Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Allons
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Post by Allons »

flechero wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:50 pm Having lived in and worked at apartment complexes with no external decoration in the halls, it's beyond my comprehension that one could "not know" which apartment /floor was theirs... Even in my misspent youth, if I could walk, I made it to the right apartment.

No matter what happened, it's tragic for a lot of people.
:iagree:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

philip964
Posts in topic: 18

Post by philip964 »

The wife said that on the evening news they reported that the officer got off the elevator on the wrong floor. Tried to use her key but it wouldn’t work, when a black man then opened the door.

Tragic.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 20

Post by carlson1 »

They have asked the Texas Rangers go investigate. What puzzles me they have already charged the officer with manslaughter and the Rangers are just now starting that investigation.

Jago668
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jago668 »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:17 pm They have asked the Texas Rangers go investigate. What puzzles me they have already charged the officer with manslaughter and the Rangers are just now starting that investigation.
Could just be trying to get ahead of any protests by going ahead and charging. They can always drop, upgrade, or add on charges later.
NRA Benefactor Member

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Prayers sent it a sad Story! :tiphat: :txflag:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I have yet to read a report that actually spells out the race of either one of the two. The victim is always mentioned with his name and as a native of St Lucia, so you can pretty well assume he was black, but the cop, I haven't seen anything.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

SewTexas wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:02 pm I have yet to read a report that actually spells out the race of either one of the two. The victim is always mentioned with his name and as a native of St Lucia, so you can pretty well assume he was black, but the cop, I haven't seen anything.
The young man who was shot is black. Don't know about the police officer.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by WTR »

puma guy wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:23 pm
SewTexas wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:02 pm I have yet to read a report that actually spells out the race of either one of the two. The victim is always mentioned with his name and as a native of St Lucia, so you can pretty well assume he was black, but the cop, I haven't seen anything.
Article says she is Caucasian.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by WTR »

WTR wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:38 pm
Sorry, must have been another article concerning the shooting.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

WTR wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:48 pm
WTR wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:38 pm
Sorry, must have been another article concerning the shooting.
found it! it's in the more recent Dallas link, it's a comment from the mother, basically asking if race had anything to do with it.
Because of course it did....before we get the tox screens back....
or maybe the woman was just an idiot....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

This is another one where I really, really want to see/hear the tox screen results. It's also a good argument for some type of video doorbell mechanism.....
Like Molly used to tell Fibber, "Don't open that door, McGee!".
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grundy1133 »

I never answer the door. especially if i dont know who they are... if a cop ever came to my house and started fumbling with the door handle without knocking first, I'd assume something is up. either they're not a real cop or something... and at apartments isn't it a law that they have to have a peep hole of some sort? if i hear my door knob jiggling around and i look out and i see a cop who hasn't knocked or anything, i wouldn't answer it... call me crazy but i'd just wait it out. if they eventually left, i'd call the cops and report the incident... if the resident had just not answered the door eventually the cop would have realized either hey this isnt my apartment, or that something was amiss. I'm not blaming the victim or the officer becuase I wasn't there. I dunno what happened, but it's always wise to not answer the door. especially if nobody knocks but instead starts fiddling around with your door handle.
NRA Member

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bigtek »

The off duty cop should get the same punishment as somebody who walked into a cop's home and shot them dead. Otherwise the rule of law really is a sick joke like Kurt Schlichter wrote last month.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Killadocg23 »

Apparently news is going round that the guy killed and the cop actually knew each other and had “dated” before. Don’t know how true that is but I’ve read and seen it several places.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 19

Post by C-dub »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:16 pm Apparently news is going round that the guy killed and the cop actually knew each other and had “dated” before. Don’t know how true that is but I’ve read and seen it several places.
Where have you heard or seen that?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”