Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

https://people.com/movies/debra-messing ... tfu-trump/

Debra Messing vs Susan Sarandon fight over Trump.

One Hollywood favorite supports Trump.

Wow.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... uerto-rico

Trump questions death toll of hurricane in Puerto Rico.

When the revised death toll went from 60 to 3000, I was curious and looked into it. How could they be that far off?

The first death toll which was around 60 came from the count of people whose bodies were found drown, under collapsed buildings, struck by debris, etc. right around the time of the hurricane. It probably also included people who died in car accidents attributed to the storm.

The bigger number is the people who were excess deaths. So if you take the average death toll from any reason, suicide, natural causes, heart attacks, you name it, and then you compare it to the death toll from any reason for the time of the hurricane and lets say go out 3 or 4 months, those excess deaths are people who also died from the hurricane.

Only the internet shows all the bottled water that sits undelivered on airport runways in Puerto Rico.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

CNN discusses how Trump is responsible for the hurricane, just as Bush was responsible for Katrina. If they had only signed the protocol.

"CAMEROTA: “Now it is time for a CNN reality check as Florence bears down on the Carolinas. The ‘Washington Post’ editorial is calling President Trump, quote, ‘complicit in this storm,’ not for failing to prepare but for failing to address climate change. So a senior political analyst John Avlon has more for us. What do you see, John?”

AVLON: “That’s right, Ali. Look, President Trump has been reaching for storm superlatives, as he wants to do, the biggest, the worst, the more dangerous and who can forget, tremendously wet.

But while President Trump has been talking up our preparedness his policies have been tearing down our defenses to climate change, which is often a blame for extreme weather.

In fact on the same day Trump was discussing Florence from the Oval Office, his EPA proposed rolling back restrictions on emissions of methane, which is 25 time worst than carbon dioxide when it comes to climate change. And that’s just the latest environmental policy targeted by the Trump administration."

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Fact Check: NBC News checks Trump’s claim he supercharged the economy.

False- it’s just a continuation of the great economy Obama gave him.

All you have to do is look at the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The bell weather of America’s economy started sputtering in early 2016 failing to reach a new top and clearly signaling a downturn. With Hillary expected to win the market tried to reach new highs but clearly it had run out of steam. Trump’s surprise election caused the market to roar up 8000 points in just two years.

Dems win in November look out.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

This should have been done years ago.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... s-n2518885

Please contact your US reps, to push this through, we need to quit letting lower courts legislate from the bench.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

Jusme wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:21 am This should have been done years ago.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... s-n2518885

Please contact your US reps, to push this through, we need to quit letting lower courts legislate from the bench.
Not a minute too soon.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149

Post by philbo »

Another "tidbit" this morning... Manafort intends to plead guilty to two crimes of the seven he faced at trial: conspiring to defraud the United States and conspiring to obstruct justice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 7fc29688f4

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

philbo wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:06 am Another "tidbit" this morning... Manafort intends to plead guilty to two crimes of the seven he faced at trial: conspiring to defraud the United States and conspiring to obstruct justice.

Interesting to see how this will turn out. Could be big or nothing. Seems like he is having to give up a lot of vacation homes to the government.

Imagine your a Trump buddy the day after the election. You probably were happy and excited at your future. Probably not now.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:19 am
philbo wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:06 am Another "tidbit" this morning... Manafort intends to plead guilty to two crimes of the seven he faced at trial: conspiring to defraud the United States and conspiring to obstruct justice.

Interesting to see how this will turn out. Could be big or nothing. Seems like he is having to give up a lot of vacation homes to the government.

Imagine your a Trump buddy the day after the election. You probably were happy and excited at your future. Probably not now.

But nothing he is pleading to, happened after 2012. Was he, in hindsight, a poor choice for Trump to pick for a campaign manager? Absolutely!. But I doubt, he laid out all of his shenanigans, to Trump, before taking the job. But what does this have to do, with the "collusion", or the obstruction of justice, Mueller, is so desperately searching for?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

Maybe ALL politicians and their staff of advisors should be investigated to the extent Trump and his team have been. I bet there would be so many indictments we would have a hard time filling all of the vacancies regardless the party affiliation of the office holder.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149

Post by philbo »

Jusme wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:25 amBut nothing he is pleading to, happened after 2012. Was he, in hindsight, a poor choice for Trump to pick for a campaign manager? Absolutely!. But I doubt, he laid out all of his shenanigans, to Trump, before taking the job. But what does this have to do, with the "collusion", or the obstruction of justice, Mueller, is so desperately searching for?
The obstruction of justice is definitely since 2012. His forfeiture of $46 million in cash and property to the government just paid for the investigation. Now Mueller has a direct line into the meeting of June 2016 with Russian nationals offering dirt on Hillary Clinton... you know, the one trump and freinds have repeatedly lied about since it became public. Less of a witch hunt with every conviction. More winning!

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

philbo wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:42 pm
Jusme wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:25 amBut nothing he is pleading to, happened after 2012. Was he, in hindsight, a poor choice for Trump to pick for a campaign manager? Absolutely!. But I doubt, he laid out all of his shenanigans, to Trump, before taking the job. But what does this have to do, with the "collusion", or the obstruction of justice, Mueller, is so desperately searching for?
The obstruction of justice is definitely since 2012. His forfeiture of $46 million in cash and property to the government just paid for the investigation. Now Mueller has a direct line into the meeting of June 2016 with Russian nationals offering dirt on Hillary Clinton... you know, the one trump and freinds have repeatedly lied about since it became public. Less of a witch hunt with every conviction. More winning!
Is it illegal to collect dirt on HRC? I don't think so.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 18

Post by PriestTheRunner »

rotor wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:24 pm
Is it illegal to collect dirt on HRC? I don't think so.
It might not be illegal but its probably bad for your health....

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

If there was any illegal activity, he would have already indicted, Trump Jr. He gave a full statement, on the reason for the meeting (dirt on HRC) and then when it was discovered, that the meeting was for another purpose, he left. The "Russian National" was all part of the plot to try to trap DT, anyway. There is nothing there. The crooks out to get him were too incompetent, to even pull off, a trap. It wouldn't matter, if she did have "dirt", there is still no crime. What is the possible, outcome that you think will somehow "get" Trump? Almost 2 years of investigating, and so far, we have convictions for bank fraud, and other crimes, that happened, at least three years before Trump announced he was running for President. :headscratch So yeah, it looks even more like a witch hunt everyday.

Return to “Off-Topic”