans are free to do it any time they want to democrats ..... if they have the courage.

It used to be that democrats could break the rules to their advantage, but count on republicans NOT to break those rules....because conservatives believe rules to be useful, and at heart, all democrats are anarchists. But it is now time to fight fire with fire. Going forward, EVERY republican serving on a committee should release any and all confidential committee documents which are found to be inconvenient to democrats. Every. Time. And if democrats protest, republicans should simply smile, and cite the “Booker Precendent”.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:36 pm
While I think that what Booker did was despicable, those weren’t “classified” documents; they were “confidential” committee documents. There is a distinction. Grassley has already absolved Booker of any rule breaking ..... and there are still people who deny the existence of a “deep state”.

The up side to this incident is that Booker has set another precedent that democrats will come to regret. First, former majority leader Harry Reid did away with a rule preventing a simple majority vote to confirm. The GOP holds 51 seats in the senate. That didn’t used to be enough to confirm a SCOTUS justice. Thanks to Reid, it is now enough. So Kavanaugh WILL be confirmed. Now that Booker has set a new precedent for breaking committee confidentiality, republicans are free to do it any time they want to democrats ..... if they have the courage.

It used to be that democrats could break the rules to their advantage, but count on republicans NOT to break those rules....because conservatives believe rules to be useful, and at heart, all democrats are anarchists. But it is now time to fight fire with fire. Going forward, EVERY republican serving on a committee should release any and all confidential committee documents which are found to be inconvenient to democrats. Every. Time. And if democrats protest, republicans should simply smile, and cite the “Booker Precendent”.
No rules were broken. The Republicans and the Bush Library had the documents cleared for release early this morning.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Jusme wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:47 pm I am just wondering, where these "hundreds" of school shootings, where "assault" rifles were used, occurred? Did I miss all of the news reports? I would challenge Feinstein, to produce a list of these hundreds, of cases, so that we can fully appreciate the magnitude, of this atrocity. :shock:
She's lying. Already completely debunked... By NPR!

From Reason.com.... Dianne Feinstein Wants Brett Kavanaugh to 'Reconcile' His Second Amendment Reasoning With 'Hundreds of School Shootings' That Never Happened

And from NPR:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:26 pm
Jusme wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:47 pm I am just wondering, where these "hundreds" of school shootings, where "assault" rifles were used, occurred? Did I miss all of the news reports? I would challenge Feinstein, to produce a list of these hundreds, of cases, so that we can fully appreciate the magnitude, of this atrocity. :shock:
She's lying. Already completely debunked... By NPR!

From Reason.com.... Dianne Feinstein Wants Brett Kavanaugh to 'Reconcile' His Second Amendment Reasoning With 'Hundreds of School Shootings' That Never Happened

And from NPR:

Yeah, it's different if you are testifying, and defending your opinions, at that point you are expected to tell the truth, in fact you swear an oath to do just that. I would be livid, if the person asking the questions, told such a blatant lie. But then again, it's the left, they aren't held to the same standards as everyone else. :rules:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”